Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Friend's bike got stolen from his home in SJ Cali yesterday.

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-04, 04:40 PM
catatonic
Chairman of the Bored

Bikes: 2004 Raleigh Talus, 2001 Motobecane Vent Noir (Custom build for heavy riders)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

My computer shy bud of mine got his bike stolen from his house in downtown SJ at about 5:30am yesterday morning.

It's a very custom bike...he peiced it together himself, so this bike is rather noticeable if you ever see it.

I'm listing the description from off my head ATM, so it may be updated after I talk to him some more after work.

Santa Cruz Chameleon frame, chrome
Chris King "King Kong" headset.
Has a Mavic skewer in back, and a Kore skewer up front. (very easy way to spot it if the guy is trying to sell it)
Marzocchi DH fork, not sure what model (dual crown...the arch looks much like a beefier version of the 2001 monster style arch). The stanchions between the crowns has roadbar style foam over it.

If any of you happen to see it, it would be great to tell the guy you know of someone interested in it, and forwarding me the info so we can possibly get him his bike back.
Old 08-11-04, 11:38 PM
ruirui
need to go out and ride..

Bikes: 2011 Scott Addict R1, 2014 Redline Conquest Team, 2015 BMC TMR02

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
damn.. sorry to hear that dude. while i was going to SJSU, i use to live by 8th st & williams and although i never got robbed... but i did however saw 2 drivebys, a vado got clubbed unconcious by a 2x4 and some guys stole a car then got chased by cops.. ditched the car while it's still rolling and started jumping the fences from one house to the next.

downtown SJ is bad... although it got cleaned up.. but just not enough. u should post a pic on this forum and then check the craigslist.. cuz most likely someone will try and sell it there. but then again, it could be some crack head and probably just sold it for $50 to get some smack. who knows... too many weird people in downtown SJ.
Old 08-12-04, 12:28 AM
catatonic
Chairman of the Bored

Bikes: 2004 Raleigh Talus, 2001 Motobecane Vent Noir (Custom build for heavy riders)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Yeah I know, the area really isnt much better, just the police don't show for much of it, therefore their report count is lower, and looks like it's lower crime. When my car got broken into, they actually tried as hard as they could to not file the report....actually it never got filed...same thing for when some jackarse broke into my apartment, and was trying to steal from one of the bedrooms..well he managed to knock me over and run off..basically they ask you if you know them personally and if the answer was no, tehy just try to brush you off.

I've been in worse neighborhoods though, fortunately there are no major gang wars in this area....once was enough.

Either way, I hope this guy gets caught...all the bike shops in the area should already know about the bike by now, even the flea market guys know about it already...one of them stopped me today and told me to be sure my bike was locked down well because this "super trick SC got ripped off"....so I know it's going to be hard to sell it, so I'm also looking around for components to show up on EBay...that fork, I can't describe it well, but it looks extremely overbuilt, even for DH, and it was very distinct...very little painted metal on that fork at all, kind of abnormal with how you can even find Marz Shivers that have paint all the way up them.
Old 08-12-04, 12:40 AM
ruirui
need to go out and ride..

Bikes: 2011 Scott Addict R1, 2014 Redline Conquest Team, 2015 BMC TMR02

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
that's cool as long as a lot of people know about it then it's cool. i hope that guy get caught too. it just sucks when someone steals ur shiat. my friend's prelude sh got his side skirts ripped off in the parking garage in sjsu. then his exhaust and spoiler got ripped off too. gesh! local cops didn't do anything about it, even though our friend worked as campus police had been pushing this case. anyhoo... it's all good. just be safe.. and u might want to think about buying renter/personal property insurance. it's worth it when u get jacked.