Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

New Member Colorado

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

New Member Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-20, 06:06 PM
reviewkangaroo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New Member Colorado

Hello, I am a new member to the site. I'm trying to get involved in the bicycle community in Colorado. There bicycling community in the state has seemed to be strong for years. I have happened upon some VoltaCycle electric bikes and am looking to see how the market is adapting to the relatively new technology.

With many modes of transportation, from cars to scooters to bikes, embracing the electric power, the bicycle offers the unique advantage of being able to recharge the battery while users pedal the bike. The VoltaCycle allows riders three modes of assist; from full power, pedal assist, and manual operation.

What are your thoughts on electric bicycles emerging in the market in Colorado?

I've had various feedback ranging from "this is for an older demographic" to "this is a new technology that a younger generation will see as tomorrow's everyday commuter."

Thanks! My name is Beau and I look forward to what I can discover in this community.
Old 02-09-20, 04:14 AM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked 1,436 Times in 818 Posts
A couple of local LBS tell me that expectations for E-bike sales is high this year. At this, I do not see myself ever owning one, but I do not have anything against them. If that is what you need or want, go for it. Be safe!
Old 02-09-20, 10:06 AM
reviewkangaroo

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by delbiker1
A couple of local LBS tell me that expectations for E-bike sales is high this year. At this, I do not see myself ever owning one, but I do not have anything against them. If that is what you need or want, go for it. Be safe!
Thanks for the reply. What is LBS?

Also, even though you do not own an electric bike, you say that you wouldn't own one. I'm curious, what demographic do you think the ebike will have the greatest impact? An older individual who wants some more ease in biking? Maybe a younger rider who is embracing technology? Or someone else?

Does the price point of around $2k keep people away? Or do you think they might see the value in the product?
Old 02-09-20, 01:56 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked 1,436 Times in 818 Posts
Originally Posted by reviewkangaroo
Thanks for the reply. What is LBS?

Also, even though you do not own an electric bike, you say that you wouldn't own one. I'm curious, what demographic do you think the ebike will have the greatest impact? An older individual who wants some more ease in biking? Maybe a younger rider who is embracing technology? Or someone else?

Does the price point of around $2k keep people away? Or do you think they might see the value in the product?
LBS = Local Bike Shop. I did not say I would not own one. I did say I do not see myself ever owning one. If I get to a point, for whatever reason, that and an e-bike would be the best way to keep me biking, I maybe would do that. I love both the physical and mental aspect of bicycling. I do not think the mental part would be as beneficial for me without the physical part. That is just me, my thoughts and opinion.

I believe there are quite a few factors regarding increasing e-bike sales, with the cost factor certainly one of them. In my thinking, the improved technology in the batteries, the longevity of the battery power before needing charging, is maybe the biggest factor affecting the increase in sales right now. I also think that getting all age groups to accept e-bikes is the best short term answer for sales, with getting young people to believe that they are a viable, affordable mode of filling everyday transportation needs, being critical to the long term outlook and sales of e-bikes. With the way our infrastructure is set up, the marketing and lobbying power of the automobile and fuel industry, and the mindset of most people today, that is going to take a lot of time and effort, and at no small cost.
Old 02-26-20, 02:05 AM
swells95126

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome! I also lived in CO a year in a half while I was in the ARMY Fort Carson. How goes it?
Old 02-26-20, 11:55 AM
hammib

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome!