Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

1995 Trek 990 Root Beer 18"

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-20, 06:45 AM
purebikes 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 24 Posts

**SOLD** Up for grabs is a super sweet 1995 Trek 990 in the much sought after Root Beer color. Frame is True Temper OX III triple butted frame that measures 18” center to top. Top tube is 22” center to center. Frame is in good overall shape with a few minor scrapes. Component group is Deore XT that is is good overall shape. There are two teeth missing on the big chainring but otherwise the component group looks almost new with no major scrapes. The other issue with the bike is that the plastic fork cap is broken. Easy fix, but I wanted to mention it. The shifters were switched out to a grip shift, but they work well. The front fork is a rock shox Judy that function well. Overall this is a really nice example of Trek’s top of the line steel frame for 95.

**SOLD** $500 + Shipping OBO

Last edited by purebikes; 05-11-20 at 07:29 AM.
Old 04-27-20, 08:12 AM
purebikes 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 24 Posts
Can't buy any bikes until I get an estimate on my broken lawn mower. I brought it into the shop and they said leave and they'll contact me with an estimate. That was before the CV closures. Now there's a sign on the door saying they're closed indefinitely but they still have my lawn mower! They left a phone number and I called the owner but he hasn't returned my calls.
That is unfortunate. Message me if you are still interested once you get your lawnmower. I will say that cool bikes are a much bigger priority than a beautiful lawn, so maybe buy the Trek and then worry about the lawnmower later.