Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > United Kingdom
Reload this Page >

I got my Bike knicked in London!! Help!

Search
Notices
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-19, 09:27 AM
ptrburrows

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi everyone!

So yesterday I got my bike knicked from my property in London - I'm currently training for an Ironman and was supposed to be riding to Paris on Friday for charity so the thieves have impeccable timing! Is there anywhere more appropriate I can post on this forum with a photo so people can have a look out? I tried to attach it below but apparently I'm not allowed as I don't have 10 posts under my name yet :-/

It's quite a rare bike - a Sensa Giulia so think it'll be reasonably easy to spot if it goes up on eBay or Gumtree (which I've been trawling heavily since I found out). I had Ultegra di2's on it and recently upgraded the saddle and had it professionally fitted so devastated isn't the word!

Not sure how much good this post will be but I'm feeling like I have to try every avenue to see if I can catch these b@stards!

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Pete
Old 06-27-19, 04:50 AM
tomplatz

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi. I am so sorry to hear it. I think it could be in every country, unfortunately. I hope everything will be ok. Good luck man.
Old 06-27-19, 08:43 AM
ptrburrows

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks a lot tomplatz - i'll just keep searching the online marketplaces! It had di2's on it as well, so hoping the person who buys it realises it's stolen with it not coming with a charger. But I'm not holding my breath!!
Old 07-08-19, 02:54 AM
Korrigan

Bikes: Brompton H2R

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That's really terrible Pete—may those bastards rot in hell!!
What part of town are you in? 'will keep eyes peeled while knocking about for a Sensa Giulia...
Were you able to get hold of a substitute ride for Paris?
cheers,
David
Old 07-08-19, 03:21 AM
ptrburrows

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi David - thanks for the response!
I'm near E&C/Kennington - I imagine it's in another part of the country by now though!
Managed to get a loaner bike for Paris albeit it was slightly too big for me so I ended up sitting on the narrow bit of the saddle for 300 miles - not ideal! Made it though and highly recommend it if you've never done it.
Cheers
Pete
Old 07-08-19, 04:19 AM
Korrigan

Bikes: Brompton H2R

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ptrburrows
Hi David - thanks for the response!
I'm near E&C/Kennington - I imagine it's in another part of the country by now though!
Managed to get a loaner bike for Paris albeit it was slightly too big for me so I ended up sitting on the narrow bit of the saddle for 300 miles - not ideal! Made it though and highly recommend it if you've never done it.
Cheers
Pete
Hi Pete,

I sadly expect you're correct about it's having been moved about... but you know what an enormous ecosystem London is unto itself, so perhaps it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility for your Sensa Giulia to be somewhere not too far distant...? However it may be, 'will hope that it turns up, in good order, one way or another!

As for Paris, I'm certainly no Ironman and crunching 300 miles on my Brommie is well beyond my present aspirations and abilities (throwing the bike into the travel bag and taking the Eurostar to La ville lumière is much more my speed), but I stand humbled at your accomplishment (despite, or maybe in part because of, the saddle discomfort of the loaner)! 'would be eager though to see the route you took and to hear more details about the journey.

We're in Shad Thames and, personally, I'm rather an upright flâneur on the cycle and quite content to leisurely amble my way about town (generally staying South). 'am however contemplating (work permitting) throwing some panniers on the Brommie and doing a little touring around the Normandie coast this Fall, staying at different Airbnbs along the route... 'really OT I know ('apologies!) but you don't happen to have experience with touring Normandie by any chance?

cheers,
David