Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Best Mirror for Narrow Handlebars on Liv Sedona

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-21, 12:17 PM
Scubaquarius

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts

The handlebars on the Liv Sedona are really neat, very adjustable. However, they are narrow.
Any suggestions on what type of mirror I can get to watch back traffic.

Thanks,
Scubaquarius
Old 06-24-21, 12:27 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6178 Post(s)
Liked 4,795 Times in 3,307 Posts
None.

At least not if seeing people coming up behind you change anything about how you are planning for the road ahead of you.

When I'm coming up on another cyclist, I've already planned out where and when I want to pass and how to deal with the other details of the ride ahead. IE. other traffic and blind curves, etc.

When ever I see someone with mirrors that I am overtaking, a certain number seem to do odd things and give up the right of way they have just by being the person in front. This really messes up all the planning I've done and many times leaves me in a less safe situation because the rider in front slows down and motions for me to pass in a blind curve or even when other traffic is coming.

So if you get a mirror. Great, it's good for you to be aware of what is behind you. Just don't act any differently in the way you ride. You are in front. The persons overtaking you have to plan how to deal with you. Until they complete passing, then you have the right of way.... IMO.

So don't make my decisions harder even if it's just that you are trying to be nice.

edit.... My apology for using your simple question to make a statement. But I've had a lot of issues with people having mirrors do unexpected and dangerous stuff when they see me come up behind them.

There are good mirrors out there. I hope I haven't caused this thread to de-rail from the start. Hopefully you will still get some good recommendations for mirrors.

Last edited by Iride01; 06-24-21 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-24-21, 09:25 PM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1533 Post(s)
Liked 1,527 Times in 915 Posts
If they're flat bars, a bar-end mirror should work; either this style or this style. Helmet mounted mirrors are also popular, such as this one. You can check with your local bike shop to try some out. HTH.
Old 06-24-21, 11:41 PM
alo

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 529 Post(s)
Liked 255 Times in 185 Posts
I prefer convex mirrors to flat mirrors.

I have motorcycle mirrors on my bicycle. They stick out wider than the handlebars. If you do something similar, you need to be creative, and come up with your own ideas on how to fix them. They are bigger than many bicycle mirrors.
Old 06-25-21, 05:03 AM
MrWasabi

Bikes: 2014 Fuji Traverse 1.3, 2020 Electra Cruiser 1, 1995 Giant CFM-4

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 36 Posts
How about the CatEye BM-45?
https://www.amazon.com/CAT-EYE-BM-45.../dp/B0106YAFLS
Old 06-25-21, 06:55 AM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 2007 Dahon Boardwalk, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International, 2006 Felt F65, 1989 Dahon Getaway V

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 1,676 Times in 827 Posts
Take-A-Look glasses/helmet mount mirror.
Old 06-25-21, 09:43 AM
John Valuk

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 168 Times in 109 Posts
Hafny has a variety of different configurations, both bar-end-mounted and clamp-to-the-handlebar styles.

You might look at those to see if they have something that fits the bill.