Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Brompton Eazy wheels (Set of 4)

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-08, 04:20 AM
mulleady
The Metropolis, UK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Aany opinions on these, would they improve the roll a lot? I find the existing ones that come as standard on mine very limited and only OK for rolling a few meters. Otherwise you have to bend the back and tilt the bike to roll longer distances which isn't exactly ideal.

https://www.biketrax.co.uk/products.p...d=m6b0s142p763

Also these ones below (discovered by Somnetash) wonder how they would compare as option to set of 4. They seem to be going for a ridiculously high price unless I'm misisng something:
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=001
Old 07-26-08, 04:49 AM
nigelme
Lonesome No More

Bikes: Downtube IX FS, Brompton M6 LX, Moulton, Dahon HG7

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Howdy Mr Mulleady.

I have two of these on mine [without the rack] and can't actually roll the bike at all using the seatpost because the rubber-suspension scrapes the ground if I tilt too much. I have got the titanium Brom [smughead!] so always just pick it up.

I have been following the white-rollers on e-bay and they keep re-listing and go at various prices but always £20+. I do like the look of them.
Old 07-26-08, 06:11 AM
somnatash
eight spokes

Bikes: merc, brompton, roadster, cheap every day bike

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hi guys,

I think they are both worth it, even if the outcome is not that rolling over much more metres is going to be so much easier. I have now tested both (Ezy and white ones) and they roll very much the same. A pluspoint to the brompton ones is the bumper: it saves the seatpost from getting scrached and dirty and works as a stopper.

Another thought: If one has the teleskopic seatpost, one can roll the brompton by the seat without tilting and without that the brompton unfolds when picking it up. (The stopper then is in correct position if leaves the underpart of the seatpost down and only pulls out the upper part).
Old 07-26-08, 06:58 AM
SesameCrunch
Eschew Obfuscation

Bikes: 2005 Fuji Professional, 2002 Lemond Zurich, Folders - Strida, Merc, Dahon, Downtube, Recumbent folder

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Two comments:

- They are indeed pricey. Many have just bought replacement roller blade wheels and fit them in. Roller blade wheels go for $5 or so on the Internet. E.g. https://www.skates.com/Hyper-Superlit.../hyp131069.htm
You will need to get longer bolts to screw them in and that's all!

- While I like having the larger roller wheels, I do get the occasional heel strike from them. Not a big deal, just something to be aware of.

Last edited by SesameCrunch; 07-26-08 at 07:02 AM.