Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Cinelli expert's opinion please

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-24, 08:46 PM
jb6783

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cinelli expert's opinion please

I saw a Italian Columbus frame badged as a Cinelli with concealed brake cable and derailleur cables. The rear seat stay was not the classic Cinelli style, but fluted semi wrap style. Vendor did not answer my specific question about year and model.. Which builders were known for concealed in tube derailleur cable routing? Thanks
Old 02-17-24, 07:02 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,928 Times in 1,493 Posts
Originally Posted by jb6783
I saw a Italian Columbus frame badged as a Cinelli with concealed brake cable and derailleur cables. The rear seat stay was not the classic Cinelli style, but fluted semi wrap style. Vendor did not answer my specific question about year and model.. Which builders were known for concealed in tube derailleur cable routing? Thanks
Good Morning I think that is something many people used. Is the bike listed somewhere? did you upload photos into your album? If you do we can see them and someone will likely post them for you.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 02-17-24, 08:23 AM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3814 Post(s)
Liked 3,345 Times in 2,182 Posts
-----

internally routed cables go back over seventy years

when they became a "trend" in the nineties young persons of the day understandably thought them something "new"

much like one-key release chainsets go back at least to 1965 when done by Magistroni

-----
Old 03-06-24, 04:12 PM
jb6783

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool, thanks for the history lessons. The bike sold soon after I posted the question. So how did one change the gear cable, and did it run through the bb. shell? Looks worse than top tube brake cable routing.
Old 03-21-24, 05:21 PM
jb6783

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Touch up on velochrome finish

Another general question. How does one touch up a frame that has the velochrome candy apple red varnish finish? The frame is fully chromed underneath.thanks

Last edited by jb6783; 03-21-24 at 05:25 PM. Reason: add photo
Old 03-21-24, 05:29 PM
jb6783

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts