Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

KHS True Temper Tandemonia

Search
Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-21, 09:52 AM
Baldrick165

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey guys

I am volunteering at my local mens shed and we are repairing a Tandem. Would anyone know:

How is the serial number made up - something starting in LK what does that mean?

This bike is in really good condition, would anyone know roughly what these things go for? Have looked online and have no idea!

Cheers in advance

Baldrick
Old 04-26-21, 02:53 AM
urbanknight
Over the hill

Bikes: Giant Defy, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 998 Post(s)
Liked 1,206 Times in 692 Posts
Tandemania is just a model name from various years and with various options, so you're going to have to do a little more research. Otherwise it's like asking how much a Ford Mustang is worth. Depends on age, condition, options, etc.
Old 04-26-21, 02:24 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2495 Post(s)
Liked 739 Times in 523 Posts
The above is certainly true, and to that point, the serial number mentioned in the o.p. could certainly go towards answering those questions. As to the "meaning" of the serial number, we can't possibly know. Only KHS (and possibly an 'in the know' enthusiast or dealer) is qualified to explain their numbering convention and that's where I would start my research.