Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Cycling Shorts Recommendations

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Cycling Shorts Recommendations

Old 02-02-20, 07:42 AM
  #26  
mjac
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 847
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 81 Times in 56 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by AdkMtnMonster View Post
Spend thousands on a bike, spend pennies on bike clothing. I just donít understand some peopleís children...
That is not the question, at least in my case. Don't mind spending the appropriate amount of money to get something of quality, that performs well and is durable getting good use out of for a long period of time. But I am not going to spend high end money for just a name on a product that does not perform,period. I am sick of this marketing, hype game and just want honest products at a fair price...Thanks,mjac
mjac is offline  
Old 02-02-20, 08:00 AM
  #27  
mjac
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 847
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 81 Times in 56 Posts
$15

Originally Posted by canklecat View Post
I've tried only the Aero Tech Pro shorts, which despite the "pro" moniker are very entry level shorts in fabric and fit. Good but nothing special. They're more like padded underwear with very light compression.

The Przewalski shorts use better fabric, much more comfortable pads, and generally look, fit and feel like more expensive shorts and bibs. Same with Spotti, which appear to be the same manufacturer -- my Spotti bibs with capri length legs have a Coolmax pad labeled "Przewalski." And I find the bib mesh fabric suspenders more comfortable than the Black Bibs (which aren't bad at all and are pretty good values).

Here's the main difference I see between the Coolmax pads used by Przewalski and Spotti: the original orange pad is thicker all around, comfortable but maybe a little thick where it isn't absolutely necessary. The yellow/black two tone fade pad is thick only in the high pressure zones, and thinner elsewhere. Both have been comfortable on many rides of 20-50 miles, and a few of 60-100+ miles. (Part of that is due to better saddles, good bike fit, etc.)

My size is a bit of an awkward in-between, at 5'11" and 150 lbs. I have bird legs and disproportionate upper body. So I can wear medium and some large tops, but not small. But I can wear small or medium bottoms. The Przewalski shorts fit me well in medium but I wanted a bit more compression, so when a pair of the small went on sale for $15 I tried 'em. Perfect fit at my current weight, with the compression I was looking for to give a little more support to the thighs.
You got a serviceable pair of riding shorts for $15? I have always believed in getting a good value for the money whatever that may be. You seem to firmly believe that Przewalski and its companion brand Spotti is just that. They sound like great quality for the money. You certainly believe in them. I am not going to pay big money just for a name. It is not going to happen. I would much rather something like this if the quality is there especially in the pad. Maybe I can grab some off Amazon with Prime and if I don't like them send the suckers back. But I am not going to spend $10 to send something back that was falsely marketed like what happened with Left Lane and the Garneau's ...Thanks,mjac
mjac is offline  
Old 02-02-20, 08:12 AM
  #28  
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli
 
Sy Reene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Wherever I am
Posts: 5,470

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2694 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 183 Posts
Originally Posted by mjac View Post
I am looking for just shorts but if Castelli makes that good of stuff maybe I can look there. But I don't want to be caught paying for just a name and all the high end shorts appear to be just that. The only way to avoid it is to stay away from all of the big name brands.
Buy from a place that allows returns. You'll never know how something will feel to you reading about it on a website.

Castelli does have a shorts (not bibs) version of the Free Aero Race, and also the same chamois is found in their Endurance2 shorts. Fwiw, I've also had a lot of luck with Sugoi stuff (RC Pro chamois can be found in their "Evolution" short).

You're probably not this size, but good price for these:
https://www.steepandcheap.com/castel...E0MTExMDAwMzU=
Sy Reene is offline  
Old 02-02-20, 08:13 AM
  #29  
mjac
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 847
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 81 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by CAT7RDR View Post
I think you need to spend some time investigating chamois pad thicknesses and the materials used. You have two samples already that did not work for you. So at least you have two data reference points to go on with LG and PI. You might also consider Tri-bibs by DeSoto. The 400 mile pad is thicker but the Mobius and Carrera have minimal padding.
I have to go with shorts, the summers are too hot here. I tried to do some investigating but everything keeps coming up craps. One extreme example, from several people," AeroTech Designs are the most comfortable shorts I have ever worn and I have tried several." Then in this very thread, " I hate AeroTech Designs, they tried to saw my balls off." Then you throw in the Pearl Izumi, Louis Garneau experience, two highly recommended brands by several people, what are you going to do? It looks more and more like a trial and error thing because everyone is different. So I am only going to order shorts through Amazon Prime with free returns until something hits. I am not going to pay shipping to return something that was falsely advertised and marketed...Thanks,mjac
mjac is offline  
Old 02-02-20, 08:31 AM
  #30  
mjac
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 847
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 81 Times in 56 Posts
Your Right

Originally Posted by mjac View Post
I have to go with shorts, the summers are too hot here. I tried to do some investigating but everything keeps coming up craps. One extreme example, from several people," AeroTech Designs are the most comfortable shorts I have ever worn and I have tried several." Then in this very thread, " I hate AeroTech Designs, they tried to saw my balls off." Then you throw in the Pearl Izumi, Louis Garneau experience, two highly recommended brands by several people, what are you going to do? It looks more and more like a trial and error thing because everyone is different. So I am only going to order shorts through Amazon Prime with free returns until something hits. I am not going to pay shipping to return something that was falsely advertised and marketed...Thanks,mjac
Originally Posted by Sy Reene View Post
Buy from a place that allows returns. You'll never know how something will feel to you reading about it on a website.

Castelli does have a shorts (not bibs) version of the Free Aero Race, and also the same chamois is found in their Endurance2 shorts. Fwiw, I've also had a lot of luck with Sugoi stuff (RC Pro chamois can be found in their "Evolution" short).

You're probably not this size, but good price for these:
https://www.steepandcheap.com/castel...E0MTExMDAwMzU=
I think you are right. I was trying to do all the research and hit on just the right short right out of the gate. It is more of a trial and error thing until you find out what works for you. What works for me might not work for you. Everybody's different. Most of these companies do not have free returns, so, I will just order everything under Amazon Prime and return things until something fits. I am not going to pay $10 for return shipping for something that was falsely advertised and marketed like with the Garneau and Left Lane.

Yeah, that happens to me all the time. One of these places puts something on sale and only one size is available. Might look on Amazon for Castelli,Sugoi or Pwsalski. Is Castelli an Old School type company with high standards?...Thanks,mjac
mjac is offline  
Old 02-02-20, 10:19 AM
  #31  
Ogsarg
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Hollister, CA (not the surf town)
Posts: 853

Bikes: 2019 Specialized Roubaix Comp Di2, 2009 Roubaix, early 90's Giant Iguana

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked 254 Times in 117 Posts
Pick any pair of bibs and you'll find people that think they are great and others that will say they were horrible. It's unfortunate, but you just have to try different ones and see what you like and you'll waste some money returning stuff and will probably end up keeping a few that seem ok at first. I went through a few different bibs before picking up some Pactimo bibs on sale and they work great for me. They are not inexpensive but they do have really good sales at least a couple of times a year.
Ogsarg is offline  
Old 02-02-20, 11:57 AM
  #32  
mjac
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 847
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 81 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Ogsarg View Post
Pick any pair of bibs and you'll find people that think they are great and others that will say they were horrible. It's unfortunate, but you just have to try different ones and see what you like and you'll waste some money returning stuff and will probably end up keeping a few that seem ok at first. I went through a few different bibs before picking up some Pactimo bibs on sale and they work great for me. They are not inexpensive but they do have really good sales at least a couple of times a year.
I am beginning to get the picture. Nobody can pick out a set of cycling shorts for me and I won't be able to figure everything out ahead of time. I am just going to have to research as best as I can an try different models until I find one that works. Works for me. What works for me might not work for anyone else. But in order to do this and save money I am going to have to order things under Amazon Prime with free returns so I don't get hit with shipping costs. That is just the way it is...Thanks,mjac
mjac is offline  
Old 02-02-20, 12:37 PM
  #33  
AdkMtnMonster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Off the front
Posts: 122

Bikes: Canyon Endurace CF SL 8.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 158 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Ogsarg View Post
Pick any pair of bibs and you'll find people that think they are great and others that will say they were horrible. It's unfortunate, but you just have to try different ones and see what you like and you'll waste some money returning stuff and will probably end up keeping a few that seem ok at first. I went through a few different bibs before picking up some Pactimo bibs on sale and they work great for me. They are not inexpensive but they do have really good sales at least a couple of times a year.

Pactimo, PI, Castelli, Sugoi... the expensive shorts/bibs/jerseys are worth the price after dozens of 3-4+ hour rides. Buy cheap gear, feel it in the rear. Cheap pads/chamois designs create hotspots and lead to more sores. Nicer gear with Chamois Buttír (or any similar) and life is too good to not be out pedaling! Expensive shorts/bibs are expensive because they work and they last. Pricey bike + cheap clothing = bad time. Use your head for something other than a place to wrap your helmet.
AdkMtnMonster is online now  
Old 02-02-20, 12:37 PM
  #34  
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli
 
Sy Reene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Wherever I am
Posts: 5,470

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2694 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 183 Posts
I don't think you'll find much to select from on Amazon, aside from a lot of chinese odd-name brands, that are also eligible for Free Returns. These might be fine however.. ymmv.

You may be better served ordering from a cycling specific site (eg. Competitive Cyclist, JensonUSA, etc) but get 3-4 pairs, and return once (I think flat rate of $7-9 for return shipping)
Sy Reene is offline  
Old 02-02-20, 01:17 PM
  #35  
mjac
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 847
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 81 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by AdkMtnMonster View Post
Pactimo, PI, Castelli, Sugoi... the expensive shorts/bibs/jerseys are worth the price after dozens of 3-4+ hour rides. Buy cheap gear, feel it in the rear. Cheap pads/chamois designs create hotspots and lead to more sores. Nicer gear with Chamois Buttír (or any similar) and life is too good to not be out pedaling! Expensive shorts/bibs are expensive because they work and they last. Pricey bike + cheap clothing = bad time. Use your head for something other than a place to wrap your helmet.
Okay, bottom line. Name the companies in order top to bottom that you are getting your money's worth;Pactimo, Pear Izumi, Castelli, Sugoi,any others? The problem with this theory is that I went with Louis Garneau and Pearl Izumi,two highly recommended companies, their higher end stuff I caught on sale and they were garbage. I ordered the Pearl Izumi, then went on their own blog and old, loyal Pearl Izumi customers for 15 and 20 years, one after another stated the old 3D gel chamois was great and they all loved it but the new design chamois was trash and well below Pearl Izumi's old standards. One after another. A whole list of people. You can't win. It s trial and error. That's all there is to it...Thanks,mjac
mjac is offline  
Likes For mjac:
Old 02-02-20, 01:29 PM
  #36  
mjac
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 847
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 81 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Sy Reene View Post
I don't think you'll find much to select from on Amazon, aside from a lot of chinese odd-name brands, that are also eligible for Free Returns. These might be fine however.. ymmv.

You may be better served ordering from a cycling specific site (eg. Competitive Cyclist, JensonUSA, etc) but get 3-4 pairs, and return once (I think flat rate of $7-9 for return shipping)
Come to think of it I remember searching the brands available on Amazon and few of what ya'll regard as top brands were on the list if I remember. I will have to check. I think Prewalski is on there. I will also have to check Walmart, I can return back to a local store. If not, your way may be a possibility I guess. I will figure something out...Thanks,mjac
mjac is offline  
Old 02-02-20, 02:28 PM
  #37  
AdkMtnMonster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Off the front
Posts: 122

Bikes: Canyon Endurace CF SL 8.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 158 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by mjac View Post
Okay, bottom line. Name the companies in order top to bottom that you are getting your money's worth;Pactimo, Pear Izumi, Castelli, Sugoi,any others? The problem with this theory is that I went with Louis Garneau and Pearl Izumi,two highly recommended companies, their higher end stuff I caught on sale and they were garbage. I ordered the Pearl Izumi, then went on their own blog and old, loyal Pearl Izumi customers for 15 and 20 years, one after another stated the old 3D gel chamois was great and they all loved it but the new design chamois was trash and well below Pearl Izumi's old standards. One after another. A whole list of people. You can't win. It s trial and error. That's all there is to it...Thanks,mjac
It's become quite clear that you are a very discerning rider whose taint is comprised of the finest peri-hide. You deserve to plant your cheeks upon the nicest, most supple and effective chamois that $18 can buy, because those expensive bibs and shorts are obviously just a scam, they don't ride well, the fit is totally off, and no one is buying them. That's why those companies are so big in cycling- because NO ONE is riding their gear. Because they all suck. They're just names, no substance, no quality, and certainly no endorsements from @mjac. I'm switching over to Hanes with a Kleenex liner since @mjac has opened my eyes to the inferior quality of those terrible name brand bibs and shorts. Phwew! Dodged a bullet. Or was that a buttlet?
AdkMtnMonster is online now  
Old 02-02-20, 02:52 PM
  #38  
mjac
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 847
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 81 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by AdkMtnMonster View Post
It's become quite clear that you are a very discerning rider whose taint is comprised of the finest peri-hide. You deserve to plant your cheeks upon the nicest, most supple and effective chamois that $18 can buy, because those expensive bibs and shorts are obviously just a scam, they don't ride well, the fit is totally off, and no one is buying them. That's why those companies are so big in cycling- because NO ONE is riding their gear. Because they all suck. They're just names, no substance, no quality, and certainly no endorsements from @mjac. I'm switching over to Hanes with a Kleenex liner since @mjac has opened my eyes to the inferior quality of those terrible name brand bibs and shorts. Phwew! Dodged a bullet. Or was that a buttlet?
Just going by my limited experience. That is all I have. That is all I can go back on. The product description for the Garneau was that it was a low profile pad Tri Short. It was anything but. If you tried to run in those things you would tear up your thighs. No integrity. That is what I am talking about...Thanks,mjac
mjac is offline  
Old 02-02-20, 03:59 PM
  #39  
NoWhammies
Senior Member
 
NoWhammies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,137

Bikes: Argon 18 Gallium, BH G7, Rocky Mountain Instinct C70

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Liked 99 Times in 65 Posts
I have one pair of Aero Tech bib shorts and love them. I am thinking about getting another pair and am just waiting for a sale. Speaking of which, anyone know when the next sale will be?

Anyway. For me what I like about the bib shorts is the fit. They fit me better than any other bib short I have bought to date. Maybe that's because I have been poorly sized shorts. Had to say/know. In any event, I do recommend you give them a try.
NoWhammies is offline  
Old 02-02-20, 04:03 PM
  #40  
Drew Eckhardt 
Senior Member
 
Drew Eckhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mountain View, CA USA and Golden, CO USA
Posts: 5,949

Bikes: 97 Litespeed, 50-39-30x13-26 10 cogs, Campagnolo Ultrashift, retroreflective rims on SON28/PowerTap hubs

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked 98 Times in 73 Posts
Originally Posted by mjac View Post
I have bought the Louis Garneau Tour Cycling Shorts and the Pearl Izumi Peleton ( I believe) Cycling Shorts, two highly recommended brands, and the Pad was so clunky and unbearable I sent them both back, one at my expense. Anyone want to weigh in on Aerotech Designs....Thanks, mjac

Okay lets edit this, any brand you would recommend. I am frustrated here and felt like I paid for a name. Do not want to do that again.
Boure still makes shorts with synthetic leather chamois. I'd wear those over any short with squishy foam.

Voler makes shorts using Elastic Interface Technology Comp HP pads with 120 kg/m^3 foam beneath the sit bones. I find those even more comfortable for all day rides.



Drew Eckhardt is online now  
Old 02-02-20, 04:10 PM
  #41  
mjac
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 847
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 81 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by NoWhammies View Post
I have one pair of Aero Tech bib shorts and love them. I am thinking about getting another pair and am just waiting for a sale. Speaking of which, anyone know when the next sale will be?

Anyway. For me what I like about the bib shorts is the fit. They fit me better than any other bib short I have bought to date. Maybe that's because I have been poorly sized shorts. Had to say/know. In any event, I do recommend you give them a try.
Might give them a try. Was waiting until they made a short with the Racing Pad in them but it has been about a year. May have no choice, Thanks,mjac
mjac is offline  
Old 02-02-20, 04:13 PM
  #42  
mjac
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 847
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 81 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Drew Eckhardt View Post
Boure still makes shorts with synthetic leather chamois. I'd wear those over any short with squishy foam.

Voler makes shorts using Elastic Interface Technology Comp HP pads with 120 kg/m^3 foam beneath the sit bones. I find those even more comfortable for all day rides.



I will look into them....Thanks,mjac
mjac is offline  
Old 02-02-20, 04:31 PM
  #43  
rydabent
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lincoln Ne
Posts: 7,770

Bikes: RANS Stratus TerraTrike Tour II

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1504 Post(s)
Liked 132 Times in 77 Posts
It makes a difference what kind of bike or trike you will ride. If you ride a recumbent bike and trike like I do, almost any inexpensive shorts will do. I for instance wear Champion rugby shorts that only cost $15. I can wear these since I dont have to be protected from a bicycle seat. I am basically riding on a lawn chair.
rydabent is offline  
Old 02-02-20, 05:10 PM
  #44  
bpcyclist
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Portland
Posts: 1,097
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked 329 Times in 207 Posts
I haave some spendy stuff from REI and Cafe du Cycliste and others, but my dailies I rely on most every day now are Sponeed, Santic, and Przew--whatever it's called. I like those three all equally well. Other people are raving about Ceroti, also available on amazon. My current long ride right now is about 80 miles and I have zero backside issues after riding that distance with any of the three The idea that you have to spend $200 on shorts or they are crap is not an accurate staemtent in my experience.
bpcyclist is offline  
Likes For bpcyclist:
Old 02-02-20, 05:15 PM
  #45  
mjac
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 847
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 81 Times in 56 Posts
[QUOTE=rydabent;21310588]It makes a difference what kind of bike or trike you will ride. If you ride a recumbent bike and trike like I do, almost any inexpensive shorts will do. I for instance wear Champion rugby shorts that only cost $15. I can wear these since I dont have to be protected from a bicycle seat. I am basically riding on a lawn chair.[/QUOTE}

I am not recumbent, traditional. Looking for a solid short, with good compression and a comfortable pad. That is it. A company that says what their short will do and the short does what they said it would do. No phony marketing...Thanks,mjac
mjac is offline  
Old 02-02-20, 08:27 PM
  #46  
Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Louisissippi Coast
Posts: 4,156

Bikes: Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1141 Post(s)
Liked 269 Times in 155 Posts
I will never buy anything other than Aero Tech again. Someone here recommended them about 4 years ago. I tried them out and love them.
Paul Barnard is offline  
Old 02-03-20, 05:27 AM
  #47  
mjac
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 847
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 81 Times in 56 Posts
Przewalski

Originally Posted by canklecat View Post
I've tried only the Aero Tech Pro shorts, which despite the "pro" moniker are very entry level shorts in fabric and fit. Good but nothing special. They're more like padded underwear with very light compression.

The Przewalski shorts use better fabric, much more comfortable pads, and generally look, fit and feel like more expensive shorts and bibs. Same with Spotti, which appear to be the same manufacturer -- my Spotti bibs with capri length legs have a Coolmax pad labeled "Przewalski." And I find the bib mesh fabric suspenders more comfortable than the Black Bibs (which aren't bad at all and are pretty good values).

Here's the main difference I see between the Coolmax pads used by Przewalski and Spotti: the original orange pad is thicker all around, comfortable but maybe a little thick where it isn't absolutely necessary. The yellow/black two tone fade pad is thick only in the high pressure zones, and thinner elsewhere. Both have been comfortable on many rides of 20-50 miles, and a few of 60-100+ miles. (Part of that is due to better saddles, good bike fit, etc.)

My size is a bit of an awkward in-between, at 5'11" and 150 lbs. I have bird legs and disproportionate upper body. So I can wear medium and some large tops, but not small. But I can wear small or medium bottoms. The Przewalski shorts fit me well in medium but I wanted a bit more compression, so when a pair of the small went on sale for $15 I tried 'em. Perfect fit at my current weight, with the compression I was looking for to give a little more support to the thighs.
Okay Canklecat,we are going to find out.I ordered the Przewalski 4D Shorts last night on Amazon. They will be here in two days. They were not listed in the list of brands Amazon carries you have to search them. But I could not find them because you misspelled the darn name.(Prwelski) It is Przewalski, kind of odd. I found the spelling and found the Shorts. I could not find the Spotti men's shorts. I must admit they look pretty good. Looks like they have a descent amount of panels. I do not know how they do it for $27.99. These have the orange pad. I could not find the yellow/black pad which I would have preferred because it seems a lower profile. But they say the 4D pad is lower profile then the 3D pad so it may be just about right.You say you went to a small for a more compression fit. How big is your waist? According to the chart its 29"-30". You say they run a little big so I ordered 2" less then my waist. I hope I gauged the chart right. But I can't lose. Ordered on Prime, try them on, don't like them, send them back for free and try again...Thanks,mjac
mjac is offline  
Old 02-03-20, 06:04 AM
  #48  
Goofball
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts
Walmart baby ! Zefal shorts, under $20 , you'll have money left over to buy some delicious Hot Pockets 🙊
Goofball is offline  
Old 02-03-20, 06:44 AM
  #49  
mjac
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 847
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 81 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by bpcyclist View Post
I haave some spendy stuff from REI and Cafe du Cycliste and others, but my dailies I rely on most every day now are Sponeed, Santic, and Przew--whatever it's called. I like those three all equally well. Other people are raving about Ceroti, also available on amazon. My current long ride right now is about 80 miles and I have zero backside issues after riding that distance with any of the three The idea that you have to spend $200 on shorts or they are crap is not an accurate staemtent in my experience.
Well,I ordered some Przewalski Shorts, we are going to find out...Thanks,mjac
mjac is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.