Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

Saddles and Pedals Please.....

Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-06, 12:16 PM
dbattan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Can I have some recommendations for saddles and pedals for my medium-to-high spec cyclocross/commuter bike build... Thanks.
Old 09-05-06, 02:42 PM
jfmckenna
Tiocfáidh ár Lá

Bikes: A whole bunch-a bikes.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 462 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 76 Posts
It's a very personal question especially for the saddle. Personally I like Brooks all leather saddles. On my cross bike I have a plastic/pleather saddle because I wouldn't want to ruin a nice Brooks racing. Pedels I use SPD. Lots like the Eggbeaters. For commuting I'd be tempted to just use clips and strap type pedals so you can wear any shoe you want. Otherwise the two I previously mensioned are good as you can wear a mountain type shoe so that you can easily walk around in them.
Old 09-05-06, 03:06 PM
CaptMatt15
Double Secret Member

Bikes: 2004 Gary Fisher Marlin, 2007 Redline Conquest

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've got Crank Bros Candys on both my bikes (Redline Conquest and Fisher Marlin HT, which i've both used for commuting), i love them and they do alright for pedaling around in normal shoes/Chacos too

Saddle wise, i've got a Speed V on my mtn bike which i love, and im debating putting a lighter/smaller WTB seat on my Conquest (currently the stock seat is on there) - the "Love Channel" as its called is wonderful for the personal areas
Old 09-05-06, 03:27 PM
velocipedio
human

Bikes: 2005 Litespeed Teramo, 2000 Marinoni Leggero, 2001 Kona Major Jake (with Campy Centaur), 1997 Specialized S-Works M2, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have a Fizik Arione that came off my road bike, because I have it and might as well use it. The good is that it's a fairly flat saddle, which I like a whole lot more than the cambered Fizik Pave that I used to have.

For pedals, I use Time ATAC. I'll get candies when I trash the bearings, but they work for now.

The Irregular Cycling Club of Montreal
Cycling irregularly since 2002
Old 09-05-06, 07:58 PM
Ronsonic 

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 41 Posts
Specialized BG comp saddle. Fits perfectly. Standard Shimano SPDs, I think 747 or some such. One of them once released a little slow after running in 10" deep mud with a layer of bark mulch over it. Otherwise perfect.

Ron
Old 09-05-06, 08:24 PM
bitterken

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sella Italia Flite saddle and Eggbeaters...works for me.
Old 09-06-06, 06:25 AM
BikeInMN
Dude who rides bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
crank brothers egg beaters or candy pedals are what i've been using for a few years. both seem to work just fine.
as others have already said the saddle is a very personal choice. i've used a bunch of them on my cx'er including the arione, gobi, flites and a wtb road saddle. all have done the job but i prefer the flatter models for cx... not really sure why though.