Search
Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Maine | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York |Rhode Island | Vermont |

Duchess HVRT

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-20, 05:45 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3238 Post(s)
Liked 2,083 Times in 1,180 Posts
Duchess HVRT

Duchess County has completed and opened the HVRT Millerton to Under Mt. Rd. section, about 11 miles of new trail.

I'm happy yet will likely still use the roads that were the alternative, which is a very nice ride with great views

HVRT-Millerton to Under Mountain Rd sections now open – Harlem Valley Rail Trail
Old 12-14-20, 07:33 AM
TravellingFool

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Was up there in Sept, before just that last 1-2 miles above Millerton was officially open. It's very good, and we particularly enjoyed the area of elevated bridging over the wetland areas. Very pretty and very different feel compared to the section from Millerton down to Wassaic. But yeah, that section from Rudd Pond up via the county and local roads is great.
Old 12-16-20, 05:02 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18410 Post(s)
Liked 15,531 Times in 7,327 Posts
I've done south from Millerton during a tour. Camped at Rudd Pond the night before. Very nice trail.
Old 01-06-21, 06:55 PM
Zebra Tempest

Bikes: 1986 Zebra Tempest, 2021 Jamis Renegde S2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
TravellingFool Do you have a route posted for the alternate route?
Old 01-06-21, 07:54 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Originally Posted by Zebra Tempest
TravellingFool Do you have a route posted for the alternate route?
The very scenic road alternate is Rudd Pond Rd., Boston Corners Rd. And Under Mt. Rd.
Old 01-06-21, 08:04 PM
Papa Tom

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked 234 Times in 136 Posts
I rode the Hudson Valley Rail Trail the day it opened. My wife and I were at the press conference and ribbon-cutting and got a free decal. 'So glad to see that it finally leads somewhere, after years of hearing about barely newsworthy extensions. In 2019, we rode the section that includes the Walkway Over The Hudson. Nice ride.
Old 01-07-21, 03:40 PM
Steve B.

Originally Posted by Papa Tom
I rode the Hudson Valley Rail Trail the day it opened. My wife and I were at the press conference and ribbon-cutting and got a free decal. 'So glad to see that it finally leads somewhere, after years of hearing about barely newsworthy extensions. In 2019, we rode the section that includes the Walkway Over The Hudson. Nice ride.
If they find the funding, it'll get completed from Wassaic to Chatham. That's near Albany. It'll be a LOOONG way, I'm certain it's over 40 miles. If only they could find a link from the Putnam extension of the NCT up to Wassaic, you could then go from NYC to near Albany.
Old 01-07-21, 05:19 PM
Papa Tom

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked 234 Times in 136 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B.
...If only they could find a link from the Putnam extension of the NCT up to Wassaic, you could then go from NYC to near Albany.
County Road 60 looks rideable.