Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Lynskey Delivery Times?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Lynskey Delivery Times?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-17, 08:05 AM
SethAZ 

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey R260, 2005 Diamondback 29er, 2003 Trek 2300

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 334 Times in 182 Posts
Originally Posted by gettingold
Same here. Amazing what anticipation of a new bike does to you mentally. My riding had grown a bit stale.
I've actually ridden fairly aggressively, because I've got certain pressures on me to keep making good progress on my weight loss, and my efforts have included a focus on healthy, calorie-restricted diet, and lots of riding.

I didn't cycle for a couple of years after I returned from a military deployment. For various reasons I'd gained a considerable amount of weight after I returned in 2015 (mostly 30 lbs over what I'd been at when I was deployed, with a short time around 40 lbs over), and was over the Army's maximum allowed bodyfat limit. If I didn't make good progress on getting back down under the limit I faced the possibility of getting kicked out, which I don't want.

Getting started with cycling again back in August was a huge part of my plan, so I ordered the Lynskey, fixed my old bike enough to get it back on the road, and have been riding the hell out of it. I couldn't afford to slack on my riding and tell myself as soon as I got the Lynskey it would be all better. The nice thing is that at my last military drill a couple of weeks ago I showed really, really good progress from my previous official weigh-in and people were pleased, but I'm still not quite there yet. I'm hoping to be back under the limit, and out of the line of fire, by the drill in December. Which means I'm still going out every day (except for the occasional rest day) and getting my miles in, eating well, etc. I'll keep riding all the way up until Thursday on my current bike, and only take Friday off until after the UPS guy shows up with the Lynskey. Not too surprisingly, although I'm down a good 20 lbs since August when I started riding, I've had periods where despite fairly aggressive calorie deficits from my eating plan and riding lots of miles my actual weight on the scale hasn't gone down as much as I thought it would, almost certainly because my legs and other muscles engaged by the cycling are beefing up, or at least swelling up as they are used and increased bloodflow to them raises their water contents. Probably some of both. But the actual fat loss has been really good.
Old 11-07-17, 02:57 PM
gettingold

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey R 260 Disc; 2008 Trek 4.7 Madone; 2017 Framed Minnesota 3.0 Fat Bike; 1984 Nishiki International

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by SethAZ
I didn't cycle for a couple of years after I returned from a military deployment. For various reasons I'd gained a considerable amount of weight after I returned in 2015 (mostly 30 lbs over what I'd been at when I was deployed, with a short time around 40 lbs over), and was over the Army's maximum allowed bodyfat limit. If I didn't make good progress on getting back down under the limit I faced the possibility of getting kicked out, which I don't want.
I'm an ex-Navy JAG (a long time ago) so am familiar with the administrative separation process. Best of luck to you. You are doing it the right way; slow and steady with better eating beats fad diets and quick loss.
Old 11-07-17, 03:33 PM
SethAZ 

I'm an ex-Navy JAG (a long time ago) so am familiar with the administrative separation process. Best of luck to you. You are doing it the right way; slow and steady with better eating beats fad diets and quick loss.
Yeah, and thanks. I'm trying not just to get below the limit and pass and then return to a lifestyle that will keep me yo-yoing back up and down around that limit. I'm determined to get way below the line and stay there. That only can come from an improved lifestyle. One has to play to one's strengths, and at this point in my life I know it's not going to be bodybuilding, or running, or whatever else. But I can get on a bike and ride it, and for someone my size I hold my own even on fast group rides with much younger and skinnier people (at least until we come to a long climb). I rode a lot from 2009 when I first lost a bunch of weight to get back into the military to begin with up to around 2014 when I was deployed. I knew I needed to get back on the bike when I returned but for whatever reason I just didn't. My head wasn't in the right place (and this was not even a combat deployment - real world and stressful, but not combat). I finally got my crap together in August and started cycling again. I was blown away by how tired I felt after just the first five miles or so of my first ride in August, but it's been coming back quickly and I've stuck with it.

I had a few thousand miles I rode since 2009 that weren't recorded before I signed up with Strava in 2012, and am about two weeks from crossing the first 10,000 mile threshold of recorded rides in Strava. I'm pretty stoked. Over 1200 of those miles were since August. The Lynskey isn't a reward for the end of all that cycling, but rather something I'm going to use to maintain and expand my cycling from here on out. I'd like to get to where I can go out and do a century ride every weekend, and even dip my toes into randonneuring and see if I like it. If I can keep this up I'll find myself well below the military body composition limits as a huge bonus.
Old 11-12-17, 11:48 AM
matt92037

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Here is mine all built up. I went through the Lynskey trade-in program where I traded in my XL R265 for a L R275. I went with the industrial mill finish but hit it with a grey 3M pad for about an hour which gave it more of a bright brushed finish. Two major changes from the prior model to the 2018 is the flat mount rear brake mount and a tapered head tube. The tapered head tube looks much better IMHO but forced me to have to buy a new headset yesterday.

One thing I have noticed is there does not seem to be too much separating the R275 and the R260 any longer. In the past the stack height on the R265 was a good deal higher than the R250. Now, the geometry on the size L seem to be so close together I wonder if there is any use offering the two models.

Build:

-Lynskey Pro 5 carbon fork murder'd out with Plastidip.
-1470g 38mm carbon tubeless wheels built with CX-Rays and 28h DT240's. Schwalbe Pro One 28's. Tubeless
-9170 shifter/brakes
-9100 compact cranks and BB
-Pro Vibe carbon bars. These are great, have internal routing holes everywhere. A+.
-Di2 barend junction. Bluetooth unit fed into bar end & wired straight into junction box.
-6870 rd and fd. Will be getting the 8070 GS rd and 34t cassette when its available.
-Ergon seatpost and Specialized Phenom saddle.
-105 pedals

Weight - 19.1lbs.

I will get in a couple rides before I cut the steer tube. Also I used automotive shrink tubing on the Di2 cable and rear brake line. It didn't come out as well as I wanted.

9170: Much improved tactile feel with the shift buttons when compared to r785. I can't wait to start setting up the top buttons on the hoods to control my Garmin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
bike1.jpg (1.14 MB, 323 views)
bike2.jpg (1.20 MB, 322 views)
brake.jpg (672.9 KB, 321 views)

Last edited by matt92037; 11-12-17 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-08-17, 07:31 AM
ov_dragonman

Bikes: Lynskey R260, Andy Gilmour custom road bike, Ghost Panamao x5

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know this thread might be "stale" but I'm also waiting on a bike from Lynskey. On 11/21/2017 I ordered an R260 Disc. Except for the Industrial Milled finish and the SRAM Etap group, it is a fairly stock build.

I contacted the company, via messenger on the website, just before Thanksgiving asking about lead time. I was told "We'll be able to check on Monday, after the Holiday". That was the last I heard from them. This time of year, production orders can go one of two ways: some companies extend person hours to get stuff done, knowing there are Holidays and people are off, or they can say "Let's party! We will fulfill orders after New Year's".

As I said, this is Holiday Season, so if there is a known delay, and I'm told about it, I can deal with it. It is the not communicating that I'm not happy about. I just sent another message, right before I found this thread, asking about a ship date. I'll post the answer here . . . if I get one.

Oh yeah, about a phone call. Before doing the order on-line, I tried calling sales to place the order by phone. When I mentioned the Etap, I was told "We can't sell that to you". I said it was on the website, and the sales person said "Oh, let me look into that" and never got back to me. I think they assumed I wanted just the groupset, even though I said I was buying a complete bike.

Thanks for letting me vent!
Old 12-08-17, 10:12 AM
robbyville

Bikes: Speedvagen Steel

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 156 Posts
Originally Posted by SethAZ
Yeah, and thanks. I'm trying not just to get below the limit and pass and then return to a lifestyle that will keep me yo-yoing back up and down around that limit. I'm determined to get way below the line and stay there. That only can come from an improved lifestyle. One has to play to one's strengths, and at this point in my life I know it's not going to be bodybuilding, or running, or whatever else. But I can get on a bike and ride it, and for someone my size I hold my own even on fast group rides with much younger and skinnier people (at least until we come to a long climb). I rode a lot from 2009 when I first lost a bunch of weight to get back into the military to begin with up to around 2014 when I was deployed. I knew I needed to get back on the bike when I returned but for whatever reason I just didn't. My head wasn't in the right place (and this was not even a combat deployment - real world and stressful, but not combat). I finally got my crap together in August and started cycling again. I was blown away by how tired I felt after just the first five miles or so of my first ride in August, but it's been coming back quickly and I've stuck with it.

I had a few thousand miles I rode since 2009 that weren't recorded before I signed up with Strava in 2012, and am about two weeks from crossing the first 10,000 mile threshold of recorded rides in Strava. I'm pretty stoked. Over 1200 of those miles were since August. The Lynskey isn't a reward for the end of all that cycling, but rather something I'm going to use to maintain and expand my cycling from here on out. I'd like to get to where I can go out and do a century ride every weekend, and even dip my toes into randonneuring and see if I like it. If I can keep this up I'll find myself well below the military body composition limits as a huge bonus.

Congrats to you for your well thought out weight loss plan, I'm sure that will help with sustainability. A number of years ago I was also faced with an increase over time of weight above 40lbs and a doctor asking me if I was going to do something about it or would I simply go onto cholesterol medication. I had been an avid cyclist previously and spent most of my adult life in the hospitality/resort industry (Ski and snowboard) so I was frankly doubly embarrassed to be in that position. Picked up the bike again, dropped the 40 lbs plus in a healthy way. I had yo yo'd a little bit these last few years between 46 and 48 years old but nothing like before. After moving to CA 2 years ago I've been able to get back into good mileage and weight.

I had been riding strong and often up until about 4 weeks ago when I got struck with (of all things) Mono, and have now been laid up but hopefully will be spinning again soon. In the meantime I was finally able to scrap together enough money to buy my dream frame being a Speedvagen.

These Lynskey's are absolutely beautiful, love the set ups that you guys have put together. Enjoy, congrats, and ride safely!
Old 12-08-17, 11:37 AM
SethAZ 

Originally Posted by ov_dragonman
I know this thread might be "stale" but I'm also waiting on a bike from Lynskey. On 11/21/2017 I ordered an R260 Disc. Except for the Industrial Milled finish and the SRAM Etap group, it is a fairly stock build.

I contacted the company, via messenger on the website, just before Thanksgiving asking about lead time. I was told "We'll be able to check on Monday, after the Holiday". That was the last I heard from them. This time of year, production orders can go one of two ways: some companies extend person hours to get stuff done, knowing there are Holidays and people are off, or they can say "Let's party! We will fulfill orders after New Year's".
I'd say there's a chance you could see the bike before Christmas if they already had your size of frame in inventory, but if they have to build the frame first then I'll be pleasantly surprised for you if you get it that quickly.

If you want an update from someone there who can get a better insight into exactly where your order is in their process email Alex Brown at <alex@lynskeyperformance.com>. I'm not sure if his predictions or estimates are more effective than a placebo, but he was at least fairly responsive. Michael in sales was very helpful to me as well. My best advice is to just be patient and let it come. My bike took three months to come, but a good chunk of that is because I changed my frame from the R250 to the R260 something like five or six weeks into waiting for it, so it basically started over.

What wheelset did you go with? Did you add any other parts, like their Ti seatpost or anything like that?
Old 12-09-17, 12:03 PM
ov_dragonman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Late yesterday, late because I was out riding, I received a communication from Neal at Lynskey Performance. He said that "Your frame is on scheduled to be available Dec 13th. From there they will begin the assembly process"; when done the frame will be shipped FedEx and I'll get a tracking number. Putting the dates together, and estimated shipping time, I figure I'll see the bike anywhere between December 18 and in time for a New Years Ride, depending on Holiday disruptions in shipping, and I'm good with that.

I feel a lot better, knowing I have a beginning date. I do not think the build, including QA before shipping, should take more than two days. Except for the Industrial Mill finish, the rest is fairly stock. For those keeping score, the only real upgrade is the SRAM Red Etap groupset. I'm keeping the stock Lynskey fork, FSA seat post, Lynskey saddle*, FSA bar and stem, Cane Creek 40 head set and Vision wheels. Not getting the etched graphics is something I will probably eventually regret, but it is a "looks" thing and will not change the performance, so I can live with that regret.

It is mostly stock because I wanted to save some of my budget for possible upgrades. After riding for a while, I may add a pair of SRAM Blips (not the BlipBox) and rewrap the bars. New pedals are a must do, plus possible real road shoes. Also after riding for a while, I may opt for a Ti seatpost, but I'd really have to figure out why if the FSA post holds the seat where it is supposed to. I'll try to post photos after the bike comes in.

*Speaking of saddles, I thought Lynskey wanted too much for their saddle upgrade. If the stock seat is too uncomfortable, I'm thinking of an Antares R3 Versus Evo. Any opinions on the line? Going through the Fizik website survey, the large version is one that should fit me best. I've been riding WTB for a number of years, but I think it is time for a real road saddle. Comfortable mileage (60 - 75+ at an outing) is my goal, I do not race anymore but still enjoy a quick pace, and I still need to drop 15 pounds or so from MY frame before I begin worrying about the weight of the seat or seat post. Alternate suggestions will be listened to.

Last edited by ov_dragonman; 12-09-17 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-09-17, 12:31 PM
robbyville

Bikes: Speedvagen Steel

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 156 Posts
Late yesterday, late because I was out riding, I received a communication from Neal at Lynskey Performance. He said that "Your frame is on scheduled to be available Dec 13th. From there they will begin the assembly process"; when done the frame will be shipped FedEx and I'll get a tracking number. Putting the dates together, and estimated shipping time, I figure I'll see the bike anywhere between December 18 and in time for a New Years Ride, depending on Holiday disruptions in shipping, and I'm good with that.

I feel a lot better, knowing I have a beginning date. I do not think the build, including QA before shipping, should take more than two days. Except for the Industrial Mill finish, the rest is fairly stock. For those keeping score, the only real upgrade is the SRAM Red Etap groupset. I'm keeping the stock Lynskey fork, FSA seat post, Lynskey saddle*, FSA bar and stem, Cane Creek 40 head set and Vision wheels. Not getting the etched graphics is something I will probably eventually regret, but it is a "looks" thing and will not change the performance, so I can live with that regret.

It is mostly stock because I wanted to save some of my budget for possible upgrades. After riding for a while, I may add a pair of SRAM Blips (not the BlipBox) and rewrap the bars. New pedals are a must do, plus possible real road shoes. Also after riding for a while, I may opt for a Ti seatpost, but I'd really have to figure out why if the FSA post holds the seat where it is supposed to. I'll try to post photos after the bike comes in.

*Speaking of saddles, I thought Lynskey wanted too much for their saddle upgrade. If the stock seat is too uncomfortable, I'm thinking of an Antares R3 Versus Evo. Any opinions on the line? Going through the Fizik website survey, the large version is one that should fit me best. I've been riding WTB for a number of years, but I think it is time for a real road saddle. Comfortable mileage (60 - 75+ at an outing) is my goal, I do not race anymore but still enjoy a quick pace, and I still need to drop 15 pounds or so from MY frame before I begin worrying about the weight of the seat or seat post. Alternate suggestions will be listened to.
Sounds like it's going to be an awesome set up, can't wait to see pics and get your ride impressions! Regarding saddle, since they're truly so subjective it's really hard to give opinions online. I would ask your bike shop if they have a demo program and try a bunch. The Fitzik saddles really didn't work for me, I had bought two different ones to try although I can't remember the models. If no demo available, I sometimes troll ebay, buy a few saddles that I want to try and once I find a good one either keep it, buy a new one, etc. and then sell the others online.

I will give two opinions though...

1. Although not normally a Specialized fan, they really have nailed the contact points (i.e. saddles and shoes). I've done incredibly well with the Toupe in a few incarnations.

2. Currently I'm riding on an Infinity saddle Infinity Bike Seat ? The bicycle seat that eliminates pain and discomfort It is probably the most incredible, comfortable saddle I've ever ridden on and came to me via a recommendation from someone on this site. It looks strange but is really incredible!

Have fun!
Old 12-09-17, 12:50 PM
gettingold

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey R 260 Disc; 2008 Trek 4.7 Madone; 2017 Framed Minnesota 3.0 Fat Bike; 1984 Nishiki International

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I swapped the Lynskey saddle that came with the bike for a Brooks C15. I put the Lynskey on my older road bike and have used it a few times for spinning and was surprised to find it fairly comfortable.

Enjoy the bike (when you get it). I know the wait is hell.
Old 12-09-17, 07:23 PM
SethAZ 

I'm keeping the stock Lynskey fork, FSA seat post, Lynskey saddle*, FSA bar and stem, Cane Creek 40 head set and Vision wheels. Not getting the etched graphics is something I will probably eventually regret, but it is a "looks" thing and will not change the performance, so I can live with that regret.
I didn't get etched graphics either. Hey, at least with the stickers you could conceivably use a fine 3M pad and get it up to a higher luster and just put new stickers on if you want them. I'd be afraid of doing that with etched graphics.

I didn't give the Lynskey saddle much of a trial. It might or might not be a decent saddle, but I'll never know because I swapped my Brooks B17 over after about 200 meters of riding on the Lynskey. The FSA stem and the CC headset don't really need replacing unless you just want to. The FSA bar they ship with was a real cheap one with conventional round profile that my hands did not appreciate after riding the 3T Ergonova Pro (alloy) bar on my previous bike for the last several years. I swapped the bar over and rewrapped it with some nice Fizik tape and I'm happy as a clam with it. I think they use such a cheap bar from the factory because they know a fancy bar is something a lot of people will end up swapping over, so no reason to put real money into it.

New pedals are a must do, plus possible real road shoes. Also after riding for a while, I may opt for a Ti seatpost, but I'd really have to figure out why if the FSA post holds the seat where it is supposed to. I'll try to post photos after the bike comes in.
Yeah, the bike won't come with pedals at all, so either new ones, or at least ones you swap over from an existing bike, will be required. I had some brand new Ultegra 8000 pedals waiting when it arrived. One note: I had to return the pedals and re-order the +4mm wider spindle version. I've got fairly longish feet (size 13 shoes) and with the R260 frame there's a bit of chainstay sticking out far enough on the left, ahead of the flat mount for the disk brakes, that my heal was hitting it fairly often. The +4mm pedals solved 95% of that, and shifting my cleats inward by another mm or so fixed the rest of it. It's annoying because this changed my Q by something like +9 or 10mm, and for no good reason. If you are getting the R260 you'll see what I mean. A slightly different shape to how the chainstay joins with the solid piece that mounts the brake would have avoided sticking out so far, and there's no reason for why they did it the way they did. My knees are fine with the wider Q, but some folks might not appreciate it. Of course if you have short feet you'll probably never notice it, but I certainly did.

I got the titanium seatpost, but purely for aesthetic reasons. In theory there might be more compliance there than with the aluminum one that is standard, but I get so much more suspension from my tires than anything else that I can't see that being noticeable one way or the other. I went ti purely to match the rest of the bike.

Last edited by SethAZ; 12-09-17 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-10-17, 08:41 AM
gettingold

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The only upgrades I got were the industrial mill and the etched graphics. I figured those were forever. The other stuff I can upgrade over time if needed. I especially like how the etching looks.

Side note: I took the bike out yesterday for the first time since my crash four weeks ago. I wanted to make sure everything was true and plumb. It was. Bombproof, unlike me at 58.
Old 01-07-18, 05:27 PM
ov_dragonman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BTW, I am still waiting. The last word(s) from Lynskey, just before January began, was that SEAM for got to ship some small part, a "wedge", for the front derailleur.
Old 01-16-18, 01:57 PM
ov_dragonman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Finally got the bike, yesterday! Going to post some photos, maybe after the maiden voyage on a club ride, Wednesday. Unpacking and initial setup was easy. Spent a a little time today tweaking saddle height and handlebar angle. Seems sweet! Not happy with the stock saddle, but stock saddle are usually to just the get the bike out the door in a rideable condition, so that's a non-issue for me.

Now, for the not so pretty details. Some I may be venting about, but I am expecting a return call from Lynskey tomorrow, to see what can be remedied and how.

Simplest to deal with: I ordered 44cm bar width and got 42cm width. For all the grief involved with swapping out the bars with paired Etap stuff, and the hydraulic brake lines, yeah, I'm going to suck it up and just let Lynskey know this is not what I ordered and see what they say / do. In the same category, maybe, is the Pro Gravel Fork that came installed, even though the build order specified the Lynskey road fork. Honestly, if I did not look at the original order I would have never known about the swap. Plus, on the web site, the gravel fork is a more expensive fork, so I am willing to write this off as their mistake and my free upgrade.

More annoying, the battery blocks are nowhere to be found. According to the SRAM literature, these fit into where the battery goes, when the batteries are removed for transporting or storing the bike for an extended time, or when the battery is removed for charging. The protect the contacts on the bike side of things. I have the caps to cover the battery and protect the contacts on the battery, but no blocks to protect the bike.

The last is something I am not sure about at all. There was no Firmware Upgrade Dongle included. Some folks I know that retrofitted the Etap to their bikes said it was included with the Etap HRD kit. Forumites on another forum also implied this should have been part of what is normally delivered. I am not sure what, or how frequently, updates are available, but if I paid for it, I want it!

Leaving on a good note, that is one beautiful ride!
Old 02-02-18, 09:21 AM
ThunderOne

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
OV_D, how goes it with the R275? You are the first one I have found that has actually acquired one. I figure since they haven't been out long, this stands to reason. But I'd love to hear your follow up from your post above.

I also want to go eTap. I have SRAM on my Litespeed and really like it, but want to go electronic shifting on my R275.

I have built my "shopping list" and am working on my last two items; Fork (disc) and the correct headset. The new integrated and tapered headtubes have thrown me for a loop. Still trying to figure out what means what.

I'm waiting to hear back from Chris King to see if they have a headset I can use with the Enve road disc fork. It's 1.250 - 1.125 so it's not a drop in fit as the other forks specified by Lynskey on the R275. If CK doesn't have one, I need to see if Cane Creek has one. I like their 110 series headsets.

Be great to hear your thoughts on the R275. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ThunderOne; 02-02-18 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-02-18, 09:24 AM
ThunderOne

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
I should add, big fan of Brooks saddles. Love how they feel. I plan on going with the Cambium C-17 on mine.
Old 02-02-18, 03:55 PM
gettingold

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ThunderOne
I should add, big fan of Brooks saddles. Love how they feel. I plan on going with the Cambium C-17 on mine.
I put a C15 on mine. Fits well and looks good.
Old 02-04-18, 03:35 PM
ThunderOne

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
I put a C15 on mine. Fits well and looks good.

Sorry. Missed this post.

I looked at that one also. Hard to tell which one would work best. Guess I should compare these to my Swift I have now and match them up.

Did you buy yours sight unseen or have a chance to sample them before buying?
Old 02-04-18, 07:22 PM
ov_dragonman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OV_D, how goes it with the R275? You are the first one I have found that has actually acquired one. I figure since they haven't been out long, this stands to reason. But I'd love to hear your follow up from your post above.

I also want to go eTap. I have SRAM on my Litespeed and really like it, but want to go electronic shifting on my R275.
Actually, I ordered the R260; not sure what the difference is between the R275 and the R260.

At the moment I am in a major Passive / Aggressive mood. The bike is beautiful, a real work of art, and handles like a fine sports car; very nimble, good acceleration, steady at speed, and, despite my 190 lbs, I do not feel any flex in the frame. The Etap is very reliable and easy to get used to. That was a huge adjustment for me since my last road bike had braze-on friction shifters!

I'm going to hold myself in check from saying anything about the company, but I would strongly advise you video the unpacking, check your build list, look for all the small parts, and then go get the bike checked at a shop before you ride it.
Old 02-05-18, 05:16 PM
gettingold

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Sorry. Missed this post.

I looked at that one also. Hard to tell which one would work best. Guess I should compare these to my Swift I have now and match them up.

Did you buy yours sight unseen or have a chance to sample them before buying?
Site unseen. I liked the shape. I believe it is narrower than the C17, which I like.
Old 02-05-18, 08:11 PM
ThunderOne

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Site unseen. I liked the shape. I believe it is narrower than the C17, which I like.

Thanks and it is. Good choice and it's what I decided to go with as well based on your comment/advice.

Appreciate your feedback!
Old 02-05-18, 08:14 PM
ThunderOne

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Actually, I ordered the R260; not sure what the difference is between the R275 and the R260.

At the moment I am in a major Passive / Aggressive mood. The bike is beautiful, a real work of art, and handles like a fine sports car; very nimble, good acceleration, steady at speed, and, despite my 190 lbs, I do not feel any flex in the frame. The Etap is very reliable and easy to get used to. That was a huge adjustment for me since my last road bike had braze-on friction shifters!

I'm going to hold myself in check from saying anything about the company, but I would strongly advise you video the unpacking, check your build list, look for all the small parts, and then go get the bike checked at a shop before you ride it.

Sounds like sage advice. Will do and great idea!
Old 02-06-18, 11:57 AM
ov_dragonman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just a quick update: I called Lynskey today, and the rep I had been dealing with is "no longer here". Got transferred to someone else who seems very helpful and willing to work with me. They also found POs, weeks old at this point, that had been written up for my missing pieces, but were never sent through.

Given the otherwise good rep I've heard about Lynskey, I'm starting my relationship with this new rep with a clean slate.
Old 02-06-18, 08:59 PM
ThunderOne

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Just a quick update: I called Lynskey today, and the rep I had been dealing with is "no longer here". Got transferred to someone else who seems very helpful and willing to work with me. They also found POs, weeks old at this point, that had been written up for my missing pieces, but were never sent through.

Given the otherwise good rep I've heard about Lynskey, I'm starting my relationship with this new rep with a clean slate.

That's great news. Glad to hear it.

Thanks for the follow up info.
Old 02-11-18, 08:42 PM
ov_dragonman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Don't remember if I posted a photo of the bike here or not.
Attached Images
DSCN6449m.jpg (556.9 KB, 132 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.