Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Did You Ride Today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-18, 03:36 PM
RonH
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Today's ride was different. I met a new Bike Forums member at the Holder trailhead and we rode together to the north end and back to Holder. He is sort of a new cyclist so we took our time and talked and had a great time. We'll be doing it again on Saturday. Maybe we can up the mileage a bit.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 02-03-18, 08:30 PM
RonH
Life is good

Originally Posted by RonH
Today's ride was different. I met a new Bike Forums member at the Holder trailhead and we rode together to the north end and back to Holder. He is sort of a new cyclist so we took our time and talked and had a great time. We'll be doing it again on Saturday. Maybe we can up the mileage a bit.
Well, we did up the mileage today. Dave and I rode from Holder to the north side of Inverness and back for a total of 18 miles. After I dropped him at his car I kept riding for a total of 33 miles.
We're supposed to do it again on Monday. Maybe we can up the mileage a bit more for Dave.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 02-07-18, 06:19 PM
RonH
Life is good

I was really warm today. Too warm fro February 7.
Met Dave and we rode from Hernando to Inverness and looked at bikes in both bike shops. Not sure what bike he'll be getting. I rode a total of 23 miles today.

Old 02-09-18, 05:48 PM
RonH
Life is good

I met Dave (@DGoodroe) at the Hernando trailhead today. The weather was perfect. We rode south to just north of Floral City and back to Hernando for a total of 23 miles.

Old 02-12-18, 06:07 PM
RonH
Life is good

Rode by myself today. Did my usual ride to the north end of the trail and back to Hernando.

Old 02-15-18, 07:32 AM
RonH
Life is good

I met Dave (@DGoodroe;) at Hernando yesterday and we rode to Floral City and back. This was his longest ride — 24.7 miles. He was on his new bike so I think that motivated him.

Old 02-16-18, 04:14 PM
RonH
Life is good

Dave and I rode from Hernando to the north end of the Withlacoochee Trail and back. He said that 22 mile ride was harder than he thought it would be.

Old 02-18-18, 07:52 PM
GeologyJoe

Bikes: F. Moser, Trek 520, Kona Cinder Cone, Raleigh Olympian and others.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Church of the Big Ring

Yes i did. A beautiful 1.5 hrs after a fresh 6inch snow fall. The roads dried up nicely with mid 30s temps and bright sun. The studded tires are heavy but we'll worth the traction.
Old 02-20-18, 07:40 AM
RonH
Life is good

Originally Posted by GeologyJoe
Yes i did. A beautiful 1.5 hrs after a fresh 6inch snow fall. The roads dried up nicely with mid 30s temps and bright sun. The studded tires are heavy but we'll worth the traction.
Snow??? What's that? Many of us here in the Southeast subforum don't have that stuff. I'm in the sunshine state.

Old 02-22-18, 07:24 PM
RonH
Life is good

Did my usual 22 mile ride today. It was warm and sunny while I was out. Sure wish this unusually warm weather would go away. Its been way too warm for February. Its been more like late April or May.

Old 02-24-18, 03:40 PM
RonH
Life is good

Another non-seasonal warm day here in west central Florida. Rode the Litespeed from Hernando for about 2.5 miles on the Withlacoochee Trail when I realized my "good luck charm" fell off my bike. Rode back slowly looking for it but didn't find it. Rode to the north end of the trail and back for a total of 27.5 miles.

Old 03-03-18, 01:34 PM
RonH
Life is good

After a bad spell with my spinal stenosis last Monday I finally got out today. Luckily I already had my 6 month pain injection scheduled for that morning. Did my usual ride today to the north end of the Withlacoochee Trail and back. Steady headwind when heading north and a nice tailwind back to the car.

Old 03-08-18, 10:33 AM
RonH
Life is good

Dave rode from Holder and met me at the Hernando trailhead yesterday and we rode south to Floral City and back. The wind was from the NW and it was brutal. I was whipped when I got home. I can still feel it today.

Old 03-11-18, 02:06 PM
fire

Bikes: '09 Diamondback Insight 1, '05 Trek 3700 ( now a hybrid street/cross trail bike), (Vintage model) Kent Supreme 10 speed road cruiser, BMX (just for fun), Trek Multitrack 720 and a homebuilt recumbent low-rider.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RonH
Another non-seasonal warm day here in west central Florida. Rode the Litespeed from Hernando for about 2.5 miles on the Withlacoochee Trail when I realized my "good luck charm" fell off my bike. Rode back slowly looking for it but didn't find it. Rode to the north end of the trail and back for a total of 27.5 miles.
That's frustrating.
What was the good luck charm?
Old 03-12-18, 10:26 AM
RonH
Life is good

Originally Posted by fire
That's frustrating.
What was the good luck charm?
It was this. My wife bought it for me.

https://www.amazon.com/WOLF-Guardian...in+Riding+Bell

Old 03-16-18, 01:51 PM
RonH
Life is good

It was a balmy day (59F) along the Withlacoochee Trail today so headed out around 9:30. Did my usual ride from Hernando to the north end and back. Had to remove my vest and arm warmers at the north end.

Old 03-22-18, 04:48 PM
RonH
Life is good

It was another sunny and balmy (59F) but very windy day on the Withlacoochee Trail. Did my usual ride with a strong head wind on the ride north. Had a nice tail wind on the way south. It was a subtropical 64F at the end of the ride when I got back to the car.

Old 03-27-18, 03:32 PM
RonH
Life is good

Did my usual ride on the Withlacoochee Trail today. It was warm (60F) when I got to the trail. It was also VERY windy. Sure wish we could save some of this wind for the summer months when we're all praying for a breeze.
Had a nice tailwind to push me north but a very strong headwind on the way south. By the time I got home I was whipped. My 73 y/o body is still a little tired.

Last edited by RonH; 03-28-18 at 06:57 AM.
Old 03-27-18, 04:10 PM
DGoodrow

Location: Just up the road from the Withlacoochee Trail-Holder Trailhead

Bikes: 2014 Giant Escape 2018 Trek Domane SL5 Disk

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
RonH,
I thought that was your car I saw in the parking lot..I went south from Holder to a few miles south of Floral City and got the windy part out of the way first. I did 44 miles today. Like you, my 67 year old bones are feeling the result of my efforts now.
Dave

Last edited by DGoodrow; 03-27-18 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-05-18, 06:26 AM
RonH
Life is good

Did my usual ride on the Withlacoochee Trail yesterday. Slight wind out of the south (headwind) for the 2nd half of the ride. When I got home I was whipped. Started thinking why I've been so tired after my rides lately. Then I remembered that I ran out of my iron supplement about a month ago. At my last checkup my primary care doc said I was anemic and I needed to take an iron supplement every day. It's fun being 73. So I started back on them yesterday.

Old 04-10-18, 06:15 AM
Patriot1

Bikes: (2) 2019 Specialized Roll Sports, 1992 Merlin Road Ti, 1986 Schwinn Peloton, 2 Trek 920’s,

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
RonH, looking forward to seeing a few pics of the Lynskey Helix Pro when you take delivery. Wow!
Old 04-12-18, 03:22 PM
RonH
Life is good

I broke out of the mold today. Rather than driving to the Withlacoochee Trail and riding the trail I rode from home to the trail. Did 6.5 miles of big climbs (big for flat Florida) and one 6% hill from the house to the trail. Then went south on the Withlacoochee Trail to Arlington and then headed home. I enjoy the climbs. Kinda reminds me of the bigger climbs I rode when I lived in ATL.
I think I'll be hitting the north end of the Suncoast trail in a few weeks — 12 miles of even bigger climbs.

Old 04-16-18, 01:42 PM
RonH
Life is good

Another sunny but cool and very windy day along the Withlacoochee Trail. It was a toasty 53F when I got there. Not many other riders out. I passed 3 cyclists in 11 miles. Saw about a dozen as I headed south to the car. I guess everyone was waiting until it got a bit warmer before venturing out. Had a serious head wind as I rode north but a nice tail wind on my way back to the car.

Old 04-25-18, 12:16 PM
RonH
Life is good

Another nice but windy ride from home to the Withlacoochee Trail and north to Holder. Then turned around and headed home. The ride west on the county trail was VERY windy; a ferocious head wind all the way. Did 25.5 miles and now I'm tired. You know what they say.

Climbing makes you strong.
Distance makes you lean.
Intervals make you fast,
but the wind makes you MEAN!!

Old 04-28-18, 10:35 AM
RonH
Life is good

Another great ride today. Rode from the house on the county trail to the Withlacoochee Trail. Then north to the Citrus Springs trailhead. Then a nice ride back home.
Had a slight wind out of the north today. Not a problem like the west wind on my last ride. Rode 27.3 miles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.