Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Anyone ride a new(er) Fuji ACR or other bike with AL frame/carbon seat stays?

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-11, 04:55 PM
Bubba Hotep

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I currently ride a 15 year old 63cm Litespeed Classic that is a perfect fit for me. I bought it new and just keep upgrading the thing. It won't die. I can easily do 60-80 miles on it if I stop every once in awhile.

So, what's the problem? I keep it 100 miles from home at my GF's house. I commute there on my motorbike to save gas and I'm tired of dragging my mountain bike around my home roads during the week. Anyone have a 61 or 64cm ACR or a 61 or larger Secteur Comp with the carbon seat stays? I'd live to here your experience.

I'd consider several other frames but except for the 2010 ACRs that Performance is still discounting there don't seem to be many AL/Carbon frames left to consider. Felt has phased out the F75 in that flavor, going all aluminum with a carbon fork.

That leaves Fisher, Specialized and a couple of others. Fisher's Ion Pro with all 105 stuff is $$, though.

It would seem to me that an AL/Carbon frame would work well for big guys and might not weigh a ton. Or perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree and should just get another Ti bike.

Any comments?
Old 03-05-11, 04:36 PM
CACycling

Bikes: 2009 Fuji Roubaix RC; 2011 Fuji Cross 2.0; '92 Diamond Back Ascent EX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
I have a 58cm '07 Fuji Roubaix RC (I believe the ACR 1.0 replaced it) and it is a great bike. I'm 6' and around 230 lbs. It is a light and comfortable ride. The carbon stays make a noticeable difference in comfort (I actually thought my back tire was going flat the first few rides). Never been concerned about durability and I hit potholes, RR tracks and other stuff regularly. Don't see why a larger frame would be any diferent.

My wife has an '06 Fuji Finest 1.0 which is the women's version and loves hers as well.