Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

An online tool for finding basket bags, handlebar bags, panniers, etc

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-19, 09:28 AM
tylorreimer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey folks, I've been working on a website to help fellow cyclists to find bags for their bike and I wanted to share it with you all.

TheCyclelist.co was birthed out of my foray into the world of cycling and my obsessive search for the perfect basket camera bag for my bike.

When I started looking around I noticed there was no one place to see all the available bag options out there and compare prices, features, sizes and so forth. I reached out to WhatBar’s Chip for suggestions and after much back and forth we both asked the question, “Why isn’t there a tool out there that already that lets you do exactly that? It can’t be that hard to build”. With that in mind I set out to build exactly that, a list of bike bags for cyclists.

While the site is still a work in progress, it is far enough along that I’m wanting to share it with other cyclists to help them out in filtering through the 100s of bag options out there to find bags that fit their specific wants and needs and that’s where you folks come in.

I’d love to hear what you like and dislike about TheCyclelist.co. I have quite a few features in the works but want to know what are some features you’d like to see added to the site? More comparison features? Tags for things like waterproof/water-resistence? Tags for sizes or compatibility with different basket sizes like the Wald 137, 139, etc? Show bag makers country? What kind of criteria do you look for when trying to find the perfect bike bag?
Old 10-19-19, 12:02 PM
themp

Bikes: Specialized Crosstrail

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 44 Posts
Looks like your site is from Columbia. Maybe in Columbia you do not have the Topeak brand?

https://www.topeak.com/global/en/products/bags
Old 10-19-19, 12:23 PM
tylorreimer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by themp
Looks like your site is from Columbia. Maybe in Columbia you do not have the Topeak brand?
I am actually based out of Canada. .CO is a pretty common top level domain these days for companies (not sure where that started). I should have noted that the site still has a lot of bags left to be added so giving bag brand suggestions is great. I'm just one person building the database so it takes some time to fill in but Topeak is on my list. Thanks!
Old 10-19-19, 09:45 PM
Pfhlick

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I got a great front rack from Basil, who also make some nice bags. I drooled over Cetma and Origin8 platform front racks first but decided on the Basil which was in stock locally and easier to install. The handlebar stays had to be bent a bit to clear the front wheel better (thanks to Bicycle Belle of Somerville MA for their great service!) and now I have a fine and sturdy tubular front rack. Looking for the perfect shallow basket to put on it - the Wald it replaced is now in the rear.
Old 10-20-19, 07:45 AM
JohnDThompson 
Old fart

Bikes: Several, mostly not name brands.

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Quoted: 3587 Post(s)
Liked 3,400 Times in 1,934 Posts
One thing missing from many on-line catalogs offering panniers is detailed view of the attachment mechanism.
Old 10-20-19, 08:17 AM
Moe Zhoost
Half way there

Bikes: Many, and the list changes frequently

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 986 Post(s)
Liked 880 Times in 527 Posts
Nice resource. I imagine it will take a lot of effort to keep it up to date. I agree with @JohnDThompson that attachment mechanisms are important so perhaps you could consider adding that info. I really like the Altura handlebar bags with the Rixen-Kaul KlickFix mount.

Thanks for developing this.