Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Pitbull Pedal is back

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Pitbull Pedal is back

Old 08-22-19, 11:51 AM
Pitbull pedal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Pitbull Pedal is back

Well everyone it has been a long time since our last post. We have not been sitting back doing nothing though. We had a few investors interested in the product but when it came down to actual money their talk was bigger than their wallet. Now the good news is that we have been working with LOOK bicycle in France for the last 5 or 6 months. They have been awesome to work with. Unfortunately here at the end they decided not to move forward with our pedal as they just geared up their factory for the 2020 pedal that they have invested so much into. Vincent (the R&D manager) was extremely positive and told us that he felt we had a good product and hopefully we could get it to market. So that is what we have been working on the last month or so. There are different avenues that we will be trying to go.

We know that we have a good pedal as it has been tested it seems like forever with no issues. We know that we are not about go cure cancer but we know that we have the fastest pedal out there. It will be marketed at a good price.

I believe that this sums up everything and I will be responding as I am able.

Last edited by Homebrew01; 08-22-19 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-22-19, 12:37 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18318 Post(s)
Liked 15,273 Times in 7,224 Posts
Originally Posted by Pitbull pedal
I believe that this sums up everything and I will be responding as I am able.
Send me a free pair so I can verify your claims. If they are as good as you say they are, I promise not to return them.

Deal?
Likes For indyfabz:
Old 08-23-19, 10:54 AM
Pitbull pedal

The thread was locked by accident and has been reopened. I hope to hear more comments about the pedal. Hopefully you all are able to find us online. I look forward to having discussions with everyone.
Old 08-23-19, 11:03 AM
noodle soup

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 4717 Post(s)
Liked 1,882 Times in 998 Posts
Likes For noodle soup:
Old 08-23-19, 11:06 AM
TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
Good thing you guys didn't choose a name for your product that is already in use in the marketplace... and I don't need a pedal for my guitar at this point.
Likes For TrojanHorse:
Old 08-23-19, 11:51 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3635 Post(s)
Liked 5,311 Times in 2,699 Posts
Smells like spam, wonder why it was "unlocked."
Likes For shelbyfv:
Old 08-23-19, 12:00 PM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
I thought so too but I looked through the guy's post history and he seems earnest.

As far as the product, the lack of platform and the lack of float make it a non-starter for me. Maybe there's a market of people who value ease of clipping in above all considerations. Good for him for trying.
Old 08-23-19, 12:06 PM
tagaproject6

Bikes: Wilier Izoard XP (Record);Cinelli Xperience (Force);Specialized Allez (Rival);Bianchi Via Nirone 7 (Centaur); Colnago AC-R Disc;Colnago V1r Limited Edition;De Rosa King 3 Limited(Force 22);DeRosa Merak(Red):Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Hydro(Di2)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked 276 Times in 144 Posts
Will it fit both 2 hole and 3 hole shoes?
Old 08-23-19, 01:06 PM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22507 Post(s)
Liked 8,829 Times in 4,110 Posts
I wonder if it was unlocked by accident??
Likes For datlas:
Old 08-23-19, 01:07 PM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22507 Post(s)
Liked 8,829 Times in 4,110 Posts
BTW this looks like the AeroLite pedal that was invented approx 40 years ago. Or is it my imagination??

Old 08-23-19, 01:09 PM
Pitbull pedal

Originally Posted by indyfabz
Send me a free pair so I can verify your claims. If they are as good as you say they are, I promise not to return them.

Deal?
Obviously you hadn't seen the previous forum posts I had made. We do not have any finished pedals to send out currently. We are only making one at a time by hand on a lathe. One set of pedals built in this fashion could cost $500. So we don't have a lot to ship out for trial. If I get this to work, the price would be almost ridiculously low, unless you go with titanium.

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Good thing you guys didn't choose a name for your product that is already in use in the marketplace... and I don't need a pedal for my guitar at this point.
We had checked back when we filed the petition for our fictitious name. We had dotted every i and crossed every t before we chose the name.

Originally Posted by shelbyfv
The first posting I had a lot more information about other sites. I was not aware of all the rules. I was talking with an administrator and we worked together on the language of my post before it could get approved. Then when it was approved, it accidentally was locked.

Originally Posted by ksryder
I thought so too but I looked through the guy's post history and he seems earnest.
As far as the product, the lack of platform and the lack of float make it a non-starter for me. Maybe there's a market of people who value ease of clipping in above all considerations. Good for him for trying.
I don't know if you are aware but there is the option for float.

Originally Posted by tagaproject6
Will it fit both 2 hole and 3 hole shoes?
3 hole only.
Old 08-23-19, 03:04 PM
Pitbull pedal

It is your imagination . And that is how we got a patent
Old 08-23-19, 03:09 PM
Pitbull pedal

Unlocking was know accident . We got the approval from the Boss !!
Old 08-23-19, 03:23 PM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,568 Times in 973 Posts
It's legit, not spam. They posted up on Slowtwitch last year when it was earlier in development.

I wish you luck. I think it could be a good product specifically for folks more timid, new, or just plain don't like the entry of other pedals sold.

I think in the long run they could add a Speedplay like walkable cover. People wear out expensive Speedplay cleats and I don't see people complaining about those.

In terms of future marketing, I would caution against going after any TT/triathlete folks. These may be super great at easy entry and good power delivery, but I'd guess are about as aero as a box truck. Shoot, standard Shimano SPD-SL's are about the worst cleat you can choose for aero concerns.

But, again, good luck. I like the ingenuity.
Old 08-23-19, 03:36 PM
Pitbull pedal

We have our own shoe in design right now. I walked 2 miles on a sidewalk and they still worked fine. But it would be time to replace them though .
Old 08-23-19, 04:03 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Quoted: 18318 Post(s)
Liked 15,273 Times in 7,224 Posts
Obviously you hadn't seen the previous forum posts I had made. We do not have any finished pedals to send out currently. We are only making one at a time by hand on a lathe. One set of pedals built in this fashion could cost $500. So we don't have a lot to ship out for trial. If I get this to work, the price would be almost ridiculously low, unless you go with titanium.
My offer still stands. I won't invest without being able to try a pair.
Old 08-24-19, 03:45 PM
Pitbull pedal

And what a awesome offer it is .
Likes For Pitbull pedal:
Old 08-24-19, 06:51 PM
Kimmo 
bike whisperer

Bikes: https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=152015&p=1404231

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1520 Post(s)
Liked 716 Times in 508 Posts
Pics?
Old 08-24-19, 07:22 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Quoted: 20791 Post(s)
Liked 9,436 Times in 4,663 Posts
We have our own shoe in design right now.
Why? I don't think that that's a road that you want to go down.
Old 08-24-19, 07:48 PM
em_525

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kimmo
Pics?
Pitbull Bike Pedal Wicked Fastest Road Bike Pedals and Clip System
Old 08-25-19, 07:47 AM
TakingMyTime

Bikes: Trek 7.4 FX

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1026 Post(s)
Liked 912 Times in 535 Posts
I honestly wish you good luck. And in the spirit of constructive criticism...

1. I'm not sure I like the aesthetics of the pedal.

2. Is this something that the market really needs?

3. I believe your statement that this is the "fastest" pedal is a little misleading without clarification.

4. I would also suggest more details regarding the bearings and how to service them.

5. It appears to me that the cleats are going to wear out faster than usual and they will become a necessary and regular replacement part.

I wish you good luck, but they're not for me.
Old 08-25-19, 09:46 AM
em_525

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by TakingMyTime

3. I believe your statement that this is the "fastest" pedal is a little misleading without clarification.

4. I would also suggest more details regarding the bearings and how to service them.

5. It appears to me that the cleats are going to wear out faster than usual and they will become a necessary and regular replacement part.

I concur, especially with points 1. and 5. They look unfinished and lack refinement. Also, saying the cleats still worked after walking two miles, doesn't tell me much about their longevity.
Old 08-26-19, 08:35 AM
Pitbull pedal

Originally Posted by TakingMyTime

First of all I do appreciate the thoughts and ideas. I'll try and answer the best that I can as I am just having fun with this project.
1. As an opinion I do appreciate that you do not personally like the design we came up with. I'm hoping others will.
2. Back to opinions, we do believe that there is room for another pedal. Especially one that works as easy as ours does. Not necessarily how fast it is but how easy it is to engage. Anyone getting into road bikes should pick our pedal as it should fit everyone's needs and the pricing will be super competitive as our overhead is almost zero and we're not trying to make the big bucks. Just having some fun.
3. As far as misleading we never intended that to happen as we are stating and showing in all videos that it is the fastest to engage. Funny that even when I went back and watched the challenge video we were talking about it taking 2 or 2.5 seconds to engage both feet, when I took my stopwatch out and watch the video we are even under 2 seconds as the best I can do with my stopwatch.
4. As far as the bearings and service, I'll post a short video and that would be the easiest way for me to show it and everyone to be able to understand it.
5. As far as the cleats wearing out, I think that they should last as long as any of the other molded cleats. I personally walked 2 miles on them with an aggressive pace and they still worked perfectly fine. I cannot imagine how long they would last if you were on your bike, get off at a coffee shop, walk maybe 100 feet, stop at a store to get a gatorade, walk a little bit. At that rate they should last many many months and they would be extremely inexpensive from us to replace.

Thanks for the good luck and maybe if we do ever get these to market and people see that they do work exactly like we are promoting them, maybe you'll change your mind. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by em_525
I concur, especially with points 1. and 5. They look unfinished and lack refinement. Also, saying the cleats still worked after walking two miles, doesn't tell me much about their longevity.
As far as the refinement on the pedals, I really don't know exactly what you mean. Maybe in your opinion the simplicity of the pedal isn't visually catching your eye. But as far as refinement they are a perfectly machined stainless steel outer core. They couldn't be any more refined.
Old 08-26-19, 08:46 AM
em_525

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
First of all I do appreciate the thoughts and ideas. I'll try and answer the best that I can as I am just having fun with this project.
1. As an opinion I do appreciate that you do not personally like the design we came up with. I'm hoping others will.
2. Back to opinions, we do believe that there is room for another pedal. Especially one that works as easy as ours does. Not necessarily how fast it is but how easy it is to engage. Anyone getting into road bikes should pick our pedal as it should fit everyone's needs and the pricing will be super competitive as our overhead is almost zero and we're not trying to make the big bucks. Just having some fun.
3. As far as misleading we never intended that to happen as we are stating and showing in all videos that it is the fastest to engage. Funny that even when I went back and watched the challenge video we were talking about it taking 2 or 2.5 seconds to engage both feet, when I took my stopwatch out and watch the video we are even under 2 seconds as the best I can do with my stopwatch.
4. As far as the bearings and service, I'll post a short video and that would be the easiest way for me to show it and everyone to be able to understand it.
5. As far as the cleats wearing out, I think that they should last as long as any of the other molded cleats. I personally walked 2 miles on them with an aggressive pace and they still worked perfectly fine. I cannot imagine how long they would last if you were on your bike, get off at a coffee shop, walk maybe 100 feet, stop at a store to get a gatorade, walk a little bit. At that rate they should last many many months and they would be extremely inexpensive from us to replace.

Thanks for the good luck and maybe if we do ever get these to market and people see that they do work exactly like we are promoting them, maybe you'll change your mind. Thanks again.

As far as the refinement on the pedals, I really don't know exactly what you mean. Maybe in your opinion the simplicity of the pedal isn't visually catching your eye. But as far as refinement they are a perfectly machined stainless steel outer core. They couldn't be any more refined.
I'm referring to the area just in back of where the pedal screws in the crankarm. That area of metal looks comical in how large around it is. It makes the pedal look like a rough prototype instead of a finished product. I assume you've left it that large around for a reason. However, to me, it's far too large and looks like something the inside of my shoes would rub on.

Outside of that, it's an interesting concept.
Old 08-26-19, 09:05 AM
Pitbull pedal

If you are talking about the 2" diameter area by 1/16th" thick that is our lead to engage the system. Simply put your foot against the side and push forward and you will automatically engage. As far as comical that doesn't seem like the right word but whatever works for you works for me. In person on the bike it all blends in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.