Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Aventon maturo headset bearings

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-23, 10:03 AM
Spetnaz101

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ive been looking for hours trying to find the correct bearings for my headset. anyone have an idea where i can find any bearing or type of bearing that would fit my bike.
Old 03-11-23, 10:49 AM
trailangel

Bikes: Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1931 Post(s)
Liked 742 Times in 422 Posts
https://www.aventon.com/products/can...nt=45891914578
Likes For trailangel:
Old 03-11-23, 10:52 AM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Quoted: 4210 Post(s)
Liked 3,875 Times in 2,315 Posts
Can we have more information please. Like are the bearings loose balls, loose balls held in a retainer ring? Cartridge bearings? Rollers VS balls? How about a photo of the bearing resting surfaces so we can guess for you?

Checking out the company's website shows no spec chart offered (that I could find at least) It's so nice when a company choses to restrict information from their customers (and BTW this is a reason why some want a "right to repair" law). Have you tried to contact the company? Was this bought from a shop? Andy
Old 03-11-23, 12:38 PM
Spetnaz101

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well they used to have parts and everything about a year ago. They switched more over to e bikes and since that happened they stoped making the products. Here are the specs. Headset: 28.6*41.8*30mm Sealed Bearing. That's what I found on another website. The bearing balls are lose. There's a few missing. I bought it off there website in 2018 definitely since then the bearings have been shot. I tried contacting the company and i haven't gotten a response yet. Won't allow me to post photos untill i post 10 times

Last edited by Spetnaz101; 03-11-23 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-11-23, 02:03 PM
trailangel

Bikes: Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1931 Post(s)
Liked 742 Times in 422 Posts
Make some more posts so you can post a pic or two of what you have. 41.8..... some call that 42, but it can be mind-boggling figuring out....at least for me it is. If you just need bearings...it could be easier. Post pics and someone will advise.
https://www.universalcycles.com/shop...20Creek&order=
Old 03-11-23, 03:49 PM
Spetnaz101

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So i cleaned the bearing and it took a while but what i could make from what I could read on the lower headset beseing is M(?) P18 ∅ 52x
Old 03-12-23, 07:25 PM
maddog34

Bikes: !982 Trek 930R Custom, Diamondback ascent with SERIOUS updates, Fuji Team Pro CF and a '09 Comencal Meta 5.5

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1299 Post(s)
Liked 739 Times in 534 Posts
Originally Posted by Spetnaz101
So i cleaned the bearing and it took a while but what i could make from what I could read on the lower headset beseing is M(?) P18 ∅ 52x
searching those numbers brings up semi-auto handguns. Searching the Bearing Measurements brought up a standard bearing that will not work as a headset bearing.
. I'd suggest going to a Co-op Bike Shop and getting some help.. or buying a cheap dial caliper and carefully measuring your bearings or the head tube on your bike... and post some pics when able.. go introduce yourself to the forums and say thanks to each responder to get to ten posts quickly..

also.. after looking at reviews of Aventon, you will not be getting any help from them. The only part listed on their site for your bike is a Seat Clamp. I'd go buy the dial calipers mentioned, or go to a bike shop and apologize for buying an Aventon.

Last edited by maddog34; 03-12-23 at 07:37 PM.