Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Pro Bike Kit

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Pro Bike Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-15, 03:43 PM
colnago62

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 230 Posts
Pro Bike Kit

During Black Friday, PBK had a deal on some Shimano C35 wheels, so I ordered a pair. What a mess it has been. They had some weird issue in the warehouse, so it took almost a week to ship. When they finally ship it out, they did so with the wrong address. I inform them of that fact and they tell me their is nothing they can do about that. Crazy.
Old 12-16-15, 03:47 PM
rmfnla

Bikes: Gilmour road, Curtlo road; both steel (of course)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
I assume you paid with a credit card.

You can contact the card issuer and dispute the charge as goods not received...
Old 12-16-15, 06:33 PM
fa63

Bikes: A couple

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
My shipment from PBK also took forever. When it arrived, the box looked like it had been jumped on by a couple linebackers. The parts somehow seem to have made it through without getting damaged (Shimano Ultegra groupset).
Old 12-16-15, 06:46 PM
FLvector
Stand and Deliver

Bikes: Cannondale R1000, Giant TCR Advanced, Giant TCR Advanced SL

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by colnago62
During Black Friday, PBK had a deal on some Shimano C35 wheels, so I ordered a pair. What a mess it has been. They had some weird issue in the warehouse, so it took almost a week to ship. When they finally ship it out, they did so with the wrong address. I inform them of that fact and they tell me their is nothing they can do about that. Crazy.
Other than some minor delays in customs, I've never had an issue with their shipping. Since the shipping labels are usually generated from the information provided in the order, I'm surprised it was addressed incorrectly. I wonder if it was just delivered to the wrong address, which happens frequently. As mentioned, if you didn't yet receive it, dispute the CC payment. It's easy to do.
Old 12-17-15, 05:54 AM
dvdslw

Bikes: Santa Cruz Stigmata

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 20 Posts
Even with the wrong address you should still be able to contact the shipping company like ups or dhl and explain to them what's going on. They have the power to stop forward progress of the shipping before your wheels end up on some strangers porch. Have you been tracking the shipment? Surely you have a tracking number? Last resort would be to dispute the charges with your credit card company which I hate to say takes time because the seller by law has 30-60 days to respond to the claim and I'm not entirely sure you can dispute charges overseas or if they have to respond.

I just copied this from PBK's website -- Any orders on a Tracked Service should be reported as missing within 7 days of expected delivery date. If your order has not arrived after this time, and you are certain that it isn't with a neighbour or another member of your household, please Contact Us and we will investigate further and arrange a replacement item to be sent.

It is our policy to replace items that are lost in post, this does not affect your statutory rights.

Please note that items must be reported as missing within 40 days of being dispatched to you as we are unable to take any action on your behalf after this time.

Last edited by dvdslw; 12-17-15 at 06:06 AM.
Old 12-17-15, 07:45 AM
StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 2,180 Times in 1,470 Posts
I quit using them years ago for this exact reason plus them increasing prices. They used to have the best prices and the best customer service in the industry. Apparently they decided to grow, increased prices above competitors, and minimize support to customers. The shocker was receiving a catalogue in the mail while other companies expanded web site content!

I don't know if they got different owners but they suddenly seemed to no longer care about individual customers.
Old 12-17-15, 12:14 PM
Shuffleman

Bikes: Colnago CLX,GT Karakoram,Giant Revel, Kona Honk_ Tonk

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FLvector
Other than some minor delays in customs, I've never had an issue with their shipping. Since the shipping labels are usually generated from the information provided in the order, I'm surprised it was addressed incorrectly. I wonder if it was just delivered to the wrong address, which happens frequently. As mentioned, if you didn't yet receive it, dispute the CC payment. It's easy to do.
I have always had good experiences with them as well. I also think that Flvector is correct when it comes to getting the shipping address right. The label is generated from your input. I deal with this all the time at my office. Customers call to complain that they have not received their order and when you check the tickets they typed in the wrong address.
Either way, track the shipment and you should be able to take care of it.
Old 12-17-15, 12:18 PM
rms13

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
I placed one order from them. They sent me the wrong shoes. They sent me the wide version, even though my order was for the non-wide. The shoes actually fit great so I didn't complain. But fact is they still sent me the incorrect item
Old 12-17-15, 12:29 PM
RPK79
Custom User Title

Bikes: Fuji Roubaix Pro & Quintana Roo Kilo

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2863 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 14 Posts
I like PBK. Would order again.
Old 12-17-15, 02:53 PM
colnago62

Originally Posted by Shuffleman
I have always had good experiences with them as well. I also think that Flvector is correct when it comes to getting the shipping address right. The label is generated from your input. I deal with this all the time at my office. Customers call to complain that they have not received their order and when you check the tickets they typed in the wrong address.
Either way, track the shipment and you should be able to take care of it.
The information I put on their website is correct. The information on the shipper's tracking page is not. I don't know who screwed up, but it wasn't me. Unfortunately, the shipping is not a US company. It is postnl International. I can't seem to find a way to contact them. According to their website, if I have a problem I was to contact the sender, PBK. Their position is that there was nothing they could do.
Old 12-17-15, 02:55 PM
RPK79
Custom User Title

The information I put on their website is correct. The information on the shipper's tracking page is not. I don't know who screwed up, but it wasn't me. Unfortunately, the shipping is not a US company. It is postnl International. I can't seem to find a way to contact them. According to their website, if I have a problem I was to contact the sender, PBK. Their position is that there was nothing they could do.
When it hits the states it will change carriers and you should be able to contact them easier.
Old 12-17-15, 03:28 PM
colnago62

Originally Posted by RPK79
When it hits the states it will change carriers and you should be able to contact them easier.
It has hit the states. No word on a carrier.
Old 12-17-15, 03:37 PM
RPK79
Custom User Title

It has hit the states. No word on a carrier.
I just looked at an older tracking number from PBK. Their tracking link after delivered to the US gives me a USPS tracking number.
Old 12-17-15, 03:40 PM
FLvector
Stand and Deliver

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
If local, you could stop by the address it will be shipped to and request notification once item is received. If not local, you could drop a note in the mail requesting the same and offer to pay for shipping.
Old 12-17-15, 07:12 PM
StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 2,180 Times in 1,470 Posts
According to their website, if I have a problem I was to contact the sender, PBK. Their position is that there was nothing they could do.
This isn't right. Of course PBK can do something. The shipper wouldn't say contact the sender if that's the case as well. Shippers cant make changes to an order without the senders direction.
Old 12-17-15, 07:36 PM
colnago62

You guys are right, the postman delivered them. Lucky for me, I have been living here for a million years, so he knew where ro deliver even though the address was incorrect. I must say this was not a pleasant experience. PBK claims their turn around is 24 hours. My experience was not even close. That, on top of the bungled address, is enough for me. I will definitely do research on the next overseas company I do business with. $435.00 for a C35 wheelset is nice.
Old 12-18-15, 06:39 AM
dvdslw

Bikes: Santa Cruz Stigmata

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 20 Posts
$435.00 for a set of C35's? Holy Crap, I'd put up with a lot if I were getting that kind of deal just as long as everything worked out in the end.
Old 12-18-15, 06:56 AM
Lazyass

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 2432 Post(s)
Liked 641 Times in 398 Posts
I bought from PBK many times in the 2000's. When I lived in NJ I would get my stuff within 2-3 days, never had an issue. Sounds like they've gone downhill since then.
Old 12-18-15, 07:38 AM
Bob Dopolina 
Mr. Dopolina

Bikes: KUUPAS, Simpson VR

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 117 Times in 41 Posts
The only one who can change the delivery destination is the original shipper.

Also, if stuff gets caught up in Customs it can disappear from tracking and no-one, and I mean NO-ONE can make it clear Customs any faster.

Old 12-18-15, 07:55 AM
FLvector
Stand and Deliver

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm trying to make a purchase now on PBK and something odd is going on. When I go to check out the shipping options are "Standard" or "Tracked" delivery. The total qualifies for free shipping, but there's no option to select standard delivery. Tracked delivery is preselected and I can't uncheck it. I'm not thrilled with paying an extra $19.99 just to have the item tracked. This never happened before. Might be the time of year? Others who have ordered recently see this too?
Old 12-18-15, 08:48 AM
dr_lha

Bikes: 2016 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross v5, 2015 Ritchey Road Logic, 1998 Specialized Rockhopper, 2017 Raleigh Grand Prix

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by dvdslw
$435.00 for a set of C35's? Holy Crap, I'd put up with a lot if I were getting that kind of deal just as long as everything worked out in the end.
I assume they were these:

Shimano Ultegra RS81 C35 Clincher Wheelset | ProBikeKit.com

rather than Dura Ace C35s which usually cost >$1000?
Old 12-18-15, 09:04 AM
RPK79
Custom User Title

I've only had good experience with PBK and Ribble. Usually faster shipping than Nashbar, too.
Old 12-18-15, 12:12 PM
rmfnla

Bikes: Gilmour road, Curtlo road; both steel (of course)

Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by fa63
My shipment from PBK also took forever. When it arrived, the box looked like it had been jumped on by a couple linebackers. The parts somehow seem to have made it through without getting damaged (Shimano Ultegra groupset).
I would suspect a wheelset would not fare as well under such conditions...
Old 12-18-15, 01:03 PM
Red Tornado

Bikes: Colnago Master Olympic, Masi Gran Criterium, Diamondback Century

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StanSeven
I quit using them years ago for this exact reason plus them increasing prices. They used to have the best prices and the best customer service in the industry. Apparently they decided to grow, increased prices above competitors, and minimize support to customers. The shocker was receiving a catalogue in the mail while other companies expanded web site content!

I don't know if they got different owners but they suddenly seemed to no longer care about individual customers.
Back in the day I used to buy from them quite a bit, but I've heard/read about other's bad experiences and those reports seemed to be increasing for a while. They were always a good source for closeout-priced bibs and various other clothing items. Last time I checked their website, they didn't seem to have near the inventory or attractive pricing they used to. Not sure what's up with them these days....
Price-wise, it seems Ribble may have taken over the "low cost" reigns.

Last edited by Red Tornado; 12-18-15 at 01:12 PM.
Old 12-20-15, 03:58 PM
RedVVing19

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Used to order for PBK, now all my orders go through Ribble. Even thinking about purchasing a Ribble Sportive Bicycle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.