Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recreational & Family
Reload this Page >

Anybody know whether Nakamura is a good bike brand?

Search
Notices
Recreational & Family Ride just to ride? Have a family and want to get them into cycling? Drop in here to discuss recreational and family cycling issues.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-17, 09:04 PM
TheBushmaster24

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all... I recently bought a Nakamura Attack 650 bike from a sporting goods store I work at. It was originally priced at $300 and I got it for $200. It was a cool looking bike and seemed nice, and for the price I figured why not. However, I tried googling some reviews and found nothing on the model, and nothing on Nakamura itself either, which was kinda unnerving. I want to take this bike with me to campus to get around, but if it's a junky bike and needs repairs constantly then I really don't want it. Anyone have any reviews or input on Nakamura? Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks!
Old 08-25-17, 12:23 PM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 179 Posts
A search on your question brings up this response from Yahoo answers Best Answer: if you are talking about the cheap nakamuras, yes they are junk and so are the cheap bikes regardless of their brands. The basic principle is "you will get what you paid for".
Nakamura is manufacturing bicycle frames, the other parts of the bicycle are made up of different brands. Nakamura frame are either made in Taiwan or China and so are most of the aluminum bike frames whatever brand they are. If you have a money you can even have your own bike frame brand.
Going back to nakamura, it is not a well known brand except in Europe, particularly in France. The bike is under Intersport and they have a cheap and higher end bikes as well. To know more about nakamura, it will be better to check french bicycle forums in the web (you need to understand french). They have a website in norway but the bike list are not complete or should i say the good ones are not really there. For more information, you can check these websites: Note, links are 9 years old and may no longer be good.

INTERSPORT | Intersport - N°1 mondial de la distribution d'articles de sport | INTERSPORT.fr - Le sport commence ici
www.nakamura.no

Last edited by VegasTriker; 08-25-17 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-30-17, 11:30 AM
hermanchauw

Bikes: Voodoo Hoodoo, Linus Libertine

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
The frame is the last thing i worry about. Frames are unlikely to fail and it would take a long time before they do. Just make sure your parts are good quality and well maintained. When parts break, simply replace with better ones.
Old 10-30-17, 02:18 PM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 862 Posts
I recently bought a Nakamura Attack 650 bike from a sporting goods store I work at.
Ask the supplier to your store yet?
#1, its not a bike shop brand, (Never Heard Of It over here )Your Sporting goods store does not have a staff bike mechanic, does it?

As a brand name it sounds good.. brand names are made up, some resell as commodities themselves

pick a Japanese family name , Although it may have been made in PRC or ROC.. country of origin sticker still on it?

Take it to a proper bike shop so it's assembly is double checked for function and safety.

Last edited by fietsbob; 10-30-17 at 02:23 PM.
Old 12-19-17, 10:51 AM
Mark Mandolin

Bikes: Home built Ebike, 2001 Diamondback bmx, Norco Katmandu hard tail mountain bike, 197? Apollo 10 speed road bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nakamura bikes are sold here in Canada through Sportchek a large sporting goods store. It seems to be a cheap line of steel frame bikes. I only really examined the children's line when shopping for my brats. But these days especially from my perspective being older even the cheap bikes are not bad for casual riding. You have already bought it and if you like it so far why not keep it? You can get some really nice bikes and the sky is the limit but if your using it around campus the cool expensive bikes will get stolen first.
Old 08-18-19, 10:55 AM
Berkthenakamura

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bak Hacı şimdi bir kere ingilizce bir şey yazıcam gerisi türkçe . Translate this from türkish . Şimdi babam Nakamura bulabileceğin en iyi biskleti buldum ama akılsız kafan almaya basmamış ok ne dünyanın en iyi bisikleti bak hacı bir vitesleri var bir lastikleri bir hızı var büyük adaya gel isranbuldan vapurla bir tur atırırım hacıma görürüsğn güzeliğini tamam mı hacı haberleşiriz