Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

Bianchi Allroad Impulso with Crankbrothers Zinx 3 rims

Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-18, 07:07 AM
Bestiarium

Bikes: BiXS Sign 320

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dear all,

I am currently in acquisition of a gravel bike, which will be a commuter and recreational bike for me.

I kind of got hooked to the idea of buying a Bianchi Impulso Allroad but to change the default rims it comes with (Reparto Corse CDX22, I believe those are proprietary from Bianchi) with custom Crankbrothers' Zinc 3 model.

Clearly, I would have to pay extra for this customization, but I wouldn't mind if I it made sense.

So, what do you think folks? Would a set of Zinc 3 wheels on a Bianchi be better (lighter, stiffer) than the original Reparto Corse CDX22?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers
Old 09-18-18, 09:09 AM
Lava
Reno/Seattle/NYC

Bikes: Cannondale Topstone 105

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
The Impulso Allroad is at the top of my list too! It's surprisingly hard to find reviews on it that aren't just marketing collaborations, but that seems to be the case for a lot of newer adventure bikes. Maybe they just haven't percolated into the real world quite fast enough?

In any case, the Reparto Corse CDX22 aren't the lowest end wheels, based on the options Bianchi ships bikes with (Alex rims on the lower end models), but a custom set are most likely going to be better. It would be nice to hear from someone who has experience with the CDX22 wheels, though, as they're equally hard to find specs and reviews on as the bike itself.

The Impulso Allroad isn't the best bargain of newer gravel bikes, though, so if budget is a concern, especially if you're wanting to upgrade the wheels right away, a different bike (Topstone, CaadX, etc...) would be better value. If you want it for the beautiful Bianchi design, though, then don't let a few dollars stop you! If you do get one, post photos and thoughts!
Old 09-18-18, 09:59 AM
Metieval

Bikes: Road bike, Hybrid, Gravel, Drop bar SS, hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 214 Posts
Originally Posted by Lava
The Impulso Allroad is at the top of my list too! It's surprisingly hard to find reviews on it that aren't just marketing collaborations, but that seems to be the case for a lot of newer adventure bikes.
so many bikes I am waiting on "REAL" reviews of. Especially ride reviews.

based on the bike choice wheel choice I am guessing this has a lot to do with Style being #1 . hey I am not going to knock that. I'll only advise that if you really like the Zinc 3 then find as many reviews you can, and read them objectively.
Old 09-24-18, 04:24 AM
Bestiarium

Bikes: BiXS Sign 320

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the answers Lava and Metieval. I can't hide the fact that I was primarily guided by style when I was considering Zinc 3 with Allroad Impulso. In the meanwhile I talked to the Bianchi store in Switzerland, and they are a bit hesitant to deliver me the bike with these wheels. So I reckon I will first go for the bike as it is, and acquire Zinc 3 later, as aftermarket :-)
Old 09-29-19, 10:28 AM
ultrarider7

Bikes: 1964 Schwinn Varsity, 1985 Trek 410, 1985 Peugeot P 8, 2021 Pinarello Dogma F12, 2022 Cannondale Topstone Alloy

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked 1,102 Times in 327 Posts
I am thinking of buying one as well. End of season sale at the local bike shop. Here's a video of someone riding one in the winter.