Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > "The 33"-Road Bike Racing
Reload this Page >

Velo News Fast Talk Podcast

Search
Notices
"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-19, 06:33 AM
Flatballer
No matches

Bikes: two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1398 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 250 Posts

I've tried a few podcasts about cycling training recently, and this is the only one I've continued to consistently listen to.

They're very science based, which I like a lot. There's a ton of outdated and just plain wrong information out there, and it's nice to have people who try to back it all up with the current science. They almost always have a pro coach or sports scientist on to discuss stuff, including people like Seiler, Allen, Coggan, etc.

It has some pretty great info. They could use some editing, because the episodes end up very long, and often the guests are calling in on cell phones and hard to hear. But if you have some time and are looking for a good podcast about racing and training, I'd check it out.
Old 08-16-19, 10:50 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
One of the coolest things I wound up catching was an impromptu live Q&A stream from some TT aero geeks that are members over on Slowtwitch that had extensive time in the A2 tunnel. Pro coaches, fitters, a top tier Ironman racer, all at the same time.

I'll say I also have tried the casts you mention, and found them really long. It's hard to concentrate on a tough interval AND concentrate on a podcast that is THAT long.

The two top misinformation items I see locally among non-racers is the aero nature of the bike frame versus the huge blob on top (or other bigger items).........and also the idea that tons of folks still think that they can simply throw buckets of volume at cycling. Then they wonder why someone who only averages half or a third the volume can rip their legs off.

Folks are already light years ahead if they're arguing finer points and trends in training or tech like "high hands TT vs. normal".
Old 08-16-19, 02:27 PM
redlude97

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1975 Post(s)
Liked 232 Times in 173 Posts
i listen to them on long Z2 rides or commuting with trekz headphones. I really like the fasttalk podcasts as well as the flocyling, marginal gains, and trainnerroad podcasts. It usually takes me 2-3 listens to catch all the details
Old 09-04-19, 06:09 PM
rideaz

Bikes: Giant TCR, Giant Anthem, Felt CX

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I enjoy that podcast too, esp the latest Episode 82 where they talked about Recovery and Adaptation. I learned a lot!