Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Upgrade advice

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Upgrade advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-19, 07:49 AM
Gladders

Bikes: Condor Squadra, Giant Peleton Lite, single speed diy crosser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Upgrade advice

I've got a 2006 Condor Squadra, scandium alloy frame with a carbon rear end and fork. The group is the old (so good) veloce, loosely on a par with 105 at the time. Wheels are campag proton. About 9kg all in. It has a slightly springy, undulating feel to it at times. A bit steel like I suppose.

I've got an itch for an upgrade, but I'm a bit out of the loop. Would something like the ribble r872 with 105 discs be likely to feel substantially smoother and more efficient due to advances in technology? I'm nowhere near one of their showrooms to try one.

My preferred riding style is on my own for forty miles or upwards at 15 mph. I'm no racer.

I guess it's as long as it is short, but opinions welcome nonetheless.

Cheers.
Old 07-27-19, 08:47 AM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked 1,434 Times in 816 Posts
That is something your just going to have to test ride, as many as you can, to find out. I do not think your going to get many replies from people that know your bike and the one you are asking about.
Old 07-27-19, 08:57 AM
Gladders

Bikes: Condor Squadra, Giant Peleton Lite, single speed diy crosser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I haven't realised that this was a US based forum. You're right, both those bikes are very specifically British bikes.