Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

OLMO Sanremo Frame value

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-20, 09:53 AM
Paul J

Bikes: 1980's Spectrum 10 sp Campagnolo Centaur, 1990 Eddy Merckx 10 sp Campagnolo Centaur, Bushnell Tandem, Co-Motion Speedster Tandem

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked 102 Times in 65 Posts
OLMO Sanremo Frame value

I recently acquired this frame for it's parts group and am trying to figure out it's value. It has no tubing decals though it appears to by a retro bike produced by OLMO. There records state it is SLX though it doesn't have any ribbing in the lower seat tube. The frame has a couple of minor chips and the chrome is good, it has just a hint of pitting which almost all was polished off with waxing the frame. The frame is marked as a 57cm which is the center of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube measurement. Center to Center is approximately 55cm. The top tube is 56cm center to center and the head tube in 15cm.

I'd love to get what the value of this frame would be. I live in Lancaster County PA.

Thanks!

Last edited by Paul J; 09-28-20 at 10:16 AM.
Likes For Paul J:
Old 09-28-20, 12:39 PM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3811 Post(s)
Liked 3,337 Times in 2,177 Posts
-----

images not displaying for me; are others able to view them?

-----
Old 09-28-20, 12:52 PM
ridelikeaturtle

Bikes: Bianchi Ti Megatube; Colnago Competition; Planet-X EC-130E; Klein Pulse; Amp Research B4; Litespeed Catalyst; Trek Y11

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked 480 Times in 260 Posts
Originally Posted by juvela
-----

images not displaying for me; are others able to view them?

-----
I can see them.

But I don't see a Columbus sticker. Could be Cromor tubing? Maybe overall weight and tube thickness would give you a better idea of what it is exactly? I suspect SLX would be much lighter than Cromor or Aelle.
Old 09-29-20, 03:33 PM
Paul J

Bikes: 1980's Spectrum 10 sp Campagnolo Centaur, 1990 Eddy Merckx 10 sp Campagnolo Centaur, Bushnell Tandem, Co-Motion Speedster Tandem

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked 102 Times in 65 Posts
I haven't found any information here on the forums or online regarding this frame so remembered that ERA Cycles who are the retail outlet here in Lancaster for OLMO are also the importer through Red Rose Imports for OLMO. I brought the frame into the shop and asked if they knew anything about the frame. He said I sure do, he was very involved in this model. He said they had received a communication from OLMO in 2010 that they had found several sets of lugs for standard tubing and would Red Rose like to do a special run of lugged frames. This is one of those frames. They were built with SL and SLX tubing and this was one of the SL frames. He went on to explain the very good fork and how they did special decals and other feature. So it was great to get information on the frame so I have confidence in what I have.

So all that to say it looks like this is SL tubing throughout so it isn't as good as SLX but better then CroMo or Alle. I'm hoping that give some better info to determine a value.
Old 10-12-20, 12:47 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,988 Times in 1,776 Posts
Just updating this as I just received the frame in from Paul. First off, he packed it very well and was great to work with on the shipment.

The frame is beautiful, the paint and decals are so sweet. A lot of the decals are black with a gold border. Super excited about getting this on and now that I see how truly nice it is I'll have to source an equally nice groupset for it. No way the rider quality Chorus 10 speed I have on hand is good enough for this one.

Checked all the tubes inside the BB, no rifling at all. So that should confirm that this is a SL frame.

Frameset weight with the headset and all came in at 6 lbs 6 ozs.

Did I mention this thing is beautiful?