Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Pacific Northwest
Reload this Page >

What's Your Favorite Seattle Area Road or Route?

Search
Notices
Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-16, 12:02 AM
eschlwc
Banned.

Bikes: '73 falcon sr, '76 grand record, '84 davidson

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Please share your favorite Seattle (greater metro area) road, trail or route.

I have a new one, Perkins Road NE (in Shoreline between 10th Ave and Bothell Way NE).

Perkins is windy and beautiful hill that moves down, eastward from 10th Ave to the Bothell Hwy, basically where the Burke Gilman Trail ends at the top of Lake Washington. For the most part, the pavement is smooth, and traffic is sparse with a low speed limit of 25 or 30. So you can take the lane and not worry (when descending). There is one traffic signal at 15th Ave. So if you're going east, stop short of 15th on the hill, wait for a car to set off the green light, and take off after it. You'll have a blast flying down the tree lined, winding road with the sound of the wind and a creek to your right. When you get to the stop sign at Pfingst Animal Acres Park, take Brookside Blvd down to the gas station on your left, and then take the pedestrian crosswalk across the Hwy to the BG trail.

Going up Perkins, westward is one of the toughest hills in Seattle. It's a great climb, and you'll feel you've really accomplished something afterwards. I've only gone up it once. Not nearly as much fun as going down. B^)

So my favorite route right now from Green Lake is northward on the Interurban Trail to 185th, east to 10th, north to Perkins, and then down, down, down to the top of the lake where I take the BG trail back to town.

Please share yours. Cheers.

-bill
Old 06-28-16, 08:32 AM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Chesiahud / Lake Union Loop. Sometimes extend this through Myrtle Edwards Park, or Interlaken Blvd.

Lake Washington Blvd between Madison and Seward Park.

Chief Sealth Trail.

All of these for the scenery, but the Chief Sealth is almost always empty on top of it.