Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Framebuilders
Reload this Page >

Pump attachment

Notices
Framebuilders Thinking about a custom frame? Lugged vs Fillet Brazed. Different Frame materials? Newvex or Pacenti Lugs? why get a custom Road, Mountain, or Track Frame? Got a question about framebuilding? Lets discuss framebuilding at it's finest.

Pump attachment

Old 01-06-19, 04:00 PM
mCharlie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pump attachment

Hello there,

I do need your help on this. I do want to get my lezyne pump on seat stays. What bosses should I use ? What does work from you experiment ?

Many thank's.

edit: I do use lezyne road drive wich I could set with a spring. Does someone know if lezyne gauge drive has a spring ?

Last edited by mCharlie; 01-06-19 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-06-19, 04:18 PM
daoswald

Bikes: 2008 Cannondale Synapse -- 2014 Cannondale Quick CX

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 83 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by mCharlie
Hello there,

I do need your help on this. I do want to get my lezyne pump on seat stays. What bosses should I use ? What does work from you experiment ?

Many thank's.
Most seat stays don't have bosses, that I've seen, except for the single boss on bikes designed to accept racks.

I have a pump mounted on the seat stay of one of my bikes. I used the bracket that came with the pump, some inner-tube rubber between the bracket and the frame, and zip ties cinched down firmly. No bosses needed. The zip ties are beefy strong ones. The pump never slips in the slightest.

On my hybrid I have a Topeak Mini Morph mounted on a seat stay with zip ties. On my road bike I have a Lezyne Road Mini mounted adjacent to a water bottle, using the bosses.
Old 01-06-19, 04:43 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Quoted: 4172 Post(s)
Liked 3,793 Times in 2,272 Posts
Does your pump have a spring loaded handle (like classic full length ones typically did)? Or does it use it's own snap in/out set of brackets (like many current mini pumps have)? Either way bosses or pump pegs could easily be brazed on (assuming a steel frame). Too much info still to be mentioned to say exactly. Andy
Old 01-06-19, 05:19 PM
mCharlie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Actualy I do have Lezyne road drive wich can be easily set with a spring. I saw the gauge drive also. Maybe someone know if it has a spring ?
I was wrong with bosses, my English isn't perfect. I actually mean pump peg. I just dont know wich form I should give to those pump pegs.
I saw that some people have lezyne pumps mounted on seat stays so I was wondering to see how that's done.

Sorry for my English.
Old 01-06-19, 06:08 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Quoted: 4172 Post(s)
Liked 3,793 Times in 2,272 Posts
Pump pegs are readily available from a few framebuilding sources. Or you could use a bent nail like Serotta did years ago. So you do have a steel frame and are considering braze ons? Andy
Old 01-07-19, 07:28 AM
David Tollefson

Bikes: Many... Up to 9 in the stable now

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
This could be added: https://www.cycle-frames.com/bicycle...GREE-BEND.html
Old 01-10-19, 06:21 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Liked 3,664 Times in 2,497 Posts
I have some Leyzene pumps. Have yet to modify them with springs though. I was trying to decide how to attach them. They probably would work fine with the regular pegs as David posted. I was thinking about modifying one of those pegs to fit the pump a little better. Not sure if I want to discard the rubber cover, but most builders do.
Old 01-14-19, 01:50 PM
mCharlie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello thank you for all your replies.
After some trials and some research. It seem's that it works fine with traditionnal pump peg's. Couldn't test on a ride but when I do I'll let you know.