Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

gamoh vs soma dlx porteur vs Velo porteur???

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-20, 08:25 PM
funbuffalo24

Bikes: '09 Jamis Aurora elite, '01 Jamis Quest, '97 Trek Y3, '87 Bianchi Sport SX, '96 Bianchi San Remo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts

Decided to turn my Bianchi San Jose into a ss commuter with a qr wheelset, and I've had a heck of a time finding wide platform front & rear matching racks in chrome/silver. I carry two 20L rucksacks of gear with me to work daily, so I'm looking to be able to bike that in daily. Via email confirmations, I've been able to find out that the Velo orange porteur can be run fore or aft, so as of now that seems to be my safest bet, but I also really like the look of Soma's stainless deluxe porteur and their folding porteur rack, but am awaiting to hear if I can run these on the rear without issue as of yet. Minoura's Gamoh king carrier has also struck my eye, but the front basket is offered in stainless whereas the rear version is only available in black, and aesthetically I wanna match. Sure, I could also buy a blackburn local and sandblast it for half the cost but then have to run p clamps because it doesn't run to fork or seatstay brake bolt holes, or buy a sunlite quick detach woody basket. Either way, does anyone have thoughts/suggestions on any other models/brands of non black cargo/porteur racks I could look into? Or have you ran a prementioned front rack on the backside without issue?? No Walds...lol.
Old 06-25-20, 02:46 PM
bOsscO
bOsscO

Bikes: 2024 Spec Crux, 2015 Norco Search S1, 93 Mongoose IBOC COMP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked 355 Times in 212 Posts
Matching silver Blackburn front and rear racks, for $40CAD; https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van...140754791.html
You're welcome.
Likes For bOsscO: