Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Wahoo Elemnt Bolt - TBT prompts can be enlarged?

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-18, 05:36 AM
Machoman121

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

Is there a way to enlarge the TBT warnings or make it clearer? I am thinking of getting a Bolt and will use it 50% for navigation. But i'm worried that my 54 year old eyes will have difficulty picking up the count down for up coming prompts?........I want the distance countdown to be as large as possible and from what i've read and seen on youtube that is one font that doesn't get changed. It should be quite hard to read the distance countdown to a turn on a fast moving bumpy bike in traffic**********
Old 05-11-18, 06:34 AM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3242 Post(s)
Liked 2,086 Times in 1,181 Posts
Originally Posted by Machoman121
Is there a way to enlarge the TBT warnings or make it clearer? I am thinking of getting a Bolt and will use it 50% for navigation. But i'm worried that my 54 year old eyes will have difficulty picking up the count down for up coming prompts?........I want the distance countdown to be as large as possible and from what i've read and seen on youtube that is one font that doesn't get changed. It should be quite hard to read the distance countdown to a turn on a fast moving bumpy bike in traffic**********
Font size doesn't change nor does the white lettering on black background. I had issues with both (63) and had to remove my non-polarized sunglasses to read TBT. That was unacceptable and not something Wahoo had any inclination to change. I returned my Bolt, which I other wise loved, and got a Garmin 1000, which I can read with sunglasses.
Old 05-11-18, 05:21 PM
John_V 

Bikes: 2017 Colnago C-RS, 2012 Colnago Ace, 2010 Giant Cypress hybrid

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 85 Posts
It was either the last firmware update or the one prior that made the TBT notification banners much easier to read. I have used the navigation on my Bolt since the update and can read the writing with no problem. Used it this past weekend on the MS150. I'm 71 so my eyes are probably worse than yours.

2017 Colnago C-RS
2012 Colnago Ace
2010 Giant Cypress
Old 05-12-18, 05:06 PM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 181 Posts
Originally Posted by Machoman121
Short answer: No.

The Bolt is pretty readable but if you're in the "my arms are too short" crowd, you'll be happier with the Elemnt. It's not that much larger, but for the same number of fields on the display, it's a lot easier to read for those of use who need readers. Get the Elemnt. You'll be happier. The software is almost entirely the same so you don't give up any functionality.

J.
Old 05-12-18, 05:32 PM
Whizzer283

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale CAAD 10, 1985 Nishiki Prestige single speed conversion, 2018 Cervelo R5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
+1 on the Elemnt