Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

It's Just Never Going To Happen

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

It's Just Never Going To Happen

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-11, 08:44 PM
shipwreck

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by blaise_f
I will get you the pictures, ASAP, but it may be a week or two, due to the inevitable RAGBRAI trip (leaving Thursday morning, very early) - for that possible delay, I apologize. As for the insides, they are quite simple. Right now, they are just non-compartment style bags, though I've thought about adding a compartment or two. Past bags have had pockets or keyrings on the inside, and I want to add pockets to the "back" of the side panel of the larger rear panniers - possibly detachable. My saddlebag had a side pocket for cell phones, cameras or wallets, that I thought about adding to this prototype - in the future that will happen.

Acorn is a great company, no doubt. It can be a hassle for those who are waiting to get their product, but the "crowded property" (can't recall its real name) will tell you that something in great demand, even if artificial, will sell better than something in high-enough supply to stave back all demand. As well, small production, small town and tiny business is so much more awesome than huge production lines, that will eventually, likely, move to cheaper materials and labor, and sacrifice their product thus.

No problem, have a great trip. Reason I asked was the stitching along the edges. looks like a lining material was used.

Small town production is very romantic, but I will never be rich. I am the marketing dept, materials procurement, PR, book keeper, complaints, packing, upper middle lower management, maintanance, janitorial, Quality control, it goes on.

I do fire myself every once and awhile, and take a shortish bike tour. Then I have to hire myself back at a huge paycut. I then go on strike, but have to be a scab cause the work needs to get done. Ever tried throwing rotting fruit at yourself as you run into the workshop?
Old 07-20-11, 09:21 PM
blaise_f

Bikes: Surly Trucker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shipwreck
No problem, have a great trip. Reason I asked was the stitching along the edges. looks like a lining material was used.
No lining at all. Just leather, waxed cotton thread hand-saddle-stitched.

Small town production is very romantic, but I will never be rich. I am the marketing dept, materials procurement, PR, book keeper, complaints, packing, upper middle lower management, maintanance, janitorial, Quality control, it goes on.
Agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

I do fire myself every once and awhile, and take a shortish bike tour. Then I have to hire myself back at a huge paycut. I then go on strike, but have to be a scab cause the work needs to get done. Ever tried throwing rotting fruit at yourself as you run into the workshop?
All of this post is so very true.
Old 11-20-11, 02:34 PM
blaise_f

Bikes: Surly Trucker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shameless bump; just finished this guy this morning - new design.

Old 11-21-11, 10:19 AM
BigPolishJimmy

Bikes: Fuji Monterey, Schwinn Traveler, Fuji Special Road Racer, Gitane Interclub, Sun EZ-1, Schwinn Frontier, Puch Cavalier, Vista Cavalier, Armstrong, Raleigh Sports, Schwinn Stingray

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
very nice