Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

Show me your cruiser.

Search
Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

Show me your cruiser.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-13, 09:07 PM
Bicky

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cleaning this up. Almost done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
bike3.jpg (89.0 KB, 1357 views)
bike4.jpg (96.2 KB, 1366 views)
Old 08-09-13, 02:14 PM
jdswitters

Bikes: Swobo Fillmore, Kona Ute, Salsa Timberjack, Salsa Fargo, New belgium brewery cruisers-2014 and 2009 and 2007

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 9 Posts

from here: https://www.vintag.es/2013/04/interes...of-famous.html

the rest of the images are pretty cool, and in black and white. the one above made me hate my schwinn for a little bit.
Old 08-11-13, 06:31 AM
surreal

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jdswitters
from here: https://www.vintag.es/2013/04/interes...of-famous.html

the rest of the images are pretty cool, and in black and white. the one above made me hate my schwinn for a little bit.
Whatever,dude. That picture makes me wanna buy a schwinn-- and one of those groovy jackets
Likes For surreal:
Old 08-11-13, 09:10 AM
Brennan

Bikes: Surly X√, Trek Earl

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
1995ish Schwinn Heavy Duti.

I no longer have it since the typical cruiser frame is too small for me. So, I built this faux cruiser.

Old 08-15-13, 11:01 AM
dbrock44

Bikes: Huffy Cranbrook Cruiser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello all! I am new here and my cruiser is pretty stock off the shelf from Wal Mart. I know, I have read a lot and it probably wasn't the best decision to make. I am a rather larger guy and need to loose weight. Because of my size, I was having trouble doing a lot of things, but a Cruiser excited me as a way to get more active. I just got this on Aug 1, 2013 and upgraded the pedals, seat, added a water bottle and a bell computer. I have over 120 miles on it and am enjoying it. This picture was taken after my 10 mile ride this morning. I have read lots of information and I know that this is not the best bike for exercise (a different type with gears can help me keep my heart rate up and help me have a better workout), but frankly from where I started, this is perfect! I am moving and burning calories and I look forward to doing it. Hey I feel that is most of the battle right there. As I get more into it, I am definitely going to upgrade. Where I started at over 360 pounds, most of the bikes would not hold me according to their specs. This little guy is doing a great job so far! And I may add, has helped me loose over 30 pounds along with a better diet and some other exercise. So here it is, it may be a Huffy Cranbrook, but I really feel it is my life changer!

Attached Images
20130815_111130 (Custom).jpg (99.0 KB, 1378 views)

Last edited by dbrock44; 08-15-13 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-15-13, 11:34 AM
juniorswv

Bikes: schwinn Gateway...schwinn corvette 3 speed..stripped to bare metal..Huffy Cranbrook...

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Huffy Bikes are great. A cruiser is good exercise. I have had a few bikes. Now just cruisers for me. Have a 2006 Raleigh gruv, 62 Schwinn corvette frame that I am slowing stripping rust from. I am getting a Huffy from wally world next week. For under a 100 Dollars hard to beat the price. Best of Luck!!!
Old 08-15-13, 11:35 AM
juniorswv

Bikes: schwinn Gateway...schwinn corvette 3 speed..stripped to bare metal..Huffy Cranbrook...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice Cruiser!!!
Old 08-16-13, 07:04 AM
deeth82
Dirty Schwinn-Lover

Bikes: '11 & '13 Schwinn Racers, Takara (Kent) Kabuto, '11 Gary Fisher (Trek) Marlin SS 29er, Schwinn Sanctuary Cruiser, '11 Schwinn Sid, Firmstrong Chief 3-spd, '10 Schwinn Corvette

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by dbrock44
Hello all! I am new here and my cruiser is pretty stock off the shelf from Wal Mart. I know, I have read a lot and it probably wasn't the best decision to make. I am a rather larger guy and need to loose weight. Because of my size, I was having trouble doing a lot of things, but a Cruiser excited me as a way to get more active. I just got this on Aug 1, 2013 and upgraded the pedals, seat, added a water bottle and a bell computer. I have over 120 miles on it and am enjoying it. This picture was taken after my 10 mile ride this morning. I have read lots of information and I know that this is not the best bike for exercise (a different type with gears can help me keep my heart rate up and help me have a better workout), but frankly from where I started, this is perfect! I am moving and burning calories and I look forward to doing it. Hey I feel that is most of the battle right there. As I get more into it, I am definitely going to upgrade. Where I started at over 360 pounds, most of the bikes would not hold me according to their specs. This little guy is doing a great job so far! And I may add, has helped me loose over 30 pounds along with a better diet and some other exercise. So here it is, it may be a Huffy Cranbrook, but I really feel it is my life changer!

Don't sweat the bicycling elite telling you that these bikes are crap. With proper care, they can last a very long time. And on top of all that, the point is that you're moving...you're doing something instead of nothing, and that's a great thing! I was actually thinking about picking up a La Jolla cruiser from Wal-Mart not too long ago...just another cruiser project, and another way to bring my wife one step closer to reconsidering our marriage thanks to yet another bike.

Just make sure that you either A) Figure out how to wrench on it yourself or B) Take it to a local shop and have it serviced on a regular basis (6-12 months). It's great to hear that you've already lost weight by using that little gem! A lot of people at work get on my case about buying bikes/boards/scooters, but I remind them that their "toys" run thousands of dollars more in cost, and have far fewer applications (for instance, one of them that doesn't live on the lake purchased a boat...more power to him, but now it costs him gas $$ to drive back and forth from the lake to put in, as well as tax/registration and the consumables to run the boat)...when a bike can go almost anywhere, on nearly any surface, at any given time...depending on you, the engine.

You are up and moving, and I'll bet you already feel better after losing that weight, so keep it up! I like the look of that Cranbrook, too...stylish!
Old 08-16-13, 07:17 AM
social suicide

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
2013 17th annual Gordon Lyon Memorial Cruiser Ride. Yoopers on bikes!

Old 08-16-13, 09:16 AM
jdswitters

Bikes: Swobo Fillmore, Kona Ute, Salsa Timberjack, Salsa Fargo, New belgium brewery cruisers-2014 and 2009 and 2007

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 9 Posts
A $125 schwinn windwood from target got me back into bicycling after about 15 years of building a career and raising kids. I probably have about 400 miles on it by now, and still make sure it gets out at least once every two weeks. In the last few years I've picked up more bikes, from a felt New belgium cruiser to salsa fargo, but I cannot ever imagine getting rid of the schwinn. A few weeks ago I put a $35 dollar springer front end on it and magnet lights. Fun fun.
Old 08-16-13, 09:32 AM
RaleighSport
Hogosha Sekai

Bikes: Leader 725, Centurion Turbo, Scwhinn Peloton, Schwinn Premis, GT Tequesta, Bridgestone CB-2,72' Centurion Lemans, 72 Raleigh Competition

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by dbrock44

Originally Posted by jdswitters
A $125 schwinn windwood from target got me back into bicycling after about 15 years of building a career and raising kids. I probably have about 400 miles on it by now, and still make sure it gets out at least once every two weeks. In the last few years I've picked up more bikes, from a felt New belgium cruiser to salsa fargo, but I cannot ever imagine getting rid of the schwinn. A few weeks ago I put a $35 dollar springer front end on it and magnet lights. Fun fun.
Props to both you guys for riding, doesn't matter what you start with at all! Hell, I almost was HuffyCranberry was seriously going to buy one as my first adult bike until a fixer upper Raleigh Sports fell in my lap!
Old 08-16-13, 06:27 PM
dbrock44

Bikes: Huffy Cranbrook Cruiser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Red face Thanks guys for the encouragement

Thank you all for your comments and support juniorswv, deeth82 and RalieghSport. It means a lot and makes me feel even better about my decision to start biking and to join these forums!

I am really, really enjoying exercising on my bike! My Life Changer! Each day I look forward to my ride. When I get started, I always think to myself "Today I am just going to do the short route and be done because I am tired! " As I get riding, something takes over and I end up doing a full ride! Not only that, but my speed was up too! Today I went one more road over from where I normally ride and put on 11.42 miles versus my normal 9-10. It felt doubly great!

I think I have finally found an activity that I am going to enjoy and see results from on a consistent basis! Hey, I know biking is the whole solution and I am taking steps with my diet too! But I feel biking is actually making my diet easier for me!

I love my Cranbrook! I really don't think I could have found a better bike to start out with. Ya, it may be harder to keep a higher level cadence with, but I think it is helping me. My son is great with mechanical things and he is wrenching on my bike and showing me what things I need to be looking for. For a big guy (starting at 360+), I really don't think I could find a better sport! I tried walking and frankly...I just feel better after riding my bike!

Cruise on Guys and Gals!
Old 08-16-13, 06:53 PM
surreal

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Put a smaller front sprocket on there, and your cadence'll speed up.

Here's some Cranbrook love: https://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/vie...ilit=cranbrook
Old 08-16-13, 07:25 PM
Dannihilator
Still kicking.

Bikes: Bike Count: Rising.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by deeth82
Don't sweat the bicycling elite telling you that these bikes are crap. With proper care, they can last a very long time. And on top of all that, the point is that you're moving...you're doing something instead of nothing, and that's a great thing! I was actually thinking about picking up a La Jolla cruiser from Wal-Mart not too long ago...just another cruiser project, and another way to bring my wife one step closer to reconsidering our marriage thanks to yet another bike.

Just make sure that you either A) Figure out how to wrench on it yourself or B) Take it to a local shop and have it serviced on a regular basis (6-12 months). It's great to hear that you've already lost weight by using that little gem! A lot of people at work get on my case about buying bikes/boards/scooters, but I remind them that their "toys" run thousands of dollars more in cost, and have far fewer applications (for instance, one of them that doesn't live on the lake purchased a boat...more power to him, but now it costs him gas $$ to drive back and forth from the lake to put in, as well as tax/registration and the consumables to run the boat)...when a bike can go almost anywhere, on nearly any surface, at any given time...depending on you, the engine.

You are up and moving, and I'll bet you already feel better after losing that weight, so keep it up! I like the look of that Cranbrook, too...stylish!
This for a bike like a beach cruiser, it doesn't matter all that much. As long as you keep on top of things.

In fact I just got a huffy millenium to fart around on so I don't go insane as I heal up and will have it as a project bike once I do heal.
Attached Images
0816131904869591564.jpg (92.9 KB, 1398 views)
Old 08-16-13, 08:26 PM
Murray Missile 

Bikes: More than there were awhile ago.

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked 1,277 Times in 607 Posts
I don't have a cruiser, can't find a tall enough frame, but here's the wife's Giant Simple Seven. She works about a half mile from home so it's her "commuter" as well.

The women's bikes didn't have fenders but the men's did, she wanted fenders so the LBS took fenders off a men's Simple Seven and put them on hers for me.
Attached Images

Last edited by Murray Missile; 08-16-13 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-17-13, 01:11 PM
stanman13
Not racing.

Bikes: Old rigid mtn bikes

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts
If you are excited about getting on your bike and riding, then I don't care what kind it is, it's the perfect one for you. Nothing else matters.
Old 08-17-13, 04:07 PM
juniorswv

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=dbrock44;15969298]Thank you all for your comments and support juniorswv, deeth82 and RalieghSport. It means a lot and makes me feel even better about my decision to start biking and to join these forums!

I am really, really enjoying exercising on my bike! My Life Changer! Each day I look forward to my ride. When I get started, I always think to myself "Today I am just going to do the short route and be done because I am tired! " As I get riding, something takes over and I end up doing a full ride! Not only that, but my speed was up too! Today I went one more road over from where I normally ride and put on 11.42 miles versus my normal 9-10. It felt doubly great!

I think I have finally found an activity that I am going to enjoy and see results from on a consistent basis! Hey, I know biking is the whole solution and I am taking steps with my diet too! But I feel biking is actually making my diet easier for me!

I love my Cranbrook! I really don't think I could have found a better bike to start out with. Ya, it may be harder to keep a higher level cadence with, but I think it is helping me. My son is great with mechanical things and he is wrenching on my bike and showing me what things I need to be looking for. For a big guy (starting at 360+), I really don't think I could find a better sport! I tried walking and frankly...I just feel better after riding my bike!

Cruise on Guys and Gals!
Something about a Cruiser Bike ( or any bike ).Keep it fun,you will always enjoy the ride!!!
Old 08-17-13, 06:31 PM
Dannihilator
Still kicking.

Bikes: Bike Count: Rising.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 32 Posts
Got a better pic. Going to be improving some stuff on it as the year goes by, why because I can....
Old 08-19-13, 06:05 AM
deeth82
Dirty Schwinn-Lover

Bikes: '11 & '13 Schwinn Racers, Takara (Kent) Kabuto, '11 Gary Fisher (Trek) Marlin SS 29er, Schwinn Sanctuary Cruiser, '11 Schwinn Sid, Firmstrong Chief 3-spd, '10 Schwinn Corvette

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dannihilator
This for a bike like a beach cruiser, it doesn't matter all that much. As long as you keep on top of things.

In fact I just got a huffy millenium to fart around on so I don't go insane as I heal up and will have it as a project bike once I do heal.
I saw one of these in Wally World yesterday! I was so tempted to grab it up...it's a handsome ride!
Old 08-20-13, 10:35 AM
boattail71
boattail71

Bikes: Too many to list. Raleigh carbon racer (17 lbs.) and fast to a '37 Columbia (17 lbs. wheels alone) Even an Aerocycle (not ridable yet), love the middleweights too.

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vintage! This was my daily rider in college now my truck. Still looking for a peaked front fender (on the cheap). Bought it for $8.00 and have spent next to nothing on it over the decades (I know, it looks it, doesn't it).

Attached Images
RoadmasterDog.jpg (99.0 KB, 1428 views)
Old 08-20-13, 11:21 AM
Nightshade
Humvee of bikes =Worksman

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by boattail71
Vintage! This was my daily rider in college now my truck. Still looking for a peaked front fender (on the cheap). Bought it for $8.00 and have spent next to nothing on it over the decades (I know, it looks it, doesn't it).

https://www.bikesomewhere.com/Wald-Ba...&searchSize=12

https://www.bikeworldusa.com/product_...roducts_id/940

Originally Posted by krazygluon
Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred, which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?
Old 08-20-13, 02:19 PM
katsrevenge
covered in cat fur

Bikes: Papillionaire Sommer, '85 Schwinn World Tourist, 2014 Windsor Kensington 8, SixThreeZero SS Cruiser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have this bike! I love it. Mine's the teal 'supreme' step though frame though.

I think the only real difference between the 'supreme and the regular ones was the tires. Mine still has the stock really fat tires. Can't find a fender to fit them. Will just need to replace them. And my bar has foam on it... I'll see if I can get a good picture.
Old 09-05-13, 06:42 AM
ThimbleSmash
The Viceroy

Bikes: SE PK Ripper FG,Trek Classic Steel, Free Spirit FG, Raleigh Pointe, Centurion Sport DLX, Schwinn CrissCross

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My cruiser built up off a Centurion Sport DLX frame.

Old 09-08-13, 07:11 PM
SHOFINE

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 15 Posts
Just got this On One Fatty the other day...did 25 miles on it Saturday...most fun bike I've been on!

Old 09-09-13, 08:39 AM
WillynHook
IguanaFred Rider

Bikes: Giant Iguana - Freded-Up since 1992

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just finished fixing up a 1939 Elgins and 1968 Typhoon (with mods).

Dr. Joe
Attached Images
C360_2013-09-07-12-04-22-154.jpg (104.3 KB, 1333 views)
C360_2013-09-07-12-05-59-791.jpg (101.5 KB, 1334 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.