Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Great ride today!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-18, 04:25 PM
bigbiker1

Bikes: 2013 All City Mr. Pink, 2016 Jamis DXT Comp

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Great ride today!

Got another 60 degree and windy day today. My first ride of the year with my father and brother. In a first for me, my father and especially my brother, who both have ridden in RAGBRAI and thousands of miles a year for the last 9+ years, were unable to keep my pace today! When I stopped a couple miles short of the half way point they asked me to slow down, we were going into a strong wind and I was at 12mph average. I was pretty happy with that, never thought I would hear it lol.

The second half of the ride was great with the wind, its so rare that you get to ride with a strong wind but man what a blast! I would like to have done over 20 miles but they were done. Hopefully after the next 4 days that are supposed to be cold and rainy we start to string together some nice days.