Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Change Bike 720B - Importing to Europe

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-24, 12:10 PM
gpp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Hey eveyone,

I am a proud new owner of a Change Bike! Here is my story, I hope it helps someone on the fence.

I live in Portugal in a very tiny appartment. I do have a bike, a cheap folding bike, the ones with "seated" riding positions. It is ok I guess but with only six gears any hills are a challenge for me.

I was on the lookout for a new bike. I have a friend with a brompton and was considering it but I did not want the small wheels driving experience again and I did not want to spend that much money. And then I discovered Change bike and Montague! I was shocked I never had even heard of the brands! After much research I was decided on a 720B Change Bike. The reasons where, it was the lightest, it rolled when folded and had those good looks too!

I went to the UK website and filled in the form with my many questions. I did hear back from the store but when I replied with more questions I did not here back from them. I tried Change Bike Taiwan but they responded that the shipping would be so expensive that they advised me not to buy from them. And so I thought I had to get a Montague instead.
That is until I discovered that Change Bike UK on google and on facebook has a phone number on it (the website does not!) I immediatly called it and Simon answered it. He was super helpful and answered all my questions and trust me, I had many.

He set my mind at ease and here is what happened. I order the bike+ stand+ rear rack (my frame size S had a huge huge discount!), about two weeks later UPS delivered it, I payed the custom fees + VAT, sent the bill to Simon and Change Bike refunded me.

I was amazed on how smooth everything went, I have heard so many horror stories of buying in UK and shipping to Europe but it seems Change Bike has a great operation going.

The bike arrived really well packaged and after inflating the tires it was ready to roll.

I wish I could share pictures of the unboxing and the fully assembled bike, with rear rack folded and unfolded but since I am a newbie the website does not allow me. When I am able to I will upload them.
Likes For gpp:
Old 04-11-24, 01:28 AM
Duragrouch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 793 Post(s)
Liked 431 Times in 345 Posts

That's an impressive acquisition, especially the later turbofan B model. A bit old, but still impressive. I wish I had me one of those.

During the 1970s a host of really famous bands toured in one of those, the first one built, in fact that exact one pictured above, including Led Zeppelin. It was called The Starship. Bet you didn't know that.

Last edited by Duragrouch; 04-11-24 at 01:41 AM.
Old 04-11-24, 03:37 AM
gpp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

A bit heavy on steep climbs but once it gets going it flies!!
Old 04-11-24, 06:32 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1127 Post(s)
Liked 854 Times in 598 Posts
Must cost a lot to fuel her up! 🤣🤣🤣 Congratulations on the sweet new bike. Now hit 10 posts so we can start seeing those pics of this baby...