Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Commuter Bicycle Pics

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Commuter Bicycle Pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-09, 11:29 PM
YULitle
n00b-sauce

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse SL 2, Trek 1000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chrism32205

Bike-Ninja!
Old 11-15-09, 01:06 PM
wilsonov7

Bikes: Schwinn MTB and Diamondback Tero

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cannondale R400

Old 11-15-09, 01:14 PM
FreddyV

Bikes: Giant OCR

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by OrangeTeeTee
Cannondale R400

I love these bikes. It's dark blue right? Go with some sweet silverish bartape
Old 11-15-09, 08:55 PM
chrism32205

Bikes: Bianchi Axis (commuter), Specialized Tricross S-Works, BMC Team Machine SLT01, Mercier Kilo TT

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YULitle
Bike-Ninja!
More like light ninja.. my rear light is a PB superflash. The mount is on the rack...cant see it due to my bag. I don't leave the lights on the bike during the day, too tempting to steal when I lock up.

I run a fenix L2D Q5 light up front with a two fish lock block for easy removal.
Old 11-15-09, 11:02 PM
wilsonov7

Bikes: Schwinn MTB and Diamondback Tero

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Got a headlight, bar tape, waterbottle cages, and tweaked the handlebar and stem angle. Nicest bike I've ever had, even if it is like 14 years old.

The headlight is very bright:

Old 11-16-09, 05:43 PM
dcswan

Bikes: '08 Scott SUB 20

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by david1024
Actually, you'd be surprised what pledge can do... (It can't keep dirt out of the chain like a fender can though.) It can keep dirt from sticking... and when it does 'stick' it is easily removed... with pledge on a rag. It is about the only thing I've found that'll keep my spokes and rims clean and shiny, and you get a lemony-fresh scent. (But, I still want at least a front fender for new commuter!)
That thought never crossed my mind, thanks for the idea! I'll have to give it a try once I get my bike back in my household goods shipment from Korea.
Old 11-17-09, 10:49 AM
Allegro

Bikes: The Bullitt, The Clockwork Orange, The commuter and The Fuji

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Winter Commuter

Swapped out the front fork to a Surly for clearance and now some v-brakes upfront and an 18t instead of 16t in the rear, and this thing has been great in the snow and slush so far this year (2 storms).

Old 11-17-09, 02:57 PM
newbeat

Bikes: Surly Crosscheck, Schwinn Traveler, Trek Antelope

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Allegro
Swapped out the front fork to a Surly for clearance and now some v-brakes upfront and an 18t instead of 16t in the rear, and this thing has been great in the snow and slush so far this year (2 storms).

looks very fun to ride. I wish Northern VA got more snow
Old 11-19-09, 03:51 PM
jgrosser

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Supersix Evo; 2013 Soma Smoothie; 2010 Cannondale Supersix; 2008 Cervelo RS; 2008 Surly Long Haul Trucker

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Here's my commuter: Surly Long Haul Trucker, Brooks B-17, Schwalbe Durano tires, Honjo fenders, Dinotte lights front and back, Topeak rack, Shimano SPDs (cleats on one side, platforms on the other).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0422.jpg (99.7 KB, 952 views)
IMG_0424.jpg (96.0 KB, 948 views)
IMG_0427.jpg (48.0 KB, 949 views)

Last edited by jgrosser; 11-19-09 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-19-09, 10:21 PM
clydesdale
230lb Hill Climber

Bikes: Gaint TCR, Rincon/ Batavus/ Nishiki

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is my KNS Solo One SE. I love this bike i have added Chris King Hubs laced to stans arches and chris king headset/ sunline xc one stem/ ESI grips. SLX cranks Avid BB7 disc brakes with Avid speed levers. I am currently running 32x19 as it has been snowing here and the bike path has snow and icy spots. I am also training for a 24hr mtb race so might as well get use to the knobbies. The last pic is her setup for summer and outfitted with the fenders and DIY light sytem. I am so happy with the 29er SS as a commuter as she provides so many options for all conditions. I do have a Nashki Custom Sport but she has been placed on the trainer.

Last edited by clydesdale; 11-19-09 at 11:05 PM.
Old 11-21-09, 01:08 PM
PorscheCritter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My 1972 Schwinn Sprint. Have since replaced brake cables, tuned derailleurs, adjusted brakes, replaced chain, and added Planet Bike Superflash light to the rear. Weighs 38 lbs... Used in a few 'cross races as well. Aside from snapping its brake cables at high speed and breaking 2 chains it has been reliable...

Old 11-22-09, 11:54 PM
Deshi

Bikes: 1990 Waterford Paramount, 1986 Pinarello Pista 195? Raleigh 3sp, 2001 Surly 1x1, 2014 Canfield N9, 2015 Canfield Balance, 2013 Rocky Mtn Flatline, 2012 Intense SS2, 2014 Transition Klunker, + more!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok, i'm new here in the commuter section and though I should stop in and say hi and show you guys my sorry excuse for a commuter bike. LOL. I dont commute alot right now cause I life a long way from work and its winter in Colorado and i'm a wuss. I do not have a complete up to date pic right now but will get one soon.

The bike is setup fixed and has no brakes on it right now. Im trying to work around my expensive 35c studded tires, brakes, and fenders. Trying to find something to work but dont think im gonna have any luck. Any way. Here she is in all her glory. Try not to laugh to hard.

Old 11-22-09, 11:56 PM
Deshi

Bikes: 1990 Waterford Paramount, 1986 Pinarello Pista 195? Raleigh 3sp, 2001 Surly 1x1, 2014 Canfield N9, 2015 Canfield Balance, 2013 Rocky Mtn Flatline, 2012 Intense SS2, 2014 Transition Klunker, + more!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here is my sorry excuse for a commuter. I am in the process of working on trying to fit some fenders in there with my brakes and 35c tires. Not workin to well. Ill get an updated pic to you soon. Iv got my lights and whatnot on there now.

Old 11-23-09, 12:15 AM
irclean
Born Again Pagan

Bikes: Schwinn hybrid, Raleigh MTB

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Deshi
Here is my sorry excuse for a commuter. I am in the process of working on trying to fit some fenders in there with my brakes and 35c tires. Not workin to well. Ill get an updated pic to you soon. Iv got my lights and whatnot on there now.

I think it's hardly a "sorry excuse." It's a nice bike with tons of potential. Soma Fabrications makes some nice Euro Trip fenders that are 37mm wide and just might fit your bike.

Last edited by irclean; 11-23-09 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Added link
Old 11-23-09, 06:37 AM
chipcom 
Infamous Member

Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, Fuji World, 80ish Bianchi

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
After 4 years, a couple of multi-week tours, dozens of multi-day tours and countless commuting miles, it was time for my girl, the Fuji World, to get a makeover. I replaced original carbon 'touring' fork with a cromo disc fork, replaced the front shorty 4's (which I always hated) with an Avid BB7 disc brake, replaced the stock wheels with Velocity Deep Vs with new Conti Top Contacts, replaced the bar-cons with brifters and replaced the chain. When Tektro cantis are back in stock I'll probably replace the rear Shorties too.

"Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey
Old 11-23-09, 08:10 AM
clydesdale
230lb Hill Climber

Bikes: Gaint TCR, Rincon/ Batavus/ Nishiki

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is my KNS Solo One SE. I love this bike i have added Chris King Hubs laced to stans arches and chris king headset/ sunline xc one stem/ ESI grips. SLX cranks Avid BB7 disc brakes with Avid speed levers. I am currently running 32x19 as it has been snowing here and the bike path has snow and icy spots. I am also training for a 24hr mtb race so might as well get use to the knobbies. The last pic is her setup for summer and outfitted with the fenders and DIY light sytem. I am so happy with the 29er SS as a commuter as she provides so many options for all conditions. I do have a Nashki Custom Sport but she has been placed on the trainer.
Old 11-23-09, 11:25 AM
Grim

Bikes: Cannondale T700s and a few others

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by irclean
I think it's hardly a "sorry excuse." It's a nice bike with tons of potential. Soma Fabrications makes some nice Euro Trip fenders that are 37mm wide and just might fit your bike.
I have a 77 Super LeTour 12.2. Great riding bikes. Nothing to apologize for on higher end Schwinns. That bike would hold its own against anything Europe had to offer in its price range.
Old 11-23-09, 01:43 PM
Deshi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Iv got 35c Nokian studded tires on it right now that the factory over mold, the little pieces of rubber that hang off a new tires, rubs on the bottom of the fork crown. In otherwords there is no room in the front for a fender to protrude out the front of the fork. Ill have to cut my fender off to stop at the back of the fork crown. Ther rear is not much of an issue minus the fact the brakes do not have a lot of clearance in them. I might look into some different brakes. I spent to much on the tires to just ditch them right now. My next set will probably be a little narrower.

I dont know what year this bike is. It was given to me a few months back so I did something with it. I am running fixed on it for simplicity sakes. I ride a Pinarello Pista all summer long so fixed is nothing new to me. Iv also hear that fixed is a really safe bet in bad weather conditions.

This is my first winter commuting and im not doing it to much for the fact I live a long way from work and im a wuss in the colorado cold. LOL.

Last edited by Deshi; 11-24-09 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11-23-09, 04:15 PM
irclean
Born Again Pagan

Bikes: Schwinn hybrid, Raleigh MTB

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Iv got 35c Nokian studded tires on it right now that the factory over mold, the little pieces of rubber that hang off a new tires, rubs on the bottom of the fork crown. In otherwords there is no room in the front for a fender to protrude out the front of the fork. Ill have to cut my fender off to stop at the back of the fork crown. Ther rear is not much of an issue minus the fact the brakes do not have a lot of clearance in them. I might look into some different brakes. I spent to much on the tires to just ditch them right now. My next set will probably be a little narrower.
Check out this thread for an idea on how to solve your fender clearance problem. Looks to me like it just might work for you.
Old 11-23-09, 05:03 PM
Deshi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by irclean
Check out this thread for an idea on how to solve your fender clearance problem. Looks to me like it just might work for you.
Thats a good idea. Ill have to get some pics of the clearance's and see what you guys think. I dont see anything working just cause the tires are to big for the frame. There is no room for mug and snow shedding as it is. I bought the wrong size tires in the beginning but cant afford to thrown down for another set of studded tires. Those things are expensive. I might just have to run clip on fenders till these tires wear out then move to full fenders.
Old 11-24-09, 11:21 AM
wunderkind
Pro Paper Plane Pilot

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
That;s so cool, your bicycle colours is similar to that Subaru WRC car! Hehehehe bit of a rally geek myself in the past. All you need are some 555 and SWRT stickers and u're set! Heck paint those spokes gold too!
Old 11-24-09, 12:02 PM
Doohickie
You gonna eat that?

Bikes: 1966 Raleigh DL-1 Tourist, 1973 Schwinn Varsity, 1983 Raleigh Marathon, 1994 Nishiki Sport XRS

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 44 Posts
My commuter, during yesterday's foggy morning commute

1994 Nishiki Sport XRS

Originally Posted by bragi "However, it's never a good idea to overgeneralize."
Old 11-24-09, 12:38 PM
Deshi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wunderkind
That;s so cool, your bicycle colours is similar to that Subaru WRC car! Hehehehe bit of a rally geek myself in the past. All you need are some 555 and SWRT stickers and u're set! Heck paint those spokes gold too!
The bike is actually brighter in person. Quite a bit brighter than World Rally Blue. I am a rally geek from hell. LOL. I am more into the hill climbs though. I go to watch Pikes Peak International Hill Climb every year. I want to check out a few more of the Colorado hill climbs. Im thinking of trying my hand at them soon. I drive a WRX now but cant risk destroying my only car so I gotta find something else to start building.
Old 11-24-09, 01:53 PM
Andy_K 

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 525 Post(s)
Quoted: 3230 Post(s)
Liked 3,869 Times in 1,439 Posts
So, in theory at least, I've been building my Interstate Blue Surly Cross Check for nearly two months now, mostly waiting -- waiting for the frame to be shipped, waiting for parts to come in, waiting for the powder coating to be done, waiting for the headset to be installed, etc. I'm still waiting for a 175m solid axle to get here.

In the meantime, I decided to throw some spare wheels on with spacers on the freehub so I could actually ride the thing. As of this morning, it's officially a commuter.

For today at least, I used some 29x1.6 Continental Town Rides I had hanging around. After just 11 miles, I'm liking this a lot.
Old 11-24-09, 01:58 PM
wunderkind
Pro Paper Plane Pilot

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
The bike is actually brighter in person. Quite a bit brighter than World Rally Blue. I am a rally geek from hell. LOL. I am more into the hill climbs though. I go to watch Pikes Peak International Hill Climb every year. I want to check out a few more of the Colorado hill climbs. Im thinking of trying my hand at them soon. I drive a WRX now but cant risk destroying my only car so I gotta find something else to start building.
I used to participate in some TSD rallies when I had my old 2.5RS coupe. We also have a Saabaru (WRX) stage II which is a family car. Use to haul bicycles around. SPEED Channel used to have lots of WRC episodes. Sadly it's just NASCAR these days. So instead of watching rally cars tearing it up, I'm just watching guys in spandex pelotons. hahaha....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.