Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Early Yeti Road Project Durango w back story

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-24, 03:02 PM
arhant

Bikes: Surly Ogre, Yeti Road Project

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

I have this Yeti Road Project, circa 1997-1998. It's an aluminum frame road bike, RXXX serial number. It has Troy Lee graphics and the frame and paint are very good. Yeti corporate tells me that the early records are lost and they cannot provide any information. I recived the frame without wheels and seat and seat post. Otherwise I believe it to be original. Here is the interesting part of the story. This was issued to a Yeti factory rider for a training bike. The rider was Marla Streb, world downhill champion and MTB Hall of Fame member. I have a letter from Ms. Streb confirming. Note that there is a partial decal on the top tube 'la' which is where she generally put her name. So, what's it worth?

Likes For arhant:
Old 01-13-24, 06:19 PM
AngryFrankie

Bikes: Trek 400 Elance, Losa Winner, 1994 Schwinn Paramount, Specialized Tarmac Pro, Miele SLX, Ibis Ripley, Colnago Oval CX, 84 Masi GC, 1986 Schwinn Voyageur, 1988 Schwinn Tempo, 1998 Schwinn Peloton, 1991 Paramount Ser3

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 55 Posts
Never know what you'll see. M. Streb was about as popular and well known as a lady downhiller could be for a rider who's goal was to make the podium. I think the value here is only the frame and only to the obsessive mtb collector. I'd guess 800-1600 dollars. Looks like a Dura Ace build. A buyer for that would probably not care if it had parts on it or not, and might not even intend to ever ride it. Super cool bike. Yeti+Troy Lee+Marla Streb make it a unique collectible for a MTB collector.

Last edited by AngryFrankie; 01-13-24 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-14-24, 03:18 PM
SoCaled 

Bikes: Cuevas Custom, Cimmaron, 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Raleigh Competition GS, Bridgestone Mb-2 & 3, 1980's Peugeot - US, City, & Canyon Express (6)

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1105 Post(s)
Liked 3,768 Times in 1,846 Posts
https://yeticycles.com/bike-history

Old 01-16-24, 01:43 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Nice bike. Probably worth maybe 1k to a dedicated Yeti fanboy

to anybody else, - maybe 500$. Worth more parted out most likely but a collector may want it with all the D-A bits too