Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

'05 Cannondale R1000 vs '04 Fuji Professional????

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-05, 01:44 PM
kendelo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looking at the 2005 Cannondale R1000 with full Ultegra 10 for $1,850 or the 2004 Fuji Professional with Dura Ace for $2,050. Any suggestions. Mainly will use for long solo rides, club rides, and long group rides with mostly flat/rolling hills with an occassional climb. Both of these bikes are within my budget and are similar. I'm not as familiar with Fuji as I am with Cannondale. Any suggestions or experiences? Thanks!
Old 02-12-05, 01:47 PM
Brett 12
Look at these hotties.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
They both have good frames (slight nod to cannodale). I actually thought about getting a Fuji Professional frame....seem fairly priced on Ebay compared to the CAAD series.

Ultegra 10 vs DA 10....?

It all boils down to the wheelset in my opinion. I think the Cannondale gives you a Gipemme wheelset.....don't know anything about those.
Old 02-12-05, 02:10 PM
oneradtec
Coastal NC

Bikes: 2004 Trek 5200 w/ Ultegra

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have heard that those Gepiemme wheels are pretty good(no personal experience though). Also..that Ultegra 10 is more grouppo than you will ever need. I'll take the Cannondale because it is better priced...and the groupsets are not all that far apart. Do some research on the two wheelsets...and if they are remotely comparable in quality then I would go Cannondale. Wheels are so so so important. You don't want to mess up when going with the right wheels. You could always flip a coin.
Old 02-12-05, 02:26 PM
Entropy906
Marrield as of 11/07/09

Bikes: 2010 Giant TCR Advanced SL 2, Mercier Kilo WT, Ibex Trophy 770 Disc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
THe R1000 comes with Mavic Ksyrium Elites. The R900 has the Gippiemme wheels
Old 02-12-05, 02:35 PM
Brett 12
Look at these hotties.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Entropy906
THe R1000 comes with Mavic Ksyrium Elites. The R900 has the Gippiemme wheels
That's too bad, because if the r900 came with Ksyruim Elites it might acually be perfect (CAAD 8 frame, Veloce, Truvativ Roleur crank, etc.)

Don't get down at Veloce....it is probably the best group out there for the money.
Old 02-12-05, 08:12 PM
incipit

Bikes: Trek 4500, Fuji Royale, Specialized allez comp

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Swap the Gippiemme wheels out for the Ksyriums for a couple hundred more and that R900 is one sweet ride!
Old 02-12-05, 08:20 PM
Chucklehead
Whateverthehell

Bikes: '06 Blue Competition RC5AL w/ritchey pro fork, spinergy stealth PBO, etc.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i built-up a fuji professional for my bro a few months ago. i put about 50 miles on it before i gave it to him and thought it was great.
Old 02-12-05, 08:25 PM
dfchatten

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
05 - R1000, Ultegra 10, Mavic Elites - $1850 Go Cannondale. On top of that the gripes most people had about R1000 in years past have been addressed: brakes, seat post, seat. I have to admit that I am being a bit bias - I am ordering a R1000 next week. The wheelset did it for me. I think it is a great bike for that price.

Old 02-12-05, 09:39 PM
LapDog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wife has the Gippiemme wheels. I borrowed them for a 70 mile ride a few weeks back (one of my tires had worn through and I didn't notice until it was time to leave). They were nice. Very responsive and comfortable. They were not as stiff as the Mavic Ksyrium Elites.