Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Winter 2010 Upgrade Wishlist

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-09, 07:43 PM
JoeMan
Question Authority

Bikes: Rocky Mountain Solo 30, 2007 REI Novara Safari and Cannondale MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I plan to upgrade my REI Safari (2007 model) in 2010. I hope to get a different saddle also an Avid BB7 brake system. Since every bike tourer is on Santa's nice list what will you see under your tree this year?
Old 11-15-09, 08:41 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMan
I plan to upgrade my REI Safari (2007 model) in 2010. I hope to get a different saddle also an Avid BB7 brake system. Since every bike tourer is on Santa's nice list what will you see under your tree this year?
I'm kinda hoping Santa brings a new solid fork to replace the spongy suspension fork on the bike and maybe a set of trekking bars.
Old 11-15-09, 10:12 PM
YULitle
n00b-sauce

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse SL 2, Trek 1000

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've already got a big purchase under my tree and it's supposed to arrive early. A new tandem trike from Trident Trikes. I'm super-stoked about it. Besides that, I'm hoping to find some small-ish beater bikes in a dumpster that I can salvage the fork/wheel/tire from to make a ladder trailer. Also, I'm hoping for all the fix'ns that go with my new trike (lights/bags/etc...)
Old 11-15-09, 10:27 PM
cyclist2000

Bikes: Masi, Giant TCR, Eisentraut (retired), Jamis Aurora Elite, Zullo, Cannondale, 84 & 93 Stumpjumpers, Waterford, Tern D8, Bianchi, Gunner Roadie, Serotta, Serotta Duette, was gifted a Diamond Back

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked 2,038 Times in 604 Posts
I have Jamis Aurora Elite that is on layaway and scheduled for pickup on Dec 24. I would like to see a tubus tara under the tree and a nice truing stand.