Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

New to Dyno bikes

Search
Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

New to Dyno bikes

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-18, 08:32 PM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1789 Post(s)
Liked 1,629 Times in 933 Posts
Originally Posted by Crossthreaded88
Wrong wheels and bars
But still an original work of creativity and coolness, nonetheless. I would be honored to roll this bike at any charity/fashion/show/group ride.
It's a neat bike & a good find.
Old 06-14-18, 05:44 PM
runSPOTrun

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
thats an awesome find! I'll post pics of mine as soon as I get 10 posts
Old 06-15-18, 05:54 AM
itsivxx

Bikes: Giant and Dyno Roadster

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by runSPOTrun
thats an awesome find! I'll post pics of mine as soon as I get 10 posts
and to think...only one more post...lets see it!!
Old 06-15-18, 11:28 PM
runSPOTrun

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
So hopefully this is my 10nth...10th?...post!
Old 06-15-18, 11:38 PM
runSPOTrun

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

Dyno glide from 98?...This is now my regular "ride with the kids" bike. I upgraded bottom bracket to a sealed bearing 3 piece crank set. I used a same era Dyno compe headset (it has the D stamped in, I couldn't resist). Hammered and drilled out some bracket steel for the banana seat braces, and just cut a stock bit of aluminum for the traffic bars (I mostly just lay back and ride it no handed). I stripped the original paint to the steel and went slate, then did 3 coats of white lacquer on the normal lock-up wear points. I like the look.

I should add I mounted the chainring on the inside of the crank in order to maintain a straight chainline...it got bumped out by a bit switching from a 1 piece.

Last edited by runSPOTrun; 06-16-18 at 12:17 AM.
Old 06-17-18, 08:38 PM
runSPOTrun

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

looking at the chainring it might be a 2000

original chainring
Old 06-17-18, 08:42 PM
runSPOTrun

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
I'm assuming it was the yellow black version... It had a taxi driver decal and was yellow and black originally...I've had the frame for 16 years and this is the first time I've actually tried to identify it haha
Old 06-29-18, 04:44 PM
itsivxx

Well got the frame back from the painters and I'm amazed. Got most of the welds smoothed out and imperfections reversed. After getting this back and looking at the Springer fork compared to the job done on the frame...I decided to go with the 1" Threaded Sunlite Deluxe 26" Springer Fork Replica. The first one I bought was a 1 1/8 threadless and didn't know my headset was a 1" MX . Sent the wrong one back and the new/correct one will be here Monday morning. Looks like I'll be riding soon

Old 06-29-18, 04:50 PM
itsivxx

Wish I had seen your post earlier It's a Dyno Roadster as you probably know by now. Cult following on this bike really most Dyno's are collectable they weren't around that long but had bold designs and many eye catching models. Enclosed is a pic of mine as I found it and I ended up letting a buddy beg it off me because he was ready to build it and I had many projects in front of it. Search for images for "Dyno Roadster" and see all the variations.

Wrong wheels and bars
I would like to find another in about this condition to rebuild for my lady. Once I get mine all together she'll go for a ride and hoping for the best
Old 06-30-18, 09:22 AM
Philphine

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by itsivxx
Well got the frame back from the painters and I'm amazed. Got most of the welds smoothed out and imperfections reversed. After getting this back and looking at the Springer fork compared to the job done on the frame...I decided to go with the 1" Threaded Sunlite Deluxe 26" Springer Fork Replica. The first one I bought was a 1 1/8 threadless and didn't know my headset was a 1" MX . Sent the wrong one back and the new/correct one will be here Monday morning. Looks like I'll be riding soon

i have this fork on my main (at this time) cruiser. the springs are kinda stiff, so it's not as subtle as a schwinn springer. looks nice though.
Old 06-30-18, 07:56 PM
itsivxx

29.8 pounds so far :-)
Old 07-01-18, 09:23 PM
Crossthreaded88

Bikes: Cannondale M500, Electra Cruiser 7, Schwinn Cruiser 3 2003 retro, Trek Calipso Cruiser 7sp, Dyno Taboo Tiki, Dyno Moon Eyes, Dyno Duece, Dyno Moto 7

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
I would like to find another in about this condition to rebuild for my lady. Once I get mine all together she'll go for a ride and hoping for the best
I have quite the Dyno collection but it was easy to let this one go because the Roadster is all about look and style and not really about comfort. I thought it was a little hard to ride but I guess you look good doing it.Just picked up a Moon Eyes frame and fork with the original seat post clamp but everything else was missing. The 2 hardest things to find are gonna be the silver piston stem and the mooneyes sprocket. Nice to see you made good on the hose clamp mark. You might also consider the rigid motorcycle style tube fork as well. I'd shy away from a bent fork springer those pedals are low enough with a straight one. Looks great!
Old 07-01-18, 10:57 PM
itsivxx

I have quite the Dyno collection but it was easy to let this one go because the Roadster is all about look and style and not really about comfort. I thought it was a little hard to ride but I guess you look good doing it.Just picked up a Moon Eyes frame and fork with the original seat post clamp but everything else was missing. The 2 hardest things to find are gonna be the silver piston stem and the mooneyes sprocket. Nice to see you made good on the hose clamp mark. You might also consider the rigid motorcycle style tube fork as well. I'd shy away from a bent fork springer those pedals are low enough with a straight one. Looks great!
This will be completed tomorrow morning...as for the hose clamp mark the post clamp is going to be replaced as well..hoping in black and a bit taller. I did away with the first springer fork and going with the better springer. I've been looking for the rigid motorcycle style tube with the 1" threaded fork. This bike has a weird head tube. As for a daily cruiser I always ride my Giant Comfort Bike, as this is an all day riding type of bike

Last edited by itsivxx; 07-02-18 at 05:53 AM.
Old 07-02-18, 07:21 AM
Crossthreaded88

Bikes: Cannondale M500, Electra Cruiser 7, Schwinn Cruiser 3 2003 retro, Trek Calipso Cruiser 7sp, Dyno Taboo Tiki, Dyno Moon Eyes, Dyno Duece, Dyno Moto 7

This will be completed tomorrow morning...as for the hose clamp mark the post clamp is going to be replaced as well..hoping in black and a bit taller. I did away with the first springer fork and going with the better springer. I've been looking for the rigid motorcycle style tube with the 1" threaded fork. This bike has a weird head tube. As for a daily cruiser I always ride my Giant Comfort Bike, as this is an all day riding type of bike
There is actually a lot of choices out there, at least 3 different straight springers and the 30 inch rigid tube style. Black looks fine but chrome just seems to have the right smack as it were. Here's the 30" rigid with 1" threaded steer tube I was talking about I'm sure it's the same one you've been looking at.

Old 07-02-18, 05:16 PM
itsivxx

Meet my 46 pound creation :-)
Would have been sad to see this go to the scrapper where it was headed before I got my hands on this. Just completed my first 10 mile ride around Springfield...a few thumbs up and one offer to buy...I think them folks are a bit to high. Just thought I would post a few of the completed bike before doing to the fine tuning. Bike rides great...not much different than my Giant. Felt the ride in the abs and butt cheeks :-)

My 33" wide with 6" rise came in today..still looks good

Last edited by itsivxx; 07-06-18 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-05-18, 01:43 PM
itsivxx

Traded the Schwinn my honey bought from a guy on CL...Schwinn didn't work out for her and this is what we got.
I'm thinking this is a DYNO GT Dyno Glide maybe? with tanks and fenders (Almost Perfect, no cracks) ...this is why I'm posting to if this bike is what I think it is..
Original Dyno Wheels, Handle bars and GT Handle bar mount, this was originally a blue and black frame with the black being the front color
Dropped off the frame and misc pieces to get powder coated and in the process truing the real wheel and replacing the tires. Now its hurry up and wait

Last edited by itsivxx; 07-05-18 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-08-18, 09:54 PM
runSPOTrun

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
Traded the Schwinn my honey bought from a guy on CL...Schwinn didn't work out for her and this is what we got.
I'm thinking this is a DYNO GT Dyno Glide maybe? with tanks and fenders (Almost Perfect, no cracks) ...this is why I'm posting to if this bike is what I think it is..
Original Dyno Wheels, Handle bars and GT Handle bar mount, this was originally a blue and black frame with the black being the front color
Dropped off the frame and misc pieces to get powder coated and in the process truing the real wheel and replacing the tires. Now its hurry up and wait

looks like a glide frame. Seems shorter than mine, but prob a different year
Old 07-10-18, 10:40 AM
Crossthreaded88

First off you did a great job on the Roadster well worth the time and $$ you put in. I would have liked to see a little more chrome (rims and bars) but that's just me. Definitely like the half moon bars better than the ape hangers. The old school springer was the way to go too congrats!

So the paints not dry on project 1 and you are off on the next one surprise another Dyno. You might be bitten by the Dyno bug and will soon have Dyno's all over your house much like I do haha.Yes it's a Dyno Glide they came in black and red and black and blue with tank halves which had a white stick on button with a red "D" on it that went over the screw holes good luck finding them. I trust your judgement on what is a goner and what is a keeper.

Edit: found some pics of the way I think your Glide came originally and also my new "Dyno" project.

Last edited by Crossthreaded88; 07-10-18 at 12:20 PM. Reason: add pics
Old 07-29-18, 05:24 PM
itsivxx

Of course the seat post stuck but was only small set back. Did the head set..bearings, races and all hardware, replaced the crankshaft bearings and races. Found the tab on the crank was busted off that held the sprocket in place...replaced it to. Once this was together and riding the normal beach bars she wasn't impressed, tried the apes and she was in heaven. Better ride than my stretch except on the paved path. Blueberry Passion was the color she choose for the powder coating and didn't want the black, Kandy Blue was the original color which was almost a perfect match to the little bit of paint showing on the frame. Tank is in the paint shop being redone to match the frame...should have it back on Thursday

Last edited by itsivxx; 07-29-18 at 09:34 PM.
Old 09-20-18, 11:30 PM
runSPOTrun

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
I was lucky to find an old Dyno Compe head for mine. Love the GT one too.
Old 03-10-19, 03:49 PM
itsivxx

I know huh..these parts are getting harder to find.

I'm back again as I sold my computers and started living life again, working hard and riding. Sold my computer over a year ago to brake my habit. Don't even own a smart phone, only a flip. Time to get caught up on whats been happening