Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Headlights

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-09, 09:50 PM
stringbreaker
stringbreaker

Bikes: specialized crossroads hybrid 2006 Raleigh Cadent 2 1971 Schwinn Varsity, 1972 Schwinn Continental, 1977 Schwinn Volare (frame)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Headlights

Man I pass a guy going the opposite direction from me about 3 times a week and he has a double headlight set up that will sear your retinas. I'm gonna have to turn around sometime and ask him what they are. Hopefully he won't think I'm trying to rob him or anything but man those things are really bright. I thought my 15 watt nite rider was bright, shoot its a candle compared to these things he has.
Old 09-02-09, 10:45 PM
jeffpoulin

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Last fall, I switched from my old 15W halogen to a Dinotte 800L. After riding a few weeks, a motorcyclist pulled up next to me at a red light and asked what kind of light I had. He said he was impressed with how powerful it was. Never got that reaction with my halogen light.
Old 09-02-09, 11:10 PM
Sailguy
Bring It!

Bikes: Torelli - Trek 520 - GT - and some old Schwinn Thing

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It could be the NiteRider Mini Newt Dual XL. I have those. I often get motorists commenting on it during the day on how they saw it from a mile or so away. Other riders often comment going the other way.
Old 09-03-09, 05:40 AM
reueladhikari

Bikes: Cross Check with Rohloff hub

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
These are also dual headlights that are blindingly bright: https://www.ayup-lights.com/