Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Utility Cycling
Reload this Page >

$2.00 Cargo Nets

Notices
Utility Cycling Want to haul groceries, beer, maybe even your kids? You don't have to live car free to put your bike to use as a workhorse. Here's the place to share and learn about the bicycle as a utility vehicle.

$2.00 Cargo Nets

Old 07-23-18, 03:17 PM
toast3d

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
$2.00 Cargo Nets

For those of us without longtail bikes, who just have normal bikes with racks and baskets, cargo nets are great if you want to load a container above the rim or just if you want to keep something from bouncing up/out while riding.

FYI, Walmart is selling cargo nets for 2 bucks. I just picked one up. It's rather small and it's a triangle shape with only 3 hooks, but for 2 bucks you can't really complain. I think I paid 10 bucks for my last cargo net, and I had to special order it because none of the local bike shops had them in stock. That cargo net is bigger and better, but the little 2 dollar guy will no doubt still come in handy.
Old 07-28-18, 12:52 AM
Gareth

Bikes: 2006 Falcon Explorer Hybrid, 2008 Landrover Visalia Crossover, 2010 Cargo Cycles Senton, 2010 Cargo Cycles Capability, and a 2001 AVD quad pedi-van, 1980 Peugeot Carbolite 10sp racer

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 7 Posts
I have found that each of these budget nets fits perfectly into a plastic Skippy Peanut butter jar, which fits perfectly into a bottle carrier.
That way theyre always on my utility bike ready for use. Here's how I do it; https://www.bikeforums.net/utility-cy...y-cyclist.html
Old 08-03-18, 11:30 AM
I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,529 Times in 1,042 Posts
My solution is as pictured. Always available and configurable for any size package(s).

Cost =$0 as I have barrels of "Roadside Treasure" Bungis of all lengths and composition found along the road.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Basket2.jpg (85.7 KB, 68 views)