Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Deore ST- M563 assembly

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Deore ST- M563 assembly

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-18, 01:44 PM
Ferrouscious 
Some Weirdo

Bikes: '86 Schwinn Prelude, '91 Scott Sawtooth, '73 Raleigh "Grand 3"

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 92 Posts
Deore ST- M563 assembly

I "acquired" an older mountain bike. The shifters were completely gummed up. As in nothing would move. WD-40 didn't make a dent. So, being the cheapskate and "genius" that I am, I decided that I would take the shifters apart. Unfortunately, I relied a bit too much on the power of the internet, ie I didn't take pictures as I disassembled them. I realised this as I got to the core of the rear shifter. I completely disassembled the front shifter because the previous owner jammed the wrong cable in and I had to get it out somehow. So, now for the the million dollar question: how do the pawls go in? I mean the ones on little posts at the bottom of the shifter that catch in the ratchet ring. I scoured the internet and I came up with a couple things, but none of them go this deep into disassembly. The pawls are in the background.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20180215_171309 (1).jpg (99.7 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by Ferrouscious; 02-15-18 at 04:32 PM.