Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Another bike identity thread

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-19, 10:12 PM
suncruiser

Bikes: 2015 Trek District 8, 2017 Salsa Vaya Claris, 2012 SE Draft

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts

A good friend of mine just acquired a bicycle from her parents and would like me to fix it up so she can get in shape with it. I'm already aware the bike itself isn't worth much overall monetarily, and looking at it it doesn't seem to be built to handle much. Posting here because it seems it's classified as a mountain bike. It's been garaged it's entire life, and in overall fantastic shape for being 100% original, down to the tubes and tires. Pretty sure I'm going to have to repack the bearings, put new rubber on all around, and a set of handlebars that will sit her more upright. It's stickered "Free Spirit MT. Royal. I very much doubt this bike has 20 miles behind it its entire life, so I feel It's a good candidate for a casual rider. Would like to know the year so I can find more information on it, like pedal spindle size and things
Old 01-23-19, 08:49 AM
grubetown

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 21 Posts
There probably won’t be an official info anywhere. This is a department store bike. Looks like a one piece crank so the smaller pedal spindle size. IMHO - Don’t put too much money or time into it.
Old 01-25-19, 10:28 AM
carlosponti

Bikes: '90 Raleigh Technium Prestige, '90 Fuji Thrill - Gone, '18 Fuji Nevada 1.7 29er, '19 Fezzari Abajo Peak

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 23 Posts
free spirit is the brand its a sears brand from a ways back. mt royal is the model. itd be fine for riding around on but i wouldnt take it on trails.