Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

has anyone had any experience with Velostarusa.com?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-14, 07:54 PM
Mondo734

Bikes: 2012 Specialized Crux, Schwinn Mesa

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I found some shimano tourney brifters that I want to buy and they have them cheaper than an other place I have found. Problem is I haven't every heard of them or used them. What experiences have you guys had with them?
Old 05-06-14, 11:54 AM
dh024

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Mixed experiences so far. What drew me in where their reasonable prices and free shipping to Canada -- almost too good to be true.

I placed two orders with them: the first was a small order that was received and shipped very quickly, but the second lagged for a while, and then I got a reply saying that the item was out of stock (not what the website said), and asked me to substitute another item. I checked my Visa bill, and I see they billed me for the item (not cool), and I have been trying to chase down a refund ever since (that was about three weeks ago).

Processing credit card orders before an item is filled, and then being slow to refund unfilled orders is a pretty typical symptom of a company struggling financially. Perhaps that's not the case here, but I don't think I will have the courage to order anything from them again.
Old 10-27-14, 08:59 AM
macGuy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Chicago Better Business Bureau rating is not good:

Velostar Business Review in Chicago, IL - Chicago and Northern Illinois BBB