Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Girls bike

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-21, 09:39 PM
Mustangmaurader

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Girls bike

Can anyone give me a value without any pics on a near perfect condition white Raleigh chopper girls bike 3speed from the 70s ? Are some of the parts the same size as the boys like the seat ? If there is no value on the whole thing im wondering if I could get anything from parts..
Thanks in advance James

Last edited by Mustangmaurader; 02-17-21 at 10:32 PM.
Old 02-18-21, 01:12 AM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Sounds like a neat machine.

The girls frames take a hitinvalue — which is a bummer since they slightly outnumber us men statistically.

couldnt answer without pics

if theboys version was worth $500 might be worth parting out, but im thinking a Raleigh copy of a Schwinn wouldnt have that much interest and would be better to keep your machine together
Old 02-18-21, 04:02 AM
Mustangmaurader

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ya well if a mk1 or 2 boys version is only worth 500 then a girls one can't be worth much at all.
Old 02-18-21, 08:21 AM
AlmostTrick
Tortoise Wins by a Hare!

Bikes: Wabi Special FG, Raleigh Roper, Nashbar AL-1, Miyata One Hundred, '70 Schwinn Lemonator and More!!

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1549 Post(s)
Liked 941 Times in 504 Posts
Parting it out seems a shame, I would not do it unless I was desperate for money. Pics when you can please.
Old 02-18-21, 10:34 AM
Mustangmaurader

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ya hard to say without pics but I know a guy who has it he offered to sell it to me yesterday and I don't want to ask for.pics cause he's very shrewd negotiator and that would give him the upper hand. I've seen it though it's either a mk 1 or 2 looks exactley like a boys with a smaller frame. It started yesterday when he fwd me an add on fb marketplace. It was a Raleigh chopper repro like from 2004 and not complete no brakes no shifter the guy wanted 500 CAN D lol. I dunno maybee the boys mk1 and 2 are rarer in Canada they seem to go for a decent amount of money here..
Old 02-18-21, 12:48 PM
AlmostTrick
Tortoise Wins by a Hare!

Bikes: Wabi Special FG, Raleigh Roper, Nashbar AL-1, Miyata One Hundred, '70 Schwinn Lemonator and More!!

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1549 Post(s)
Liked 941 Times in 504 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustangmaurader
Can anyone give me a value without any pics on a near perfect condition white Raleigh chopper girls bike 3speed from the 70s ? Are some of the parts the same size as the boys like the seat ? If there is no value on the whole thing im wondering if I could get anything from parts..
Thanks in advance James
Originally Posted by Mustangmaurader
Ya hard to say without pics but I know a guy who has it he offered to sell it to me yesterday and I don't want to ask for.pics cause he's very shrewd negotiator and that would give him the upper hand. I've seen it though it's either a mk 1 or 2 looks exactley like a boys with a smaller frame. It started yesterday when he fwd me an add on fb marketplace. It was a Raleigh chopper repro like from 2004 and not complete no brakes no shifter the guy wanted 500 CAN D lol. I dunno maybee the boys mk1 and 2 are rarer in Canada they seem to go for a decent amount of money here..
Wait... this now sounds like 2 completely different bikes. Big difference here.
Old 02-18-21, 03:23 PM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 1,769 Times in 635 Posts
Does sound completely different Raliiegh made several version of the Chopps Mk1,2 and 3 then 2 series of repops on from 2004 and another from about 5 years ago. If it's in prestine condition good chance it's a repop. To narrow down price we really need to know what version it is also knowing the color would help firm up ID and price.