Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Tidal Force

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Tidal Force

Old 11-26-13, 05:21 PM
JOHNJOHNAA

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The m750
Old 11-26-13, 05:24 PM
JOHNJOHNAA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What is the price on these batteries and do they come with charger?--thanks--john
Old 11-26-13, 07:52 PM
kauaikit

Bikes: 18 Tidalforce (+3 M750 E+) ebikes, 27 EVG ebikes, 2 Blk '13 A2B Shima, 1 UM '10 Velociti 26", 2 UM Europa's, 2 eZip trail, 1 iZip 24v Urban, 1 eZip 1000 scooter, 1 Chinese 48v ped-scooter

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JOHNJOHNAA
What is the price on these batteries and do they come with charger?--thanks--john
It appears you have the non X version which is limited to 19.5mph on turbo. LEVT in Idaho can update the rear hub software @ a cost around $250 to an X version, which will allow unlimited top speed. They charge around $650 to replace the 30 NiMHcells in your front hub and around $250 for the charger + shipping costs.

The lithium battery (46.2v/16Ah 2S2P or 11 4.2 cells) upgrade will cost around $450 + around $50 for a charger.

Your going to want to talk to someone that has done the jumper conversion, and or has actually used the lithium batteries on their TF ebikes. I have 7 TF ebikes.

Where are you located?
Old 11-27-13, 02:07 AM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 862 Posts
Ah, what's in a Name .. I'd think the Bay Of Fundy tidal force was Better..
Old 11-27-13, 04:19 PM
JOHNJOHNAA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi i have the m750 but i guess i am going to sale it i don't know enough about them to keep investing money into it i baught it from a friend that baught a storage unit and found this bike in it .it is in realy good condition does not seem to be ridden very mush.but probly paid to mush for it maybe i can trade it for another e-bike im in new mexico. Any offers out there?
Old 11-27-13, 06:48 PM
powell

Bikes: E+ kit, BIONX

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
JOHNJOHNAA'
thank you for digging out this 3year old thread.
I bought my TF in JULY 2005.
I got 24,077 kms as of today!!
I use my TF for winter riding mainly, through deep almost 1 foot snow, ice, mad in well below temperature, of course not on Nickel battery /on LiFePo/.
With zero problems with motor/controller.
TF is increadible design with super smooth ride and wonderfull regen. Complete silent motor.
For others to even consider buyig from you you need to post close up pictures to start with plus documentation pictures, etc.

You have one of the best in your hands, why would you even consider selling, installing third party battery quite simple.
HERE IS THE LINK:
https://sites.google.com/site/contin...ing-tidalforce

Last edited by powell; 11-27-13 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-04-13, 02:07 PM
JOHNJOHNAA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi sir would you consider selling or renting 1 of your battery chargers if you rent i will pay shipping both ways.i just want to see what will happen if i try to charge the batterys it has now it shows only 52 miles on the odometer.let me know my e-mail address is johnjohnaa@msn.com
ps the aa has nothing to do with alcoholics annominous---they stand for my last name--thanks john anaya
Old 01-11-14, 12:31 AM
powell

I don't have original Tidal Force Nicel battery charger anymore, anyway I cannot find it .
LEVT -SERVICE company for Tidal Force can sell you one for sure.

miro13car
Old 01-11-14, 07:27 PM
GerhardtD

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New Tidal Force Bikes

Hi,
I have access to several new old stock Tidal Force E-Bikes that belong to a dealer friend who retired. I plan to make them operational. I would appreciate any recommendations on how to proceed. I have the dealers service manual. I have WMR 500 watt battery test equipment, several oscilloscopes, Cycle Analysis with data logger and a Controller-Motor-Throttle tester. I met one of the original Tidal Force design engineers at Interbike 2013 in My LEVA technician class.
Thanks for any help you can give me. I plan to put any useful maintenance information into the LEVA Level 2 E-Bike Training and Certification Instructor material.
Don Gerhardt

Originally Posted by kauaikit
Hey John....why not update your riding experience and loose the factory original 8 year old front NiMH battery hub, install a jumper in the dash (B battery) & purchase a lithium battery pack in the 46v range. Hobbyking NanoTech or Zippy's work great. Besides you too will get increased range and top speeds around 32 mph with a X hub TF.

What version of TF do you have?
Old 01-11-14, 11:13 PM
powell

Don, welcome to EB forums.
As an owner of 3 electric bicycles: Merida, Eplus, Tidal Force. I can tell you by all means do not sell your TFs like they are right now, try to make them operational and then find new homes for them.
Shortly if you tried several other ebike like I did over the years you must tell by now that TF is one of the best out there. Quality of ride is silky smooth and completely silent even under hard acceleration with wonderful regen breaking and very linear throttle.
But the best about TF is durability of motor/controller legendary right now.
It must be said clearly TF AND ePLUS stand out because they are designed in USA and made to Western standards.
LEVT stands for Light Electric Vehicle Technologies - it is USA company which services and sells ebikes among other thing, they are service company for Tidal Force among other electric vehicles.

Last edited by powell; 01-12-14 at 12:22 AM.
Old 01-12-14, 01:10 AM
kauaikit

Bikes: 18 Tidalforce (+3 M750 E+) ebikes, 27 EVG ebikes, 2 Blk '13 A2B Shima, 1 UM '10 Velociti 26", 2 UM Europa's, 2 eZip trail, 1 iZip 24v Urban, 1 eZip 1000 scooter, 1 Chinese 48v ped-scooter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tidalforce upgrades

Originally Posted by GerhardtD
Hi,
I have access to several new old stock Tidal Force E-Bikes that belong to a dealer friend who retired. I plan to make them operational. I would appreciate any recommendations on how to proceed. I have the dealers service manual. I have WMR 500 watt battery test equipment, several oscilloscopes, Cycle Analysis with data logger and a Controller-Motor-Throttle tester. I met one of the original Tidal Force design engineers at Interbike 2013 in My LEVA technician class.
Thanks for any help you can give me. I plan to put any useful maintenance information into the LEVA Level 2 E-Bike Training and Certification Instructor material.
Don Gerhardt
GerhardtD….first off, attempt to purchase the TF ebikes. Then give NO time, money, or effort to use or charge the original 42v/8ah NiMH front battery hubs. Replace with a nice 26" disc brake setup, or a dyno 26" hub to power a front light & purchase a third party lithium poly or iron phosphate battery pack. You will also need to "hot-wire" the bike, by using a "jumper" on the 11/12 "B" battery connection in the dash.

The original NiMH chemistry in the front hubs is too heavy, low voltage, and doesn't give the range you really desire from a modern ebike. The max voltage you can use is 46v for the rear TF hub to function. At this voltage, the stock "X" top speed is increased from 27.5mph to around 33+ mph.

The "X" hubs can really suck up the Amps, so setup at least a 16-20ah battery pack.
Old 01-12-14, 12:18 PM
powell

Again look at post #31 above
there is the link which shows how to install jumper into console .
That is all you need to do to convert to any 36V battery.
Again it is called 36V hub battery, 36V TF drive system no any 42, 41V. Of course baterry charges to above 36V, but lets call it 36V.
Of course you need matching plug Delphi brand installed on your new battery. This can be complicated for not electrical person. But any electrical shop would do it for you.
BUT
I dont know if he is going to come back here.

Last edited by powell; 01-12-14 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-12-14, 12:42 PM
powell

As a comparison point with China cheap edrives out there,
here are the pictures of Tidal Force motor at 24,229 kilometers.
That are kilometers ridden mostly in harsh Canadian winter since 2005.
Minimum summer kilometers here.
Designed to Western Standards with precision , quality materials used , NO cheap here made all the difference
It must cost $$$.
My TF kit /motor laced to wheel,battery, controller/disply, wires, etc./ cost $3,500 in 2005 and paid for itself long time ago.
I opened TF motor to check for rusting magnetics - no chance.
Also was concerned about bearings after over 24,000kms , didnt detect any loose, free play however, because they used quality sealed bearings /again $$$/.
Black silicone is mine, overreaction, no respectful motor manufacturer will use silicon to seal.
miro13car

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Tidal Force ebike motor 002.jpg (47.0 KB, 201 views)
Tidal Force ebike motor 005.jpg (45.7 KB, 197 views)
Tidal Force ebike motor 008.jpg (45.4 KB, 197 views)

Last edited by powell; 05-23-17 at 07:31 AM.
Old 08-20-15, 12:06 AM
jmirabil

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi.. been looking for a working tidalforce oruginal, ideally white cased german model, nimh hub-battery charger... the slower charging onecwith led... butvwill look inyo the other fastee gray one slso...
anybody have anything to sell me used to do this job but not pay an arm and a leg for my Tidalforce S750 modded bike with still-stong front hub battery -please email me. Hopefully such an original charger will be like 80$or less, hopefully mote like $40 plus shop...but let me know (email me directly ideally) what you have that's working, and I might deal a bit
Thx, Jonathan
Old 05-21-17, 06:44 PM
MagicianBE

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need help with Tidalforce S-750 motor disassembly

Hi folks, old thread but giving it a shot -- Powell; maybe you are still reading the list.

So I have an S-750 with a motor making clicking sounds (no functionality / power loss); before clicks turn to real issue, I want to open it up and take a look. I'm not having luck however, in getting the metal cap off. The wire assembly is in the way. I'm running short on step by step instructions given how aging these are -- but I want to save it as it's the smoothest and quietest motor I have seen.

Btw, if you're on Facebook group, I sent a membership request but not yet gotten confirmation. We can continue there or here.

Appreciate any help anyone here can offer.

Thank you.
Old 05-22-17, 08:42 PM
powell

Magician,
cap covering wire harness going into motor is attached to central hub with small Allan screw,
After removing this cup you can unscrew motor cover, prey it out.
Old 05-22-17, 08:48 PM
MagicianBE

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you Powell. That's a good tip -- thankfully I got another reply on the forum, that the noise might be coming from spokes!!.. Indeed it was . After tightening 8-9 spokes, it's as quiet and smooth as day 1.

For future reference though, it'd be great to have that file with steps to fully disassemble the motor -- can you make it available somehow? Thank you very much.
Old 05-23-17, 06:42 AM
powell

I was surprised you would have any clicking sound from Tidal Force motor.
No need to open TF motor for:
- installing silly temperature sensors
- removing rust
- replacing counterfeit hall sensors or reattach hall sensors falling,
etc.
look at the pictures of TF motor above in this thread, they speak for themselves.
Old 02-07-19, 11:02 AM
GoldenSnailBatt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Test

Anyone still up for Tidal Force EB?
Old 02-07-19, 02:29 PM
kauaikit

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What do you mean by "Tidal Force EB"?

Maybe For Sale Electric Bike (EB)?
Old 09-14-19, 12:12 PM
martin_mortense

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tidal force controller problem

I was recently given a Tidalforce bike and I'm trying to get it working. It comes on and the battery LEDS show full charge but the regen LED is always on. so the motor won't run. I tried disconnecting the brake sensors but still regen LED is on. Anyone have experience debugging this sort of thing? Suggestions?
Old 09-14-19, 01:59 PM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 812 Times in 613 Posts
Interesting read "The Strange Saga of Tidalforce" in electricbike.com
Old 08-31-22, 05:13 PM
Martin_M

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink Looking for technical data

I'm trying to resurrect a Tidal Force IO. I'm looking for whatever technical data I can get for example the pin-out of the battery/charger connector. I saw somewhere in an old blog that someone had posted a motor tear down but the files weren't there anymore. Anyone still have a copy of that? My bike isn't running right now. I don't know what it needs except of course the battery charged but I need to make up a charger for it.
Old 08-31-22, 05:47 PM
kauaikit

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First off.....find an ORIGINAL "grey" vs the beige TF charger. LEVT may have one, but expect to pay around $250. Oh my.......though being around 18 yrs old, the original NiMH based battery may not take a charge, or have very limited range. TIME TO UPGRADE! It's so simple, a child can do it! :-)
Old 08-31-22, 08:39 PM
Martin_M

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kauaikit
First off.....find an ORIGINAL "grey" vs the beige TF charger. LEVT may have one, but expect to pay around $250. Oh my.......though being around 18 yrs old, the original NiMH based battery may not take a charge, or have very limited range. TIME TO UPGRADE! It's so simple, a child can do it! :-)
I can make a charger. But if someone knows the pin out of the connector it would save me figuring it out. I'm hoping the battery holds enough charge to debug with. It will definitely need a new one though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.