Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

The Cult of CAAD...

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

The Cult of CAAD...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-14, 10:09 PM
Team Sarcasm

Bikes: One with square wheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
we have external routing. buy it and res;; it
Old 08-15-14, 10:59 PM
lgp927

Bikes: Planet X Full carbon track bike , Bianchi Pista, Unknown LV1 X 2, Sole' De Lano, Retrospect.

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Team Sarcasm
we have external routing. buy it and res;; it
So I was looking at the frame and it seems that the clips that hold the cables in the down tube and chain stay might come off and expose holes for routing, there's also an actual hole in the back of the seat tube see where I have that stick pointing to it.also it has that integrated sticker on the top tube. Or am I grasping ? Check out the pics .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (81.0 KB, 96 views)
image.jpg (70.4 KB, 89 views)
image.jpg (95.4 KB, 90 views)
image.jpg (94.8 KB, 88 views)
image.jpg (75.1 KB, 87 views)
Old 08-15-14, 11:10 PM
Team Sarcasm

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
isnt the rear brake internal but thats it?
Old 08-15-14, 11:11 PM
Team Sarcasm

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bunch up a housing and see it there is a screw under the cable housing.
Old 08-16-14, 07:22 AM
lgp927

Bikes: Planet X Full carbon track bike , Bianchi Pista, Unknown LV1 X 2, Sole' De Lano, Retrospect.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm just wondering if those clips are glued on, or if they have holes behind them ? Of theu have holes behind them I'm sure I can make it work as an internal,if not I might just sell or trade for another SRAM red
Old 08-16-14, 11:52 AM
II Holland II

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am about to by a Cannondale bike but I am torn on what bike to get. At the moment I am going back and forth between two bikes. My LBS has a 2013 CAAD 10 Black INC for 2500$ and a 2015 EVO 3 for 3000$

I will be using this bike for group rides long and short,possibly some races and duathalons, everyday training. I am looking for a good all round bike.

I know this is a CAAD thread but can anyone tell me what they think of both bikes and which one I should lean towards?
Old 08-16-14, 01:25 PM
freedomrider1

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That seems like a very good price on the Caad.
Old 08-16-14, 09:46 PM
jtwilson

Bikes: CAAD10

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Probably the last good shot of this uberCAAD. Moving to a different frame in about a month.

Old 08-16-14, 10:38 PM
Team Sarcasm

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by II Holland II
I am about to by a Cannondale bike but I am torn on what bike to get. At the moment I am going back and forth between two bikes. My LBS has a 2013 CAAD 10 Black INC for 2500$ and a 2015 EVO 3 for 3000$

I will be using this bike for group rides long and short,possibly some races and duathalons, everyday training. I am looking for a good all round bike.

I know this is a CAAD thread but can anyone tell me what they think of both bikes and which one I should lean towards?
The evo will have more potential in the weight weenie category but the caad is a better deal I think. what is the msrp on the evo?
Old 08-16-14, 10:59 PM
loimpact

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Supersix Evo 3; 2014 Cannondale Quick 4; 2014 Cannondale Crash 4 hi-mod

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jtwilson
Probably the last good shot of this uberCAAD. Moving to a different frame in about a month.

NOOOOooooooOOOOOoooooOOOOoooooooo!!!!

What are you going to next??? And what are you doing with the uberCAAD?
Old 08-16-14, 11:05 PM
loimpact

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Supersix Evo 3; 2014 Cannondale Quick 4; 2014 Cannondale Crash 4 hi-mod

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Team Sarcasm
The evo will have more potential in the weight weenie category but the caad is a better deal I think. what is the msrp on the evo?
The EVO 3 should be right around $3K msrp. But that CAAD 10 Black Inc should've been about $4K msrp new so definitely the waaaaay better deal at $2,500.

Here's another possible clincher for the Black Inc. If it's truly a 2013 it should have Di2!!! (Ya, it's 10 spd but who cares.) The 2014 would be SRAM Red and I'd definitely take Di2 over Red.

Check it out & if it looks unabused, I'd go for the Black Inc!
Old 08-16-14, 11:10 PM
Team Sarcasm

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
speaking of electric components, think wireless electric will need special frames? or just a normal caad will work?
Old 08-16-14, 11:43 PM
jtwilson

Bikes: CAAD10

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by loimpact
NOOOOooooooOOOOOoooooOOOOoooooooo!!!!

What are you going to next??? And what are you doing with the uberCAAD?
I know, I know! It seems utterly idiotic. I would be happy riding a CAAD10 the rest of my life.

I am switching to a locally-fabricated frame of Columbus Life tubing. Adam Eldridge of Stanridge Speed [full custom top shelf filet brazed works art] started a new brand, Wraith Fabrication, to produce off-the-peg TIG-welded frames from Life tubing with a utilitarian finish at a pricepoint competitive with a CAAD10 frameset (although a tad priceier now with an ENVE fork spec'd). I am too stoked on this concept not to be riding one and representing the efforts of our local bicycle artisan guru.

Right now I'm riding the express train to "hood rich bike bum", and need to minimize my bike footprint while offsetting the costs of a new build. Sadly this means putting the uberCAAD frame and crankset out to pasture on the free market. Tears will be shed. The groupset, wheels and some other bits will be swapped over to the Wraith.
Old 08-17-14, 08:05 AM
THSdrummer

Bikes: '12 CAAD10 3, '88 Raleigh Talon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
@jtwilson: I believe I follow the gentleman you're talking about on Instagram. He does wonderful work. At first I was upset you'd sell the uberCAAD, but now that I know what it's for, I respect your decision. I didn't know his pricing was that low. That's encouraging!
Old 08-17-14, 08:30 AM
II Holland II

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by loimpact
The EVO 3 should be right around $3K msrp. But that CAAD 10 Black Inc should've been about $4K msrp new so definitely the waaaaay better deal at $2,500.

Here's another possible clincher for the Black Inc. If it's truly a 2013 it should have Di2!!! (Ya, it's 10 spd but who cares.) The 2014 would be SRAM Red and I'd definitely take Di2 over Red.

Check it out & if it looks unabused, I'd go for the Black Inc!
I forgot to mention that the Black inc has no wheels at that price which is fine because I was going to put my Fulcrum 3's on it anyways.

Ya it does have Di2. The bike has been used to showcase the Di2 on a stand for months with no pedals at this bike shop. The chain and cassette are not shiny new as I would of hoped but I was told that it had no outdoor demos as of yet and that a new chain would be thrown in if it was an issue. I am going to take it out for a test ride in the next couple of days. Does it take awhile to fall in love with the Di2 system or will I need a couple of long rides to get a feel if its a fit for me or not?

At the moment I think I would rather spend money on a better frame (not saying the EVO is but if it is I would lean that way) as well as the better crank (Hologram) which is on the new Evo.(. Unfortunately I will not be able to test ride a EVO as they are all out of stock at the moment.

Thanks for the insight from everyone who has posted so far.

Last edited by II Holland II; 08-17-14 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-17-14, 10:03 AM
loimpact

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by II Holland II
I forgot to mention that the Black inc has no wheels at that price which is fine because I was going to put my Fulcrum 3's on it anyways.

Ya it does have Di2. The bike has been used to showcase the Di2 on a stand for months with no pedals at this bike shop. The chain and cassette are not shiny new as I would of hoped but I was told that it had no outdoor demos as of yet and that a new chain would be thrown in if it was an issue. I am going to take it out for a test ride in the next couple of days. Does it take awhile to fall in love with the Di2 system or will I need a couple of long rides to get a feel if its a fit for me or not?

At the moment I think I would rather spend money on a better frame (not saying the EVO is but if it is I would lean that way) as well as the better crank (Hologram) which is on the new Evo.(. Unfortunately I will not be able to test ride a EVO as they are all out of stock at the moment.

Thanks for the insight from everyone who has posted so far.
Ahh, ok, that at least it makes a little sense. The $,2500 price tag was pretty dang cheap!! I wouldn't worry about the "shiny" part. That's easily had w/ some mineral spirits or WD40. (I'd want to do that anyway)

As for the Di2, I can only speak w/ experience cuz I've been riding the last week on Specialized demo 2015 bikes. It's very cool. It's precise....every time! When people I tell about it, roll eyes at it, I say that I certainly wouldn't "buy" it but I would certainly not kick it out of bed!

The levers only move about 1/4", not "inches" like regular brifters. I consider it more like "mouse clicks". But up/down and, my favorite, chain-ring shifts are just effortless. Plus, as you approach a light on a hard stop, you simply hold the button/brifter down and it just makes multiple, simultaneous hops down the cog until you let go. (nice, indeed!)

Lastly, as for EVO vs CAAD, I honestly haven't ridden an aluminum frame but I have a Quick which is alu/carbon-fork and I can honestly say I feel a difference in absorption but moreso in frame-design! Frames made in the last few years (say, post-2010) are significantly more flexible and absorb shock like I just can't believe. I have said a million times here, that Spec/C'dale don't even need Roubaix/Synapse anymore. The Tarmac/SSevo frames are cush enough already.

That said......I know CAAD owners often say their frames, too, are quite comfortable and I wouldn't say that a CAAD wouldn't have suited me just as well. I'll go thru my PM's but I think I PM'd someone who owned both before. If so, I'll see if I can get them to chime in!

You really can't go wrong either way, though if you go the 2015 evo route, I'd either get them to knock a few bucks off or shop elsewhere because, again, $3K is msrp & you can pay that anywhere.
Old 08-17-14, 07:40 PM
Monkey D.Luffy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi caadies. I just wanted some opinion on a bike that I have been looking at. It is an used, 2013 caad 10 2 (force) that has fulcrum 3.5 wheelset instead of the stock, a 3t ergo bar, and a 3t stem. It looks to be used but in relatively good condition and I am just wondering what would a cheap/fair price would be for it? Just assume a few hundred miles of normal riding with no issues for the sake of the question.
Old 08-17-14, 07:57 PM
prorobo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey everyone, I started a thread on this but figured I'd also ask the die hard Caad folk as well. I'm in the market for a Caad 10-5 and a LBS has one for $1,399 plus tax and would include a co2 air kit, one tube, tire irons, and a cage/bottle. Is that a fair price with the accessories? What about without? Would a cash offer of a bit less be reasonable? I'm ready to join the cult of Caad!
Old 08-18-14, 09:33 AM
TCaad10

Bikes: Caad 10 3 2014 Ultegra

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi guys,

after reading more than 8.000 posts the last three days I am quite exhausted, but I simply couldnīt stop reading. I finally decided to register and show you my 2014 Caad 10 3 Ultegra, bought two Months ago. I love the colour, and today I got her back from my LBS with the following changes:

Wheelset: Mavic Ksyrium SLR 125years LTD 11-32 Ultegra (for long distance races in the alps )
Seatpost: Syntace P6 Carbon
Handlebar: Syntace Racelite 2 CDR
Bartape: Lizard skins 2.5 DSP

Next things to follow are Praxis works chainrings and an ax lightness Endurance Plus saddle.

The bike rides like a dream, not everybody will like the colour tho

I love it, especially with the yellow in the wheelset, but thatīs just me

I enjoyed watching the pictures of all your awesome projects.

Greetings from Germany,

T.
Attached Images
IMAG0095_1.jpg (103.6 KB, 269 views)
IMAG0256.jpg (105.0 KB, 259 views)
Old 08-18-14, 04:55 PM
longbeachgary

Bikes: Eddy Merckx San Remo 76, Eddy Merckx San Remo 76 - Black Silver and Red, Eddy Merckx Sallanches 64 (2); Eddy Merckx MXL;

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Love the color. Enjoy
Old 08-19-14, 01:49 AM
Team Sarcasm

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbnail Gallery Photos | Cyclingnews.com

more 2015 stuff
Old 08-19-14, 07:19 AM
PimpMyBike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This interesting read will probably be the best $15 investment that saves me lots of $$ on CAAD future upgrades.

Bike weight and the myth of 'fast' bikes - VeloNews.com

Comments?
Old 08-19-14, 09:27 AM
Leinster

Bikes: MBK Super Mirage 1991, CAAD10, Yuba Mundo Lux, and a Cannondale Criterium Single Speed

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 297 Times in 207 Posts
Originally Posted by PimpMyBike
This interesting read will probably be the best $15 investment that saves me lots of $$ on CAAD future upgrades.

Comments?
There's already a whole thread on that article here; https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycli...ast-bikes.html
Old 08-19-14, 09:35 AM
TCaad10

Bikes: Caad 10 3 2014 Ultegra

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Comments?
I think I would prefer some titan screws for 15$ 

The whole discussion aero vs weight is nothing new I think. But a light bike makes you feel faster and it's a lot of fun to give your bike a personal touch. It might all be correct what he is writing, but I really don't care about those calculations. I love my Caad and I absolutely love to give her some updates.

And it is much easier to lift my bike into the car 

T.
Old 08-19-14, 09:41 AM
bianchi10
King Hoternot

Bikes: 2015 Cannondale Evo Hi mod

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Comments?
This is my opinion to your comment, not so much the article...

That article is well done and all is true. BUT, not everyone upgrades their equipment to make them .08 seconds faster though. Some people like to upgrade simply for the reason of making their bike unique. We are all guilty of upgrading a piece when it comes time to replace. "My 42 inch TV went out so I went out and got a new 55 inch." "Refrigerator went out so I finally took the plunge to get that new style. It holds this much more, it keeps my carrots that much colder." Fact is, as humans, we tend to want bigger and bader'ass things.

I started upgrading my bike with things that broke or wore down. Eventually I became hooked with replacing things because I wanted to. Am I faster now than I was before I ever started upgrading my wheels and tires and bars and seat post...yes. I am faster because those items keep me excited about riding. I will say and agree that JUST getting new wheels or a lighter frame won't always make you faster. It is certainly not needed, but since when do we only get things we need?

Again, great article and reminder that upgrades and super light weight parts won't be the factor that qualifies you for the next TDF, but who doesn't like having nice things. I don't think that article is going to save anyone on this forum from spending their hard earned money on things that won't make us faster.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.