Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Help identify BB and lugs

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Help identify BB and lugs

Old 04-07-21, 07:58 PM
fraba

Bikes: 1973 Raleigh Super Course - 1981 Velo Sport Criterium - c.1988 Colnago Master Piu - 1991 Merlin Road - 1991 Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra - 1995 Pinarello Cromovan - c.1999 Lemond Maillot Jaune Team Saturn - 2002 Colnago C-40 - Also modern stuff

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 22 Posts
Help identify my new Limongi BB and lugs

Hi,

I just bought an early 90s (90-92) Limongi Special in Columbus SLX. I was not able to identify the BB (Italian) and the lugs on this bike. As you can see on the pictures, they all have a kind of flat section. Tried to find something but no chance. I told myself that it's time to submit the question to people more knowledgeable .

Thanks for your help,
François

Last edited by fraba; 04-08-21 at 07:41 AM. Reason: More info in the title
Old 04-08-21, 09:13 AM
fraba

Bikes: 1973 Raleigh Super Course - 1981 Velo Sport Criterium - c.1988 Colnago Master Piu - 1991 Merlin Road - 1991 Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra - 1995 Pinarello Cromovan - c.1999 Lemond Maillot Jaune Team Saturn - 2002 Colnago C-40 - Also modern stuff

Trying to bump up the thread. Maybe T-Mar and randyjawa could help? I know they are both very knowledgeable, especially about Canadian (Quebec) made bikes.

Thanks in advance guys
François
Old 04-08-21, 09:29 AM
unworthy1
Stop reading my posts!

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1438 Post(s)
Liked 1,052 Times in 779 Posts
I've seen this series once before but blanking on the name, maybe it will click in later today. Pretty sure the original Italian set (which I think these are) was copied later by an Asian firm like Long Shen.
Bingo: this pattern is called "Nash" and not positive who made it first but possibly Silva, it's sold as a set (BB shell plus lugs) by Ceeway.

Additional edit: there's this old thread where a poster in Hungary had a "Pinarello" with Italian threaded BB shell, so possibly this frame also used the original Italian set that Long Shen copied, unfortunately the image links are broken except for one that shows the headlug:
https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...ting-lugs.html

Last edited by unworthy1; 04-08-21 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-08-21, 11:17 AM
fraba

Originally Posted by unworthy1
I've seen this series once before but blanking on the name, maybe it will click in later today. Pretty sure the original Italian set (which I think these are) was copied later by an Asian firm like Long Shen.
Bingo: this pattern is called "Nash" and not positive who made it first but possibly Silva, it's sold as a set (BB shell plus lugs) by Ceeway.

Additional edit: there's this old thread where a poster in Hungary had a "Pinarello" with Italian threaded BB shell, so possibly this frame also used the original Italian set that Long Shen copied, unfortunately the image links are broken except for one that shows the headlug:
https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...ting-lugs.html
Thanks for the info. I will try to search more info about this Nash pattern.
Old 04-08-21, 11:36 AM
fraba

The BB shell looks very much like this Gipiemme (VeloBase.com - View Single Frame Part) but without the 2 channels for the cables.
Old 04-08-21, 10:17 PM
unworthy1
Stop reading my posts!

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1438 Post(s)
Liked 1,052 Times in 779 Posts
Originally Posted by fraba
The BB shell looks very much like this Gipiemme (VeloBase.com - View Single Frame Part) but without the 2 channels for the cables.
Yes it sure does. I doubt that Gipiemme did the investment-casting themselves, but was almost certainly an Italian firm (and not Long Shen in China) that GPM contracted with or simply re-branded.
Likes For unworthy1: