Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

Going APE !

Search
Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

Going APE !

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-19, 03:12 PM
OldCruiser

Bikes: Most of my bikes are Single Speed Conversions

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked 3,067 Times in 1,015 Posts
Going APE !

Actually mini APE as in mini ape hangers .
Found a deal on some steel mini ape hangers and had wanted to give them a try , so I ordered a couple .
After about a week they showed up today in a plastic bag with the undamaged ends poking through the the bag . USPS had put a piece of tape on one end to keep it from coming all the way out . But they weren’t even scratched.
First bike to get a set was my black Electra C1 . I liked them so much after a short two mile ride around the neighborhood, I sat down in my garage and ordered two more while they were a deal .
Then I picked my Electra Fat Tire Cruiser to receive the other set .
Likes For OldCruiser:
Old 09-21-19, 03:18 PM
OldCruiser

I meant to add . I’d been experiencing numbing in my hands while riding , with the cruiser bars and thought these might relieve some of that and so far it has .
It takes the pressure off my hands . I have problems with arthritis in both hands and hopefully these will help that too .
The only problem is it puts all of the weight on my bottom. So I switched my saddles back to the Electra Cruiser saddles.
Old 09-22-19, 01:04 PM
OldCruiser

Took the Fat Tire Cruiser out today after lunch . A little windy , which helped keep things tolerable. It’s 86 now with mid nineties forecast to come back midweek. It’s supposed to be fall ! Not many shadows between 2 and 3pm .
I love this bike . There’s just something about cruising around on it that puts a smile on my face .
Old 09-23-19, 08:50 AM
Philphine

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
i have a really tall set on one of my stretches. caught a deal and put them on just to try it. i kept them on for variety, but like my low cruiser style ones better.

lets see if this works https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

edit: it worked. photobucket has gone hostage taker again, but i was able to link off facebook.
Old 09-23-19, 05:44 PM
coopman

Bikes: Specialized Roll Sport Low Entry and Bianchi Super Pista

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked 61 Times in 44 Posts
I had some apes on my EC1 for a while. I finally decided that the stock HBs were better because you can pull up on them and get a bit more power to the pedals if you need to accelerate sort of quickly to get through an intersection, etc.