Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

watch chain wear it can suck up your battery.

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-20, 10:36 AM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 948 Times in 555 Posts

I think I checked my chain on my Bosch powered bike at about 1000 miles (new bike I have only had it since late nov) checked it again at 1300 miles as the chain as came off the chain ring several times. man too much wear I sound have checked it a few weeks ago I guess. but I see a lot less battery drain. I wont know till the ride home but it looks like 2 to 3 miles more this morning then has been usual lately. usually when I get home i am on the last battery bar with 2 to 6 miles left on the estimate. but last night after the new chain when my battery was charging it was on the second bar. so it really makes a difference to have a non worn chain. I clean and lube the chain every week but the last couple weeks have had a lot of rain rides. Plus with my lack of energy I am in max assist most of the time though I have been able to drop it down on the flats.
Old 02-06-20, 09:03 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 948 Times in 555 Posts
so in my unscientific observation. usually my bike would show 3 miles left or so and be on 1 bar when I finished my daily commute. today I hit two bars a mile from home and showed 8 miles left. I had not noticed the bike not feeling as smooth as it did then I got it. back to a great ride again.