Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from Reading, UK

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hello from Reading, UK

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-20, 04:23 AM
Monzeglio

Bikes: Ritchey Logic, Eddie Koepler Espoir, 1982 Raleigh Superbe

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Hello from Reading, UK

I'm a long-time rider of road bikes for commuting to the train station, riding into town or to the pub mostly on an old 70s 531 Dawes Galaxy and a Lemond Alpe D'Huez - but only in the last couple of years have I really discovered proper riding for fun with the handy side-effects of improved fitness, a little weight loss and a lot of wellbeing!
In my late 50s, after two knee ops, a desire to cycle longer distances wasn't really on my radar but in September 2018 my wise friend Rich encouraged me to resurrect the old Lemond and after a hesitant start and a bit of trepidation, all is good with the old joints, in fact they're better than they have been for years.
I'm now riding a Ritchey Logic and join in on local club rides but I've also picked up a vintage early-80s Eddie Koepler bike built with Reynolds SMS tubes and Shimano 600 Arabesque groupset which is proving to be speedy and good fun, and I'm interested in a project, possibly an old Italian so I can tinker with some Campagnolo bits. I'm looking forward to sharing some of my experiences and hoping to receive some wisdom in return.
Old 10-22-20, 09:15 AM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 318 Posts
Welcome!
Old 10-25-20, 10:53 AM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 2,180 Times in 1,183 Posts
monzeglio,
Glad to have you join us on the forum.... it's great to hear that your riding regime has helped your joints....exercise as you have found keeps things moving!
Arabesque is a really nice looking groupset and has a good following.
Welcome, Best, Ben
Old 10-27-20, 04:45 PM
Monzeglio

Bikes: Ritchey Logic, Eddie Koepler Espoir, 1982 Raleigh Superbe

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Thanks, Ben. There’s a lot of fun to be had riding and owning a classic bike and often some challenges to help keep you on your toes - but that’s why we’re all here, I guess!