Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Phone mount

Old 05-23-19, 02:09 PM
darktardis

Bikes: Trek xcaliber 9, Schwinn Premis, Mongoose Switchback

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Phone mount

Does anyone have suggestions for a lock on phone mount. I'm looking for something similar to the lifeproof twist on style, but something that may come in a kit for multiple bikes. I need three bases and am hoping to not have to buy three individual base kits. Thanks.
Old 05-24-19, 01:41 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Quad Lock and extra mounts are probably your best bet. That's what most of my friends use.

Everyone I know tried other mounts and switched to Quad Lock. Probably a good reason why.

I cheaped out and got a discontinued older model Delta mount for my old iPhone 4s. Worked fine, a great value for less than $5 because it was old stock. It's a bit bulky but the tough plastic frame protects the phone better.

But I used it for only a year. Too much clutter, between the phone mount, headlight and video camera. The video camera is more important (traffic safety).

So the phone is in my pocket now. If I need to take a call, return a text or check the map, I pull over and stop.

I did add a small bike computer to the handlebar, which is much smaller and lighter than the phone and does what I need. I mostly use it to check my real time speed and total distance. The phone apps record the activities.
Old 05-31-19, 02:12 PM
khoelsema

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I would recommend Quad Lock as well.
Old 05-31-19, 02:32 PM
darktardis

Bikes: Trek xcaliber 9, Schwinn Premis, Mongoose Switchback

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I've been looking at that one, and it does look nice. My issue is I'm trying to get it for all three of my bikes and I'm hoping to not have to drop 100 bucks on it. I'm on a bit of a low budget. I noticed the iOttie bike mount, it's a bit cheaper and I could get three sets for the price of one quad lock. anybody have any experience with this mount?