Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

CREE XML XM-L T6 LED Bike Light

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

CREE XML XM-L T6 LED Bike Light

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-12, 05:17 PM
AndreyT

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by cehowardGS
I am running TWO 1600 lumen (rated) LIGHTS on the front, a 1600 lumen (rated) LIGHT on my helmet. Since I have been running these lights, I see much better, I am SEEN, AND most important, Drivers DON'T TAKE MY RIGHTAWAY ANYMORE!!
Not only that, but your posts in this forum also look more legible somehow! As if the letters are darker...
Old 04-26-12, 05:19 AM
Cyclaholic
CRIKEY!!!!!!!

Bikes: several

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1590 Post(s)
Liked 689 Times in 366 Posts
Originally Posted by AndreyT
Not only that, but your posts in this forum also look more legible somehow! As if the letters are darker...
Old 04-26-12, 05:20 AM
Cyclaholic
CRIKEY!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by cehowardGS
I am running TWO 1600 lumen (rated) LIGHTS on the front, a 1600 lumen (rated) LIGHT on my helmet. Since I have been running these lights, I see much better, I am SEEN, AND most important, Drivers DON'T TAKE MY RIGHTAWAY ANYMORE!!
OMG! ...what lights are you using? ...more importantly, what tires are you using to deal with the molten asphalt?
Old 04-26-12, 05:23 AM
Cyclaholic
CRIKEY!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by CigTech
Cyclaholic, As most people who are looking for a light I don't care if it's puting out 1200 lm or 300 lm. I just want to be able to see. As Far as that goes + the price I'm happy with this light. As we all know the box print is always a lie to get you to buy it.

But if the battery is going to lite the bag on fire, then I have a problem with that. I can see me trying to go faster to put out the fire LOL. I'll check it tonight.
Valid concerns re. the battery, and I forgot to mention that your recommendation to not look directly into these lights is also a very good one.

Other than that, I was I addressing the numbers you quoted in your post because I've done some bench testing of some XR-E based lights and figured others could use the info, that's all.
Old 04-26-12, 12:27 PM
CigTech

Bikes: Schwinn Empire XL

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Ok last night I temp the Battery at 102 deg f. the battery bag was 84 deg f. so not to bad. It was 54 deg F temp last night. So I have to check it again when it gets hoter out side.

Last edited by CigTech; 04-26-12 at 11:59 PM.
Old 05-03-12, 12:32 AM
CigTech

Bikes: Schwinn Empire XL

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
ok here a picture of the light take with a cell phone, I know not the best. So for whats it worth, here is the light on a rabbit i seen coming home to night. It's a low med and high shot put together.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
LMH bike light.jpg (48.6 KB, 42 views)
Old 05-04-12, 10:42 AM
Ray R

Bikes: 5 Colnago, 2 Olmo, Bianchi, 4 Austro-Daimler, Merlin, Fisher Tandem, John Waite track tandem, Schwinns, Steyrs, Bill Holland Ti path racer, Chinese prototype FS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Magicshine replaced my old batteries and they work much better now. I use the 900 on my helmet, and the 1400 and 1600 on the bars, with an old L&M Arc Li-ion. I can see ahead in the dark at 45 mph. I power down for bike paths and oncoming traffic on the level at 20 mph. Once in a while an oncoming driver will flash me, thinking I have the high beams on. Then I max everything out and illuminate the exterior and interior of the car. Surprises the hell out of them.

I also use the array during the day. No one pulls out in front of me any more.